Official Rangers win case over tickets with SPFL - but authorities refuse to issue compliance edict to Celtic

Child? Only a child would be unable to see my point. What do you honestly think the SPFL would do if we took such action?
Well I hope everybody remembers this, every time the club gets the usual kicking on here for not going to war about it.

As you said, what do you think would happen to us. Maybe the people high up in the club know this and with the media also against us, we wouldn't stand a chance.

2012 was where the mistake was made. We should have immediately made moves to get out, no matter what. We didn't and we go through this farce year after year. This isn't football anymore, its gutter politics and tbh, I'm losing the will, because as of now, I see no light at the end of the tunnel. I suppose this is what happens when money means more than the game itself.

Just back of a fag packet maths, but we give 2,500 and that’s 1,700 season tickets being given up. With the segregation area needed you can probably take that up to 2,200.

That’s around £1.2m in ticket income (assuming c£550 a ticket) plus guaranteed sell outs all year round.

That’s not worth giving up for any other team.

IMO Rangers should get ahead of the game here - issue a statement to the effect that [to our considerable regret] no away allocations will be offered for the foreseeable future.

Exactly. No more away fans at Ibrox for the rest of the season. More cash in the bank for Rangers. The precedent has been set.

Upset fan of a Premiership club? Address your complaint letters to Kerryfail St.

IMO Rangers should get ahead of the game here - issue a statement to the effect that [to our considerable regret] no away allocations will be offered for the foreseeable future.
Completely disagree.

I do understand the sentiment, but the SPFL have found them to be in the wrong. We take this approach and we’re wrong too, and it opens the door to the SPFL setting an arbitrary figure. And we know where that will end up.

Completely disagree.

I do understand the sentiment, but the SPFL have found them to be in the wrong. We take this approach and we’re wrong too, and it opens the door to the SPFL setting an arbitrary figure. And we know where that will end up.

Being in the wrong results in no repercussions, apparently.

That’s the whole point.

Teams would just do it back. I dont want our team going to every away game without support in a title race

If it’s a % based rule they have no choice but to. Similarly if we drafted up a binding contract in regard to positioning (not that this annoys me as much).
If a % decision is brought into being, the home team will decide where the seats are.

Completely disagree.

But if you're in the wrong and there's a precedent for no consequences .....

I'm not advocating giving every club no tickets tbh. There's good folk (albeit small numbers) from teams like Motherwell, Ross County etc who just want to see their team and shouldn't be punished because of Celtic and a corrupt SFA/SPFL.

In the same way that a government can be taken to court if they don't adhere to the rules that said government lay down. That's exactly what's happening here - for government, read spfl.
À court can’t make rules for a body to follow. The only recourse is judicial review. As I’ve explained I don’t think that’ll change anything as there appears to be no rule other than that the SPFL sets the amount of away fans they think is reasonable. They say they can’t because the scum didn’t give any evidence. I imagine that would include geography of the stadium,entry and exit points and police advice. It is clearly a nonsense. Any proper governing body would be proposing rule changes to sort it but I won’t hold my breath. You have to wonder what the SPFL do.

This is one of Lawwell's pets tweeting before Celtic released their statement. Don't be surprised if the moron Brigade dispute is suddenly solved and they're allowed to attend games again before the 30th.

I've been banging on about this for ages, the Rangers board should have its own "pet" with no affiliation to the club to get our messages out so that the SFA can't punish the club for slagging referees and Celtc and the SFA & SPFL

Just back of a fag packet maths, but we give 2,500 and that’s 1,700 season tickets being given up. With the segregation area needed you can probably take that up to 2,200.

That’s around £1.2m in ticket income (assuming c£550 a ticket) plus guaranteed sell outs all year round.

That’s not worth giving up for any other team.
Exactly, just treat them like another team, they get the corner if they want it

This is one of Lawwell's pets tweeting before Celtic released their statement. Don't be surprised if the moron Brigade dispute is suddenly solved and they're allowed to attend games again before the 30th.

Funny how it is safe for every team visiting.... What does that say?

What's the point of the SPFL having rules and committees when they just let Celtic break those rules whenever they want.
Exactly. They refused the tickets for Ibrox. Imagine if we hadn't offered . Would it still be dragging on???? W. I. F

Can any older bears confirm how much the old Rangers end (I think the Janefield Stand it was called) held at the piggery? I stood in it a couple of times as a wee boy in the early 90s and if my memory serves I think we got something 13 - 15,000 tickets?

By 1999 they had fully redeveloped the midden and it was back up to 60,000 however we were given around 7,500.

The next time one of them tell you that we started the allocation debacle it might be worth pointing them in the direction of this fact and who actually began cutting the away allocation first.
I think 18000 but could be wrong.

This is very simply explained.

Rangers does not discriminate against any club in the SPFL, they are ALL offered the same amount of tickets.

If Celtic feel that they don't want tickets for Ibrox that's down to them.

They arrogantly believe that they are ENTITLED to the entire Broomloan Stand, as confirmed on RC radio tonight by Roger Hannah, and we have disabused them of that notion.

Every match at Ibrox where a full tifo has been displayed-you know the stand-is a statement of FACT that they will NEVER have it again.

Our fans are OUR priority.

Last edited:

Rangers does not discriminate against any club in the SPFL, they are ALL offered the same amount of tickets.

They arrogantly believe that they are ENTITLED to the entire Broomloan Stand, as confirmed on RC radio tonight by Roger Hannah, and we have disabused them of that notion.

Every match at Ibrox where a full tifo has been displayed-you know the stand-is a statement of FACT that they will NEVER have it again.

What did that tit hannah say about it.

Last edited:
Listened to Radio clyde tonight and heard some moron claim that everyone knows the reason that Rangers dont give them the full Broomloan is that we were sick of watching us getting humped. Not 1 of the radio clyde mob challenged it. I hate watching us lose at Ibrox but not half as much as watching the great unwashed abuse a minutes silence, sing their songs glorifying a terrorist organisation responnsible for the deaths of countless British citizens, celebrate the death of our monarch, I could go on. I find this behaviour more repulsive and disgusting than watching them celebrate winning.. this is the reason I want them no where Ibrox ever again and Rangers should be challenging this propaganda put out by their media placemen. They cant control the animals in their support as recent history proves. Yet they think they have an argument for getting the full stand. Tell them to %^*& off and expose them publically at every opportunity for the scum that they are.

Any kind of league committee that is honest and some credibility would suggest that they forfeit any games where they dont comply with the rules. Or deliberately dont respond given they have the time. Just award the other team the game 3.0 that seems fair to me and would probably force them to comply.

The Tim’s will just do exactly what they did the last time. Can’t give you a higher % of tickets due to safety and segregation concerns and they’ll just give us the exact same number of tickets as they get at Ibrox.

David Murray should have met this head on at the time and instead he allowed them to set a precedent.
They started scrapping amongst themselves last week. To keep their own fans safe Celtic should ban them from buying tickets. Until they can ensure their safety against each other. That the real safety concern at the moment.

If we were playing in a normal County I'd disagree with you 100%, as in we can't be childish about this, have to behave like adults etc.
But as it is, I agree, it's more than obvious that these diddy clubs are rammed so far up the fénian arse that it's hopeless talking to them.
Zero tickets for the lot of them, no segregation, less policing costs and more bears.
Makes sense peeps!

The Filth changed the rules by not giving us the section behind the goal due to season ticket allocation for the filth fans.

Rangers now have the old away section as season tickets for rangers fans.

Either keep the 800 offered for away fans or scrap away fans altogether, it's that simple.

To fair, it will make the spfl do something
No it won't.

The other clubs would just become collateral damage in order to help Celtic. And it would still be spun as Rangers fault.

The SPFL have went against their own rules to aid Celtic here, the idea that they would then find their own balls because Motherwell and St Mirren are upset about it is delusional.

St Mirren - We want tickets for Ibrox.

Rangers - We can't give you them.

St Mirren - Why?

Rangers - We have concerns.

The Sub Committee - Shows us the evidence of these concerns please Rangers.

Rangers - No.

The sub committee - Ok, case closed.

This is what the SPFL have allowed Celtic to reduce this to, all because their pathetic and entitled ego couldn't handle being treated the same as every other club.

Great post mate.

Every visiting club to Ibrox gets the league allocation and there are no issues.

Every visiting club to the piggery cannot have the same allocation. That is not our club, board or fans to blame.
It's 100% on the filth and the fact their stadium is unsafe.

It's just a shame some can't see the bigger picture.

That's absolutely disgraceful. Shambolic.

Celtic didn't comply with the sub-committee. The sub-committee found in favour of Rangers. But there will be no mandating that they provide tickets, and no punishment for not complying with the committee. They can't figure out what a "reasonable" number of tickets is to give to the visiting club, yet they give tickets to visiting clubs every other week.

And they still believe there is corruption in favour of Rangers. Anyone but Celtic eh?
Sub committee have deemed themselves to be totally pointless as well as spineless!

They just can't get it into their heads, everything changed in 2012. Why should fans who loyally supported the club through the demotions down the league suddenly give up their seats to them?
Either they accept the 800 or tell them to fcuk off.

If a % decision is brought into being, the home team will decide where the seats are.
That’s why we should’ve been proactive rather than reactive and been pre-empting this.

I literally predicted this would happen weeks ago. If I could, why weren’t Rangers being pro-active and trying to sign legally binding contracts with stuff like positioning being mentioned?

We are just so amateur.

Celtic have released an official statement

Given the recent serious safety and matchday issues which our fans have experienced at fixtures at Ibrox and Celtic Park, Celtic's position on this matter has been very clear.

Celtic welcomes the opportunity to seek to resolve these important issues, and it was a hearing for which the Club was very well-prepared.

We are pleased that the sub-committee recognised the importance of safety and matchday experience issues in considering the question of a reasonable allocation for both fixtures.

While respecting the ongoing process, Celtic stands by its decision not to allocate any tickets for away supporters for the match on December 30th.

Celtic will continue to focus on the importance of safety and matchday experience issues as we look to address reasonable allocations at Celtic Park and Ibrox from next year, in a responsible manner.
They’ve just admitted their normal allocation they give to every spfl club causes safety issues. That sounds a pretty serious issue for whoever issues their safety certificate.

It’s the injustice and total disregard for a level playing field that is the main point for me. Rangers knew that they would have to offer atleast 800 fans regardless of the trouble that brings, that bastards have their puppets playing whatever tune they want and that isn’t right.
Another “cinch” will hopefully bankrupt them and the SFA, that’s what we need.

Back