Scored v them, Ibrox, Hampden and the beggardome

I've got to think from the early, mid and late fifties, the likes of Derek Grierson and Murray would possibly in the group considering again the Glasgow and Charity Cup angles. Maybe Billy Simpson.

Another thing really depressing about the last two seasons is the amount of their players that have completed the feat

McGregor, Rogic, Sinclair, Dembele.

Makes you sick man.

Laudrup scored at all three grounds I think.

Broomloan end in the 3 all game
Scored at pafkhead when John O’Neil fell on his arse
Did he not score at Hampden when they used it as their home ground, seem to remember him rounding their keeper and rolling the ball into an empty net.

He also scored in a 2-1 semi final victory over that mob at Hampden. He lobbed Marshall to make it, Super scored the first just before half time. I was behind the goal and it was bedlam.

Still the worst offside decision I’ve ever witnessed. I was right in line with it in the Main Stand that day.

Terrible terrible terrible decision

Did I say it was a terrible decision :D
Sure was terrible, bud.
More than terrible, at least four times terrible, if not worser!

Didn’t Walters score in a 3-1 defeat? Possibly the game Ginzburg was in goals?

You are right. November 1988. I have no memory of the game and its not listed on wiki as a pen.

Add Mark Walters to the list.

Edit. Just watched on youtube. Another Anton Rogan penalty. Chris Woods in goal. Butcher OG

Last edited:
Jelavic in there? Against them for Vienna, we all remember THAT goal at Hampden across the line and I can’t remember it but I think he scored at Ibrox against them as a user on here has him running away celebrating at Ibrox with them in the background

My old man claims Bett scored a header in the game at the mentally challenged end and Dalziel and John Mcdonald got the other 2.

As you rightly say, John Mcdonald is another.

3-0 league win Ibrox after Chesterfield debacle and Hampden Dryburgh Cup Final, when Cooper and Jardine scored 2 beauties.
Your old man’s correct 3 3 great game.

I'm sure I remember Doddy having one disallowed against them at Ibrox. Dangerous play (head down) in a 3 2 win for us.

That was 2-2. Parlane with two for us and Aitken for them. (Mar 77)

Wee doddie's effort would have been the winner.

A certain ex Ranger played for them that day.

Dont want to derail the thread. Good thread OP by the way :)

However, on a related matter of goals at the piggery, I remember one where one of our players got his toe to a ball and it looped away up high and was just dropping just inside their net down the scum end of the ground. At the last moment it looked like they might clear it until our forward just bundled his body in the way and forced it home or even just stopped them clearing it.

For the life of me, I can’t remember who lobbed it towards goal, who bundled it in / protected it in and who got credited with the goal.

Think it might have been Super Greedy who bundled it over and maybe Durrant lobbed it. Mind you. Could have been anybody as I genuinely can’t remember :D.

Anybody help me LOL
Durrant and Laudrup mate?

I'm taking a stab that Jimmy Millar would have?

Ralph Brand also.

Millar in the league 1959/60 (at Ibrox)
Millar in the league 1959/60 (Ne'erday at the cesspit)
Millar x a couple (at least) in the SC semi final and replays of March/April 1959/60

So we might have a winner here.

Jimmy Millar achieving it all in the one season!

He’s definitely scored at the piggery against the sheep in a semifinal in the mid eighties.

Was in the jungle ( the toilets were a disgrace that day).;)

The toilets in every part of the piggery were an absolute disgrace.

Little more than trenches gouged out of the ground, behind a wall.

There wasn't even a roof on their stinking bogs back then

Didn’t Walters score in a 3-1 defeat? Possibly the game Ginzburg was in goals?

Two different games.

Ginzburg was in goals for the 1-1 draw in August 89. Butcher scored for us, Dziekanowski fluked one in for the Tims with his knee to equalise.

Two different games.

Ginzburg was in goals for the 1-1 draw in August 89. Butcher scored for us, Dziekanowski fluked one in for the Tims with his knee to equalise.

Aye you’re right. Am I right in saying Woods got injured in the first game of the season when we lost to St Mirren? I recall Bonny being in goals against Hibs at Easter Rd too before the Tims game which we lost 2-0.

Aye you’re right. Am I right in saying Woods got injured in the first game of the season when we lost to St Mirren? I recall Bonny being in goals against Hibs at Easter Rd too before the Tims game which we lost 2-0.

Spot on mate.

McDowall clattered into Woods in the opening game of the season and dislocated his shoulder.

IIRC, Lindsay Hamilton was due to play in goals but Souness went out and bought Ginzburg instead.

Ginzburg sold the two goals at Easter Road in his league debut.

Spot on mate.

McDowall clattered into Woods in the opening game of the season and dislocated his shoulder.

IIRC, Lindsay Hamilton was due to play in goals but Souness went out and bought Ginzburg instead.

Ginzburg sold the two goals at Easter Road in his league debut.

Keith Houchen and Mickey Weir scored their goals I think? I have this image of Bonny standing looking biscuit ersed with his hands on his hips but can’t actually mind how the goals went in :D

Hamilton was in goals for the reserves the day we drew at Celtic. As I mentioned earlier in the thread there was a lot of confusion for me at that game and seeing a bloke with a lassies name added to it somewhat.

Keith Houchen and Mickey Weir scored their goals I think? I have this image of Bonny standing looking biscuit ersed with his hands on his hips but can’t actually mind how the goals went in :D

Hamilton was in goals for the reserves the day we drew at Celtic. As I mentioned earlier in the thread there was a lot of confusion for me at that game and seeing a bloke with a lassies name added to it somewhat.

Aye, Houchen and Weir. Houchen trundled one in from the edge of the box which Ginzburg really should've got a hand to and the second one he came out miles for a cross and missed it before it broke to Weir to knock in through a crowd of bodies.

We started that season dreadfully. Won only two of our first 8 league games and lost three of them!

I've seen footage of him scoring at the piggery in the same game Alex Miller scored a last minute winner, probably early 1980s and I've also seen a free kick in a Hampden League Cup Final when we lost 2-1 around the same time mate.

Way way before my time.
Am sure Bett scored a cool free-kick against them in a defeat at Hampden .

Aye, Houchen and Weir. Houchen trundled one in from the edge of the box which Ginzburg really should've got a hand to and the second one he came out miles for a cross and missed it before it broke to Weir to knock in through a crowd of bodies.

We started that season dreadfully. Won only two of our first 8 league games and lost three of them!

Aye I remember it now mate. Was still 2 points for a win back then though wasn’t it? Still pish but not as disastrous as it could’ve been.

Back