Official Rangers win case over tickets with SPFL - but authorities refuse to issue compliance edict to Celtic

They’ve just admitted their normal allocation they give to every spfl club causes safety issues. That sounds a pretty serious issue for whoever issues their safety certificate.

Their stadium "footprint" does not allow the narrow segregation zone which Police Scotland create at Ibrox. Hence why our visiting fans ( but probably no others) are faced with the meet up across the road at the Emirates at breakfast time. All resulting directly from them being given permission to build on top of Janefield Cemetery.

Any kind of league committee that is honest and some credibility would suggest that they forfeit any games where they dont comply with the rules. Or deliberately dont respond given they have the time. Just award the other team the game 3.0 that seems fair to me and would probably force them to comply.
They would never get that voted through though.
Don’t forget the SPFL is ultimately a club run enterprise

Listened to Radio clyde tonight and heard some moron claim that everyone knows the reason that Rangers dont give them the full Broomloan is that we were sick of watching us getting humped. Not 1 of the radio clyde mob challenged it. I hate watching us lose at Ibrox but not half as much as watching the great unwashed abuse a minutes silence, sing their songs glorifying a terrorist organisation responnsible for the deaths of countless British citizens, celebrate the death of our monarch, I could go on. I find this behaviour more repulsive and disgusting than watching them celebrate winning.. this is the reason I want them no where Ibrox ever again and Rangers should be challenging this propaganda put out by their media placemen. They cant control the animals in their support as recent history proves. Yet they think they have an argument for getting the full stand. Tell them to %^*& off and expose them publically at every opportunity for the scum that they are.
We were so sick of watching us get humped that we took back our stand so more of us could get in to watch us get humped, is that right?

Last edited:
Interesting to see how we play this out going forward, is there a potential vote to introduce the capacity % next season? Another 11/1 scenarios?

They’d be aswell naming the vote - “Do we give the Poets the full Broamloan at Ibrox again?”

All the superb work by Papa Smurf for nothing, really hope it doesn't come to that. No away fans at OF, same for both sides.

Interesting to see how we play this out going forward, is there a potential vote to introduce the capacity % next season? Another 11/1 scenarios?

They’d be aswell naming the vote - “Do we give the Poets the full Broamloan at Ibrox again?”

All the superb work by Papa Smurf for nothing, really hope it doesn't come to that. No away fans at OF, same for both sides.
Any vote is not going to be 15%, even if there is to be a minimum they won't get the full stand

There is meant to be a meeting on January 22 to decide if there is amendment to the current ruling on allocations

Percentage doesn't for most games and I can't see clubs voting for it either as it affects every club

There is meant to be a meeting on January 22 to decide if there is amendment to the current ruling on allocations

Percentage doesn't for most games and I can't see clubs voting for it either as it affects every club
it needs to be a set amount at Ibrox like 2700 then we get more elsewhere at hearts and aberdeen

celtic will no doubt be an agreed amount each

I actually wouldnt mind getting a full section of the top tier behind their goal in lisbon lion
good view from there

it needs to be a set amount at Ibrox like 2700 then we get more elsewhere at hearts and aberdeen

I actually wouldnt mind getting a full section of the top tier behind their goal in lisbon lion
good view from there
Thing will be it would across the board the amount it wouldn't ground specific if that is what you are meaning?

If anything does change I could see a 2-tier approach to allocations

IMO next season we will see European allocations for both Ibrox and Parkhead. It’ll be the compromised position for both clubs.

Personally I’d be delighted with that as it would give our away fans far more opportunity to attend our biggest away games of the season.

Thing will be it would across the board the amount it wouldn't ground specific if that is what you are meaning?

If anything does change I could see a 2-tier approach to allocations
Unsure I can see old firm being different from rest
but likes of st mirren, hearts, Sheep we need to offer more to get more .

am really interested in this but a % across , well I aint for it as for me I support an increase number
not %

So they have agreed with Rangers but won,t do anything against celtic.so what is the actual point of having this meeting.

The thing that frustrates me is if this was the other way round we would have been forced to comply, probably fined and ridiculed in the media.

I guess we win the moral debate that it is not us that are preventing away fans. Won’t stop the pundits mentioning the lack of away fans at Ibrox spoils the atmosphere, not sure they ever mention it at Parkhead.

Unsure I can see old firm being different from rest
but likes of st mirren, hearts, Sheep we need to offer more to get more .

am really interested in this but a % across , well I aint for it as for me I support an increase number
not %
What I mean is a 2 tier rule is based on capacity

% over a certain amount - affects only 2 grounds and maybe a set amount below it

As i have posted before and even in this thread we need ensure that impact of any change doesn't affect us both at home or away

What I mean is a 2 tier rule is based on capacity

% over a certain amount - affects only 2 grounds and maybe a set amount below it

As i have posted before and even in this thread we need ensure that impact of any change doesn't affect us both at home or away
Yes I understand now

Sorry if this has been asked but are Celtic saying that can’t protect our fans at their midden?
Surely it can’t be the case that they just say no and that’s it?

IMO next season we will see European allocations for both Ibrox and Parkhead. It’ll be the compromised position for both clubs.

Personally I’d be delighted with that as it would give our away fans far more opportunity to attend our biggest away games of the season.

Celtic don't give us any tickets. Your compromise is that we then give them 3 times their current allocation? That's quite the, er, 'compromise'. I can think of another word. Did you lead the Brexit negotiations, by any chance?

Celtic don't give us any tickets. Your compromise is that we then give them 3 times their current allocation? That's quite the, er, 'compromise'. I can think of another word. Did you lead the Brexit negotiations, by any chance?
I don't necessarily agree with him, but the guy literally said in his post that it would be Euro type allocations at both Ibrox and Parkhead. We clearly aren't giving them anything which isn't reciprocated.

I don't necessarily agree with him, but the guy literally said in his post that it would be Euro type allocations at both Ibrox and Parkhead. We clearly aren't giving them anything which isn't reciprocated.

Oh, that's alright then. We've 'compromised' by giving them more than we want to give and they get to have a say in the allocation we give them.

So there's a compromise because we've given them more and allowed them to ignore the league's own rules and they've given up, er, nothing. Great compromise. Takes two sides, innit, that's how we work fings out, etc.

What makes people think the scum are remotely interested in a euro compromise? Their scum fans on twitter certainly aren’t.

They want the full stand or nothing and want to lorde it over us that they got their way.

As has been said over and over again there is a reason they are desperate to get the old arrangements back.

It's a moot point anyway. I'd be surprised if Celtic accept the Euro Allocation; they're more likely to make up some spurious safety complaint again. They want what they had before.

It's a moot point anyway. I'd be surprised if Celtic accept the Euro Allocation; they're more likely to make up some spurious safety complaint again. They want what they had before.

100%. you can’t reason or compromise with scum like this. Firstly we shouldn’t and secondly they aren’t interested even if we tried.

Lawwell will have an end game his is trying to achieve.

And so the SPFL forfeit any remaining shred of credibility. Here are our rules, please please follow them because if you don’t there’s F all we can do about it.

good view from there

It was reported the minimum percentage allocation would only be enforced in stadiums with a 30k capacity so we wouldn't get any more tickets for Aberdeen or Hearts.

The entire thing is completely rigged first they'll push for a European allocation then go for the full stand again after they throw a hissy fit about safety and ban our fans from the knewcamp soon after.

This was never about them getting between 1500 and 2500 tickets they want the full stand again.

Oh, that's alright then. We've 'compromised' by giving them more than we want to give and they get to have a say in the allocation we give them.

So there's a compromise because we've given them more and allowed them to ignore the league's own rules and they've given up, er, nothing. Great compromise. Takes two sides, innit, that's how we work fings out, etc.
As stated in the post you're quoting, the only way a Euro allocation would happen is if both sides agreed. Which would be a compromise.

I'm happy enough with current allocation personally. It's just clear nobody is suggesting we give them a larger allocation without guarantees in return.

What makes people think the scum are remotely interested in a euro compromise? Their scum fans on twitter certainly aren’t.

They want the full stand or nothing and want to lorde it over us that they got their way.

As has been said over and over again there is a reason they are desperate to get the old arrangements back.
I agree. It won't happen unless we give them full Broomloan which, rightly, isn't happening in a milion years.

Up until yesterday, I was in favour of the Euro allocations at both grounds, my reason being I had enjoyed so many great memories seeing us win at Parkhead and I want future Rangers fans to get those same memories.
But we cannot and must not budge now from the 800 away tickets for them, same as everyone else. They have no interest in anything other than getting everything they want, and they want the full stand and to kick out thousands of our season holders. They will ignore rules, they will lie about their reasons, and they will expect the authorities and other clubs just to roll over and give them what they want because that's what they are used to.
There is no negotiating with bullies, in any walk of life. 800 or zero has to be our stance, and we never even hint that it is negotiable.

I have a gripe with Rangers on this though and it’s been nagging me since I read the statement - they will have known or at least expected this outcome so why have they not been checking in with this sub committee every day demanding Celtic are chased for the documentation and other things like constantly warning them this might happen so that we’re not ten days away from the fixture and it being too late to do anything?
How do you know they weren’t?

Surprise scotlands shame f.c not cooperative, fcuk they don't want to cooperate with the law courts over their pedophile ring so no great surprises

good view from there
No chance we’d get top tier.
Will be current section at corner but with increased numbers.

That's the same scum fans who say we Don,t exist. Say there is old firm.so why do they want a full allocation. Why do thir club want a full allocation for a club they say dosn,t exist.

This is the crux. They've been causing all the issues in the hope that the League or the Police step in.

Euro allocations have been something that our fans have jumped on in the hope of getting a ticket to the piggery. In reality it's a red herring because Euro games arent on the season ticket.

Celtic want the Broomloan back by hook or crook and they've pulled every trick in the book to get it. We caught them out completely when we cut their allocation to what every other team gets. Questions should be asked as to why they want 7.5k tickets so badly to see a team that they say they have no rivalry with.

And some of our fan base would be happy for that to happen, happy for the club to be made fools of and lorded over so they can get their golden ticket to the piggery.

Just back of a fag packet maths, but we give 2,500 and that’s 1,700 season tickets being given up. With the segregation area needed you can probably take that up to 2,200.

That’s around £1.2m in ticket income (assuming c£550 a ticket) plus guaranteed sell outs all year round.

That’s not worth giving up for any other team.
We don't have 50k season tickets. Isn't it 46k. My point being it wouldn't be season ticket holders losing out. It would be tickets sold separately over and above ST

À court can’t make rules for a body to follow. The only recourse is judicial review. As I’ve explained I don’t think that’ll change anything as there appears to be no rule other than that the SPFL sets the amount of away fans they think is reasonable. They say they can’t because the scum didn’t give any evidence. I imagine that would include geography of the stadium,entry and exit points and police advice. It is clearly a nonsense. Any proper governing body would be proposing rule changes to sort it but I won’t hold my breath. You have to wonder what the SPFL do.
The clubs are the governing body. Not the clowns with job titles. Any actual rules and changes are put in place by the clubs who vote on them.

No chance. There cannot be any rules brought in for 2 teams only. Won't happen.

Rangers should refuse every away club in Scotland any further away league allocations in the league, at Ibrox for the rest of the season.

The precedent has been set.

And if Hearts, Hibs et al are upset, they know who to blame.
If we do that, then every other club in Scotland will pander to the stink of Celtics grand plan.

A token Celtic contingent at Ibrox is at a push all I want to see.

Don't think anyone has mentioned it yet, but remember safety concerns aren't just about fan behaviour, they had a crush at their gates due to the barriers they have to put up coupled with the ridiculously shit design of their stadium.

Anyway, doesn't matter, it's not about tickets and allocations, it's about taking apart the corrupt governance of our game.
It's not a power dynamic battle, as you say the tickets are not what's at stake anymore.

Back