Rangers Women Season 21/22

Exactly!

The only people who fling shite at it are people who never watch it or experience it, and they’re the same people who try and compare it to the men’s game when it needs to be treated as it’s own thing. I’ve been involved for a long time and the time and effort that is put in by players, coaches and other volunteers to run the sport is incredible, especially when 99% is unpaid, not even expenses covered for most people.
I have been watching girls then women’s football for the last 14/15 years due to my daughters and can easily sit and analyse and scrutinise it for what it is without comparing it to the boys/mans game, folk like you do it for the development and wellbeing of others and I take my hat off to guys like you and @Blackwood_Teddybear .

Been watching everyone level of it for almost 15 years and know many of the people involved.
As much as Women's Football wants to be "like the men", and it should be treated equally and clubs should be investing in it, it also has to forge its own identity.

The games aren't as fast and tend to be more technical based, that doesn't mean people cant enjoy it. Spectators also need to realise they aren't going to watch the EPL.

FWIW, the women's game is far more enjoyable than watching some of the boring slugfests in Junior and Lower League football. At least the SWPL 1 tries to play.

IMO the SPFL will want a slice of the pie very soon as it is growing so quickly. Its a completely untapped market for sponsorship and a new football audience.
I have been watching girls then women’s football for the last 14/15 years due to my daughters and can easily sit and analyse and scrutinise it for what it is without comparing it to the boys/mans game, folk like you do it for the development and wellbeing of others and I take my hat off to guys like you and @Blackwood_Teddybear .

Big statement of intent today from Rangers.

I'm hearing Lisa Robertson will be announced as a Birmingham player this week as well and Celtic are struggling to sign a striker.

JAMAICA INTERNATIONAL KAYLA MCCOY JOINS RANGERS

The forward joins Malky Thomson’s side from Houston Dash as they gear up for the start of their 2021/22 this weekend.

VIDEO: EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH NEW SIGNING KAYLA MCCOY

DUTCH MIDFIELDER TESSEL MIDDAG JOINS RANGERS
RANGERS are delighted to announce the signing of Tessel Middag from Fiorentina.

The midfielder has vast experience domestically and internationally, having played for Manchester City, Ajax, West Ham and the Dutch National Team.

VIDEO: EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH NEW SIGNING TESSEL MIDDAG

First game of the season today for the women in the SWPL Cup against Queens Park, could easily go into double figures in this one, not a close contest at the best of times but QP going through a real transition period as well with a new manager just in the door and a very small and young squad.

Hi Folks,

Can I ask a quick question on this thread please....

The lad and I went along to the Women's game today at Auchenhowie against QP - great result and some nice football. Had managed to persuade the wife and daughter to come along as well, despite the weather when we left home (Having bought 4 tickets over a week ago).

Had assured the wife that she'd get a seat and be out of the rain due to the small stand.

Slightly surprised when we got there to be told that the stand was only for 'comps' and that regular ticketholders had to stand round the rail. I appreciate that the players' families, etc probably haven't seen them play for ages, but is this the normal at Auchenhowie when you buy tickets?

I don't mind standing - takes me back - but given the downpour prior to kick-off I'm in the doghouse and had my ears nipped on the way back along the M8.:))

Just be good to know for the future .... thanks,

Yours aye,

Hi Folks,

Can I ask a quick question on this thread please....

The lad and I went along to the Women's game today at Auchenhowie against QP - great result and some nice football. Had managed to persuade the wife and daughter to come along as well, despite the weather when we left home (Having bought 4 tickets over a week ago).

Had assured the wife that she'd get a seat and be out of the rain due to the small stand.

Slightly surprised when we got there to be told that the stand was only for 'comps' and that regular ticketholders had to stand round the rail. I appreciate that the players' families, etc probably haven't seen them play for ages, but is this the normal at Auchenhowie when you buy tickets?

I don't mind standing - takes me back - but given the downpour prior to kick-off I'm in the doghouse and had my ears nipped on the way back along the M8.:))

Just be good to know for the future .... thanks,

Yours aye,
There was no mention of it only being comps/families in the stand on social media but they did say some people would have to stand because of covid regulations.

What was your thoughts on the game? Didn’t see any of it as was coaching elsewhere.

I knew QP wouldn’t be any challenge but really good to see Demi Vance back on the pitch.

There was no mention of it only being comps/families in the stand on social media but they did say some people would have to stand because of covid regulations.
Thanks.

There was nothing about standing on the official news item the other week. Just said a limited number of tickets, since I got them early I didn't look for anything else on Social media.

I'll tell 'She Who Must Be Obeyed' it was Covid regs !

Cheers

Thanks.

There was nothing about standing on the official news item the other week. Just said a limited number of tickets, since I got them early I didn't look for anything else on Social media.

I'll tell 'She Who Must Be Obeyed' it was Covid regs !

Cheers
It was first come first served for the seats really. After tomorrow, there’ll be no distancing tho

What was your thoughts on the game? Didn’t see any of it as was coaching elsewhere.

I knew QP wouldn’t be any challenge but really good to see Demi Vance back on the pitch.
I thought it was pretty good, mainly played in the QP half. I think they've got a new team and it's still settling down. Not sure if their heads dropped a little.

Thought they were all pretty sharp, McLauchlan on the wing was good, Brogan Hay had a good game. Not much for Megan or Jenna to do. Impressive series of passes and moves from time to time. Obviously debut goals for Ross,

Back