Official Rabbi Matondo Announced

I have a good feeling about this.

Kent on one side and Rabbi on the other - defences will be terrorised
Defences would try and mark Kent out the game last season and they are welcome to try to do the same with Rabbi but it would allow players like Lawrence more space in the final third. If we got Tillman as well then defences will be sh*****g themselves.

Not going to lie and say I know that much about him but the things I've seen and read over the last few days leave me excited to see him in a Rangers shirt. Welcome to Rangers Rabbi.
Just like the rest of us.
Similar to how we felt about Amoruso, Albertz and plenty more including the current manager.

Never heard of him, and something about his name makes me think he'll be a flop.

That means he's almost guaranteed to become a club legend :))

Welcome to the club Rabbi! Go on and prove my weirdly wired brain wrong.

Chance to be a superstar and idolised by Millions. Go grab the opportunity and I look forward to getting out of my seat to see you in full flight

Do we see him making an instant impact or will it take him a season to get upto speed?
I think we need to remember that as much as he was signed for €11m by Schalke as a prospect, he shouldn’t be looked at by Rangers as a ‘prospect’ style player.

He’s had 70 games under his belt across Belgium, Germany and England, as well as a handful of games for Wales.

Make no mistake, he’s been signed as our starting right winger.

If Wright keeps up his end of season form for the coming season, then we’ve got a great situation there.

I know the stats in these are usually shite but I hope to god they are shite. Can't cross, can't head, isn't very brave.... Not great for a winger!

Looks like a semi project player as if he was great, schalke wouldn't have let him go. Here's hoping we can improve him and he isn't hacked down every 5 seconds in Scotland.
Doesn’t work like that in football…we let rino gattuso go and he didn’t end up to bad a player.
One thing for sure though the lad knows where the net is eh?

I know the stats in these are usually shite but I hope to god they are shite. Can't cross, can't head, isn't very brave.... Not great for a winger!

Looks like a semi project player as if he was great, schalke wouldn't have let him go. Here's hoping we can improve him and he isn't hacked down every 5 seconds in Scotland.
We need wingers to head the ball?

That’s a new one.

Welcome to the greatest football club on Earth! Looking forward to seeing him play, don't know much about him, so hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

I've a mate who's a Cardiff fan. I asked him about Rab and he said:

"Came through our academy at Cardiff, fast player alot like Dan James but again like James lacks an end product, but still young and has been scoring in Belgium so with some consistency he'll hopefully come good for you"

We need wingers to head the ball?

That’s a new one.
a footballer being able to head the ball a new one?

every player should be able to head the ball, especially a forward if the ball is coming from the opposite side and our central players move to meet it.

however, as i said, the figures are hopefully made up.

a footballer being able to head the ball a new one?

every player should be able to head the ball, especially a forward if the ball is coming from the opposite side and our central players move to meet it.

however, as i said, the figures are hopefully made up.
I wouldn’t say it’s a prerequisite of being a small, nippy winger though.

south-park-stan.gif

This is the best video of him I think, mostly clips of last season with Cercle Brugge, where he really seems to have kicked on previous to what he's shown before.

Some composed finishes in there, 10 goals in a decent league and still a lot of scope for improvement obviously.

The goal at 3:28 was class...

I think we've got him at a good point if he kicks on again from what he showed last season we could have won a watch.
Nobody is catching him

Can’t wait for him to run at starfelt and whatever pigmy the play at left back he’s gone

He's going to get fans out of their seats driving down the pitch with that ball stuck to his feet.

Hopefully he thrives with us.

Comes across as a very bright and level-headed young man in the RangersTV interview, and doesn’t look short of confidence on the training pitch either.

Have a good feeling about his young man. I think he will do well for us.
Was going to post exactly the same - another player who seems to carry themselves well.
Also learned in that video his name is pronounced Rabbie like Rabbie Burns :D

Didn't know much of the lad till last week, obligatory YouTube clips look decent and to be what we're looking for.
That + stats he has makes me excited to see him get started.

Window taking shape now.

Excited by this. Our first proper piece of business this off season. This takes away some of the hurt of losing Aribo and could bring us proper balance for the first time in ages.

That compilation of him was very impressive.

He knows he is so much faster than the players he is up against.
He looks to have the ability to generate serious pace after about half a dozen strides.

The lad just has to be wary of the hammer throwers he will come up against.

He looks to have the ability to generate serious pace after about half a dozen strides.

may not mean a thing in scotland though the way teams play against us, in europe however, that's a very handy tool to have, like to see a race between him, kent, wright and fashion

There was a tweet from a while back that he was recorded faster than Usain Bolt over 20m. So his burst of pace must be electric!

Back