Official Rabbi Matondo Announced

This boy is going to rip the jobbers of the SPFL to shreds. Make no mistake.

As long as he puts a couple away against the scum, he will be alright with me!

It's going to be interesting to see if he can deal with the hammer throwers of our league and the inevitable park the bus tactics. He strikes me as the type of player who will excel in the more open games ie mentally challengeds and Europe. Overall this looks like good business given his age with plenty scope to develop.

at 21 and having the experience of playing abroad means he will have matured very well aswell as being capped by his national side.

VAR and penalty to Rangers are going to be roasting hot, lots of reds too i reckon he will win us.

Can finally feel some serious doings coming right up, smashing games by 60/70 mins and using the squad strength between Europe and domestic.

Ranger Rabbi sounds like a Kids Saturday morning cartoon.

He does look quite entertaining though and he seems to have the directness out current widemen too often cannot find.

British lad, clearly knows what Rangers are all about and speaking to the likes of Defoe and Ramsay will only enhance that.

Read an article on Matondo when he broke onto the scene at Schalke - 2-0 up against Leipzig and gave them nightmares, scored the third. Article mentioned his application, desire to learn and all round attitude as being fantastic. Could have stayed in England, picked up a massive wage packet at an early age but chose to try Germany and improve his all round game in a different atmosphere.

Ranger Rabbi sounds like a Kids Saturday morning cartoon.

He does look quite entertaining though and he seems to have the directness out current widemen too often cannot find.
I’m sticking with Robert. My grandfather was Robert, known as “Robey”, son has the middle name. Good staunch name. Really excited to see this kid in action.

Last edited:
British lad, clearly knows what Rangers are all about and speaking to the likes of Defoe and Ramsay will only enhance that.

Read an article on Matondo when he broke onto the scene at Schalke - 2-0 up against Leipzig and gave them nightmares, scored the third. Article mentioned his application, desire to learn and all round attitude as being fantastic. Could have stayed in England, picked up a massive wage packet at an early age but chose to try Germany and improve his all round game in a different atmosphere.
Love this. Very encouraging.

I’ve been wondering why the 11 hasn’t been taken up yet. Interesting.
I didn’t even notice the 17 on the jersey, must mean there’s one more coming perhaps or is that wishful thinking?? Unless one of the young players is getting 11?

From what I understand we're not disclosing the fee, is that right?

Has anyone got any idea what it might have been? Like, has there been figures in the papers or Twitter or anything?

What’s the story about the unnamed Scottish club trying to steal him at the 11th hour? I take it it was the mentally challengeds?

Back