Official Rangers win case over tickets with SPFL - but authorities refuse to issue compliance edict to Celtic

Ffs haha. Tbh I don’t think the 7,500 is realistic. It will be 5% probably rather than 10%.

That’s not the case. I want to support Rangers

Compromises will have to be made one way or another my friend.

7,500 was always a gentleman’s agreement. It was never written in stone. The next stage is a % agreement minimum in the rulling. Then there is no way we are legally obliged to offer more than that. So your point is nonsense.

See above. They are pushing for as many as possible. They are likely to realise that the SPFL are only going to agree to the same figure at the Scottish Cup dictates which is 5%.

I would love the old allocation with a compromise that we changed location or we got % wise more but it isn’t realistic. The 5% rule is likely.
Afraid I can never agree with your third point above, my friend. We should never compromise on this issue. They had a massive advantage over us for years when they had the Broomloan when we were shunted over to pillarland at their dump.

This is one of Lawwell's pets tweeting before Celtic released their statement. Don't be surprised if the moron Brigade dispute is suddenly solved and they're allowed to attend games again before the 30th.

This sounds as if it's leaked directly from PL.

If that's the case, it seems their argument is that they are going for a "safety in numbers" approach. Either allow a far larger number into Ibrox (since presumably 800 isnt large enough for this), or Rangers fans will never be given tickets for Parkhead.

The right thing for the club to do here is put huge pressure on the SPFL via whatever means possible (including internationally, eventually) to punish Celtic for not providing tickets. If they go unpunished, then I guess the future means there will never be away fans at Ibrox again. A situation that I'm perfectly fine with tbh.

Rangers would have known Celtics stance weeks ago.
It's now a game of brinkmanship. Rangers
have few friends if any within Scottish football governance. Expect a rule change in the summer and a subsequent legal challenge.
This will simmer for a few seasons yet.
Unless Rangers cave.

If the day ever returns that the scum return to the full Broomloan stand, do not expect any compromise coming from their end. We will be given the same 7,500 and it will be allocated the same sections it always has been.

This whole debacle proves that the SPFL couldn’t run a bath. But, had Rangers refused to give Celtc tickets for Ibrox in the first place, they would have ran to the SPFL and cried to them that Rangers were being beastly to them again. Had that been the case, they would’ve insisted that we gave them tickets. Perhaps that’s their endgame :rolleyes:

Celtic have released an official statement

Given the recent serious safety and matchday issues which our fans have experienced at fixtures at Ibrox and Celtic Park, Celtic's position on this matter has been very clear.

Celtic welcomes the opportunity to seek to resolve these important issues, and it was a hearing for which the Club was very well-prepared.

We are pleased that the sub-committee recognised the importance of safety and matchday experience issues in considering the question of a reasonable allocation for both fixtures.

While respecting the ongoing process, Celtic stands by its decision not to allocate any tickets for away supporters for the match on December 30th.

Celtic will continue to focus on the importance of safety and matchday experience issues as we look to address reasonable allocations at Celtic Park and Ibrox from next year, in a responsible manner.
So, Celtic banned their own supporters group because of their fans behaviour inside their own stadium and the last time Rangers fans were inside their dump the Celtic support were throwing bottles at them!

Afraid I can never agree with your third point above, my friend. We should never compromise on this issue. They had a massive advantage over us for years when they had the Broomloan when we were shunted over to pillarland at their dump.
And that’s why we should be taking advantage of a % based rule. We would end up with more fans. Or compromise on our position within the stand. Compromising in our favour is better than this utter shitshow regardless of your views on how many fans should be there.

Rangers would have known Celtics stance weeks ago.
It's now a game of brinkmanship. Rangers
have few friends if any within Scottish football governance. Expect a rule change in the summer and a subsequent legal challenge.
This will simmer for a few seasons yet.
Unless Rangers cave.

If the day ever returns that the scum return to the full Broomloan stand, do not expect any compromise coming from their end. We will be given the same 7,500 and it will be allocated the same sections it always has been.

The SPFL's open cowardice when refusing to punish a club clearly breaching SPFL rules is the most important thing here for me. The respective ticket-allocation is a sideshow. We should continue treating them as just another club by offering 800 tickets. If they don't want them, fine by us.

It’s also a myth that all of the tickets were restricted view. Around 5% of ours were. And that’s due to our stadium being better. That was down to our board to demand better seats, but we didn’t.

Now when it’s 800 fans around 80% of seats are restricted.

I wish folks could ignore the totally separate issue of what future away allocations they want to see. It's irrelevant to the events of today.

Rangers currently allocate 800 seats to the away fans of every other team in the division. They offered that identical allocation to Celtic, and they decided not to take them. Rangers only sold those seats to home fans when the away club refused them. Rangers acted totally within SPFL rules.
Celtic currently allocate 800 seats to away fans of every other team in the division. They decided not to offer any tickets to Rangers but still allocate to every other club, and sold these seats to their own fans before this decision was made public. Celtic blatantly broke SPFL rules.
The SPFL have decided breaking their rules has no consequence.

That's where the focus should be.

Why don't we just install a net around the 800 vermin ? Pen them in like animals in a zoo. Surely it would not cost much at all. Then we can move on from this, with c800 each.

spfl is pointless. Resigned to no fans at either ground now. Interesting to see what happens next season as the 1st game is due to be played away.

A coupe of idiots in our support threw things at them, which gave them the opportunity to claim ‘it was dangerous’

That's not evidence within the context of a fixture that's been seen to be safe enough to be played, by all, since 1888.
Others might fall for this but it just doesn't stand up to precedent.
Edit

As an aside and I dont want to derail things.
Maybe they should be banned from away fixtures in Europe as it's not safe for other fans.*self imposed they set the standard after all.
We have video evidenc of them launching projectiles at Lazio fans

Last edited:
I wish folks could ignore the totally separate issue of what future away allocations they want to see. It's irrelevant to the events of today.

Rangers currently allocate 800 seats to the away fans of every other team in the division. They offered that identical allocation to Celtic, and they decided not to take them. Rangers only sold those seats to home fans when the away club refused them. Rangers acted totally within SPFL rules.
Celtic currently allocate 800 seats to away fans of every other team in the division. They decided not to offer any tickets to Rangers but still allocate to every other club, and sold these seats to their own fans before this decision was made public. Celtic blatantly broke SPFL rules.

That's where the focus should be.
I think we are allowed to expand the discussion.

Last edited:
So what will the punishment be for non-compliance of the rules?
Surely if 800 has been allocated on previous occasions, by both clubs, then that is the precedence that has been set?
I doubt any punishment will come their way but they should not be allowed run roughshod over the rules in place.
Minimum, 3 point deduction!

This sounds as if it's leaked directly from PL.

If that's the case, it seems their argument is that they are going for a "safety in numbers" approach. Either allow a far larger number into Ibrox (since presumably 800 isnt large enough for this), or Rangers fans will never be given tickets for Parkhead.

The right thing for the club to do here is put huge pressure on the SPFL via whatever means possible (including internationally, eventually) to punish Celtic for not providing tickets. If they go unpunished, then I guess the future means there will never be away fans at Ibrox again. A situation that I'm perfectly fine with tbh.
Definitely came from lawwell done deliberately to cause animosity. Here is another tweet from the same person how would he know who attended the meeting without getting from the club.

No, we absolutely cannot allow them to dictate like this. The rules are the rules. They have broken them by doing this and therefore should be punished. If they are not, it proves beyond any "reasonable" doubt that the scum are undoubtedly in control of the spfl/sfa/snp/green cabal that currently runs Scottish football. I agree with you Sammy, this needs to be taken to court and those barstewards should be punished big time by taking the stance that they have.
What can a court do ? It is the SPFL’s rules . There appears to be no sanction available except that the spfl tells them the number of away fans to let in. They say they can’t do to lack of evidence. The way to change it is either change the rule or change the spfl board. A judicial review cannot simply make up a punishment much as I’d like them to.

Cage the fukers in.
This is one of Lawwell's pets tweeting before Celtic released their statement. Don't be surprised if the moron Brigade dispute is suddenly solved and they're allowed to attend games again before the 30th.

What are the safety concerns that are only there with the current allocation but won't be there with the increase? Genuine question.

And that’s why we should be taking advantage of a % based rule. We would end up with more fans. Or compromise on our position within the stand. Compromising in our favour is better than this utter shitshow regardless of your views on how many fans should be there.
That is quite simply never going to happen.

I know people are desperate to get the allocations back but start paying attention.

Rangers won't get a single advantage or favour from anyone in Scottish football. The only "compromise" they want is the old allocations back and it saddens me to see Rangers supporters wanting to cave to them for fairly selfish reasons.

It’s also a myth that all of the tickets were restricted view. Around 5% of ours were. And that’s due to our stadium being better. That was down to our board to demand better seats, but we didn’t.

Now when it’s 800 fans around 80% of seats are restricted.
Even more reason we should demand parity of location and percentage allocation relative to capacity at their dump if we ever agree to give them the Broomloan back for OF games.

It is a ridiculous decision from the SFA. In any court or tribunal in this country where a hearing takes place, if one side does not turn up or offer enough evidence to support their case or actions then the decision goes against them with the adjudicator recommending the relevant action to be taken to address the matter. Unless that happens there is no point in having any rules.
Exactly!! Apparently they had months to submit evidence to support their claim around safety issues etc etc. I use one of their quotes....their " scurrilous claims" obviously cannot be substantiated and the feckers still effectively get what they wanted. Rotten to the core every last on of them.

Definitely came from lawwell done deliberately to cause animosity. Here is another tweet from the same person how would he know who attended the meeting without getting from the club.

Somebody should tweet him back saying there would be absolutely no reason for Bisgrove to be there.
We are abiding by the rules. Our position is clear.

That mob running the Scottish game, they get to do whatever they want and get away with it time and time again. Slag our club at their agm and expect us to roll over. Fk them.

I have a gripe with Rangers on this though and it’s been nagging me since I read the statement - they will have known or at least expected this outcome so why have they not been checking in with this sub committee every day demanding Celtic are chased for the documentation and other things like constantly warning them this might happen so that we’re not ten days away from the fixture and it being too late to do anything?

No other Derby in the world do away fans get what the scum are demanding.
Pressure should be put on SPFL to punish these cnuts. If they can offer 800 tickets to every other club they can offer us the same. THEY decided not to take up their allocation that was offered. SPFL talk of sporting integrity etc etc well let's see it in action. Punish the cnuts!

Until we are regular league winners and that mob have been put in their place we are always going to be treated like dirt. These diddy little teams follow them like sheep at present. The ball is in our court.

So they never played ball but had a rep there, whole thing reeks.

What can a court do ? It is the SPFL’s rules . There appears to be no sanction available except that the spfl tells them the number of away fans to let in. They say they can’t do to lack of evidence. The way to change it is either change the rule or change the spfl board. A judicial review cannot simply make up a punishment much as I’d like them to.
In the same way that a government can be taken to court if they don't adhere to the rules that said government lay down. That's exactly what's happening here - for government, read spfl.

Celtic stating safety concerns is smoke and mirrors. Police Scotland made no issues in fact, the only concerns PS had were at the game whereby our supporters were continually subject of bottle throwing and refused sanctuary into the stadium concourse. PS accepted that they failed our supporters that day. Rules have been broken here. Every other club receives an allocation. We have been treated differently here. The board should be making enough noise to get this resolved by way of fine or other sanctions. FWIW, I would be refusing them tickets for the next game.

No other Derby in the world do away fans get what the scum are demanding.
Pressure should be put on SPFL to punish these cnuts. If they can offer 800 tickets to every other club they can offer us the same. THEY decided not to take up their allocation that was offered. SPFL talk of sporting integrity etc etc well let's see it in action. Punish the cnuts!
this,or risk everyone else breaking the rules

Back