Rangers Women Season 21/22

Cant see this happening. SWF have previously said they don't want to promote on "non sporting merit". It also leaves SWPL 2 with 7 teams and that division and teams was absolutely shafted last year after being allowed to start then made to wait.

The irony is several clubs last season wanted to go ahead with planned League changes now and invite clubs with the correct criteria into SWPL 2. SWF gave it a very big thumbs down.
Partick Thistle moving to SWPL 1 will be announced tomorrow.

What's your opinion about them maybe getting on better playing on smaller pitches with smaller goals and maybe in teams of seven. Surely that would clearly differentiate the game and perhaps improve the standard? Like so many I'm not really a fan of the women's game as it always seems so stretched on the park and reminiscent of a boys primary seven match. Maybe the kind of changes I suggest would make it more attractive to fans and sponsors. Good luck to them, it's good they get the opportunity to chase a dream.
Not being cheeky, but when was the last game you saw? I was at the Chelsea game tonight and the game was of a very high standard, although Chelsea were the UCL runners up.

one adjustment in line with what you’ve said that might improve it is a slightly smaller goal, as players physically struggle with height and width of it.

What you’ve got to remember is relatively recently anyone that played football for Scotland now in their late 30s probably played their youth football with boys as there wasn’t a great network of girls teams. As each year goes by more and. More teams are appearing in towns and villages and these kids coming through will get better.

This has been confirmed, so Rangers first league will now be against Partick Thistle
Morally such a poor decision from SWF. Led to believe it is very much against what the LMC wanted as well. They are doing their usual of lurching from disaster to the next with 0 leadership.

I feel for Aberdeen and Hamilton - went through hell last season in SWPL2 and an intense 5 week period to sort it all out....and 3rd place now gets bounced up which shafts the other 7 SWPL 2 clubs.
Again.

I've absolutely nothing against Partick Thistle but tweeting "we are going up" is in extremely poor taste as well. Even more so when you consider how furious their men's team were at "being placed" in another division. Only happy when it goes for you.

Coach Malky Thomson speaks ahead of women's team match v Motherwell on Sunday
Scottish Women’s Premier League Cup – Group Stage
Motherwell v Rangers
Sunday, August 15, 2021
Kick Off 16:00
The game is at Alliance Park on Sunday.
Adult entry to the stadium will cost £5. Children will get in for free. All spectators will be housed in the covered seating area.

i thought the penalty against us was wrong, i thought the rule was now if the ball comes off someone and hits your arm/hand it wasn't considered a handball.

Still think we need a better manager. But Iv only been watching them since 2020, and someone who has followed them longer might tell me McKay is the right man for the job.

Coach Malky Thomson speaks ahead of women's team match v Motherwell on Sunday
Scottish Women’s Premier League Cup – Group Stage
Motherwell v Rangers
Sunday, August 15, 2021
Kick Off 16:00
The game is at Alliance Park on Sunday.
Adult entry to the stadium will cost £5. Children will get in for free. All spectators will be housed in the covered seating area.

Could be a massacre, Motherwell missing 4 of their more prominent players through suspension

Morally such a poor decision from SWF. Led to believe it is very much against what the LMC wanted as well. They are doing their usual of lurching from disaster to the next with 0 leadership.

I feel for Aberdeen and Hamilton - went through hell last season in SWPL2 and an intense 5 week period to sort it all out....and 3rd place now gets bounced up which shafts the other 7 SWPL 2 clubs.
Again.

I've absolutely nothing against Partick Thistle but tweeting "we are going up" is in extremely poor taste as well. Even more so when you consider how furious their men's team were at "being placed" in another division. Only happy when it goes for you.
Agreed, I heard 9 of the 10 teams were in favour but don’t know how accurate that is.

I feel sorry for Hamilton more than anyone else to an extent because they done really well in that closing period of games, beating all their closest competition and it’s been sort of devalued with a free place been given.

A 7 team SWPL 2 is a bit of a farce, 18 game season with the potential now for teams to have a month off at a time based on internationals and progress in cups.

Thistle are hypocrite’s and their social media celebrating it is quite embarrassing.

i thought the penalty against us was wrong, i thought the rule was now if the ball comes off someone and hits your arm/hand it wasn't considered a handball.
I have never seen a penalty given when a defender attepmts a clearance and hits his/her own player from no distance on the arm. But try to find a rule about that ...

Anyone know if Motherwell away tomorrow is pay at the gate or if you need a ticket? Oldest daughter has been asking me for a while to take her to see the rangers girls

Agreed, I heard 9 of the 10 teams were in favour but don’t know how accurate that is.

I feel sorry for Hamilton more than anyone else to an extent because they done really well in that closing period of games, beating all their closest competition and it’s been sort of devalued with a free place been given.

A 7 team SWPL 2 is a bit of a farce, 18 game season with the potential now for teams to have a month off at a time based on internationals and progress in cups.

Thistle are hypocrite’s and their social media celebrating it is quite embarrassing.
Talking to a thistle player yesterday and if truth be told she was also embarrassed about promotion and felt for al the rest of swpl2 teams

Talking to a thistle player yesterday and if truth be told she was also embarrassed about promotion and felt for al the rest of swpl2 teams
Yeah I’ve spoken to quite a few who don’t think they’re prepared to step up and will struggle in a lot of games, they weren’t consulted in it at all the club just made the decision.

Helander you seem to have a good knowledge of the womens team have we improved on last year do you think?
I think we’re stronger middle to front and have fairly decent depth and competition for places, but I think we could do with a bit more strength defensively for the bigger games as I just don’t think we’re quite there yet.

I think we’re stronger middle to front and have fairly decent depth and competition for places, but I think we could do with a bit more strength defensively for the bigger games as I just don’t think we’re quite there yet.
We are a long way off competing, we are very short in midfield numbers wise. We need another two really midfielders to challenge.

We are a long way off competing, we are very short in midfield numbers wise. We need another two really midfielders to challenge.
Respectfully disagree, always good to have more numbers and another centre mid wouldn’t go amiss but I don’t think we’re a long way off competing at all. Celtic haven’t strengthened, infact they’ve become weaker in my opinion, Glasgow City will be the real test but they continue to lose their experienced winners and if we can get a rhythm going like we did prior to the shutdown we’ll be fine.

Back