Scored v them, Ibrox, Hampden and the beggardome

I totally agree, it truly was unique, was discussing this in another thread, You’d be hard pushed to find another game (certainly in Britain) that had that sort of frenzy. Your point about the younger Bears is why I was against the cutting of allocations tbh. I absolutely understand the reasons behind it but it’s a pity some of them won’t get to see us beating the bastards at their midden.

CD, I’d go back to 50/50 splits home and away.

However, I supported booting the paedos out the Broomy because we were tucked in a shitey wee out of sight of the cameras corner whilst giving them a whole end. Murray did that to us.

Anyway, I’d love the old days back but whilst they treat us like crap they can get stuck in the diddy club corner with the rest :D

Colin Jackson and Alex McDonald definitely scored at Hampden and the piggery, but can any older bears confirm whether or not they ever scored at Ibrox?
Jackson around 1980, first win there for a while, Miller scores the winner.
Edit: Just seen I’ve been a dick.
Too eager to impress!

CD, I’d go back to 50/50 splits home and away.

However, I supported booting the paedos out the Broomy because we were tucked in a shitey wee out of sight of the cameras corner whilst giving them a whole end. Murray did that to us.

Anyway, I’d love the old days back but whilst they treat us like crap they can get stuck in the diddy club corner with the rest :D

Oh aye definitely mate, I was 100% behind moving them and cutting the allocation to at least bring the relative % into line, I just wouldn’t have gone as far as we have. Anyway that’s a debate for another thread and been done to death already.

I've seen footage of him scoring at the piggery in the same game Alex Miller scored a last minute winner, probably early 1980s and I've also seen a free kick in a Hampden League Cup Final when we lost 2-1 around the same time mate.

Way way before my time.
Whenever Bett scored at Paradump, it wasn’t that game.

Dont want to derail the thread. Good thread OP by the way :)

However, on a related matter of goals at the piggery, I remember one where one of our players got his toe to a ball and it looped away up high and was just dropping just inside their net down the scum end of the ground. At the last moment it looked like they might clear it until our forward just bundled his body in the way and forced it home or even just stopped them clearing it.

For the life of me, I can’t remember who lobbed it towards goal, who bundled it in / protected it in and who got credited with the goal.

Think it might have been Super Greedy who bundled it over and maybe Durrant lobbed it. Mind you. Could have been anybody as I genuinely can’t remember :D.

Anybody help me LOL
Reads like Ian Ferguson’s free kick in the 2-1 win around 89.
Might have been the game where fingers missed the penalty.

3-3, the day Robertson was offside neared his own half than the penalty box.

Still the worst offside decision I’ve ever witnessed. I was right in line with it in the Main Stand that day.

Terrible terrible terrible decision

Did I say it was a terrible decision :D

Reads like Ian Ferguson’s free kick in the 2-1 win around 89.
Might have been the game where fingers missed the penalty.

I remember that one as I was at it. Another Bonnar flap. LOL

It was the Durrant lob and Laudrup finish I was thinking about.

Offhand I can't remember, but I think John McDonald scored though, which if true, would make him another contender here.

My old man claims Bett scored a header in the game at the mentally challenged end and Dalziel and John Mcdonald got the other 2.

As you rightly say, John Mcdonald is another.

3-0 league win Ibrox after Chesterfield debacle and Hampden Dryburgh Cup Final, when Cooper and Jardine scored 2 beauties.

Laudr
Did he get an own goal at the piggery?

Or am I just thinking of the penalty he gave away?

I can't think of Laudrup scoring at Ibrox .
Laudrup scored at the BRoomloan in the 3-3 game. It was about 5 mins after Robertson's disallowed goal. Gazza helped it towards him and I think someone was bundled over(maybe Cleland). Ball fell to Laudrup just inside the box to the right of the D and he whipped it across their keeper into the side netting. It was a beauty.

Alfie Conn

Ibrox
League
6 January 1973
2–1

Hampden
Scottish Cup Final
5 May 1973
3-2

Piggery
League Cup
25 August 1973
3–1

Laudrup scored at all three grounds I think.

Broomloan end in the 3 all game
Scored at pafkhead when John O’Neil fell on his arse
Did he not score at Hampden when they used it as their home ground, seem to remember him rounding their keeper and rolling the ball into an empty net.

Laudrup scored at all three grounds I think.

Broomloan end in the 3 all game
Scored at pafkhead when John O’Neil fell on his arse
Did he not score at Hampden when they used it as their home ground, seem to remember him rounding their keeper and rolling the ball into an empty net.

Yes, he did. Left the same Brian O'Neil in his slipstream before, as you say, rounding the goalie.

Jackson didn’t score in the 1980 game. Got the winner in a 2-1 win in 1974.

He also scored at the same venue in the Glasgow Cup final at the same venue in 1976. In the same game, Jardine scored the fore runner of his Dryburgh Cup goal three years later and Alex Miller clinched the game with a penalty.

Offhand I can't remember, but I think John McDonald scored though, which if true, would make him another contender here.

Fuckin hell. :eek: good shout wee bud

I was at the 3-3 game Dalziel scored and also can’t remember if Bett got one.

I’m away to google John McDonald though.

Edit. Just seen. McDonald is in the club :)

I certainly remember Kenny Miller and Super Ally, can’t remember anymore from my own mind without reading on here.

Back