Scotland u21 vs England u21 - Toulon Tournament Semi Final

Nice goal by England there. Megged big rage-poet and stroked it inside the far post.

Scotland out of ideas and have been garbage since going ahead. Not hitting front men or finding Gilmour enough.

I was surprised how poor England looked in the first half.
They’re normally miles ahead at this level.

Had hoped it might be due to a bit more quality from Scotland than there’s been in recent years but I think the tide has turned.

Not seen anything in this to suggest that Scotland's fortunes are likely to improve any time in the near future.

Gilmour, at 16, is head and shoulders better than any other Scottish outfield player

I bet that boy Hornby wishes he was a foot shorter and he could be watching this at home with a beer instead of being shelled with more long range missiles than the fucking Falklands.

Nice goal by England there. Megged big rage-poet and stroked it inside the far post.

Scotland out of ideas and have been garbage since going ahead. Not hitting front men or finding Gilmour enough.
Turn over possession far too easily at this level.

Against a team that can really play it will kill you.

There’s still too much of the hoof it up the park stuff from Scotland.

I saw the recent draw (and it was nearly a defeat) against Andorra and it was the same.

We actually look to have two very good midfielders in the team and are consistently bypassing them to punt it from centre half

Last edited:
I've heard that Hornby doesn't train like a model pro and could go off the rails.

Choo Choo!

Scotland has a few cracking players but England have class all over the pitch and they play like they've known each other for years.

Ralston punts it up hopelessly and gets skinned defensively. Hard to imagine him getting called up if he wasn't on Celtics books but no doubt some diddy side will hand them 250k to sign him. Him laughing at Neymar when down 3-0 hould of been a good idea that he's no the brightest either

Totally off topic, but why are England not in their proper white shirts when there is no clash with Scotland's colours?

I'm watching with the sound off, can someone tell me what number Gilmour is? Scotland's no.8 and 16 look good.

Zero football being played by Scotland, it’s just a punt up the park time after time.

Every time Porteus gets the ball inside our penalty area it's just a huge punt up the park. Every time without fail. It's just handing possession back to the opposition.

I'm watching with the sound off, can someone tell me what number Gilmour is? Scotland's no.8 and 16 look good.

Gilmour is 16. Johnston is No.8, he plays with them.

Burt 10, Burke 7, Luca Toni 9 and the keeper is Ross McCrorie's double.

Reactions: TN8
Its depressing to see us just boot it as far up the park as possible, Gilmour at 16 though wow, cant wait to see him in 2 or 3 years when he develops more.

There’s still too much of the hoof it up the park stuff from Scotland.

I saw the recent draw (and it was nearly a defeat) against Gibraltar and it was the same.

We actually look to have two very good midfielders in the team and are consistently bypassing them to punt it from centre half
There is no football out from the back.
The Scottish defenders are hoof it merchants.

Scottish people used to be great at playing fòotball.....now they are shyte. :(:(:(

The big man up front for Scotland is just a big lump. He doesn’t win it in the air and has very limited technical ability.

I thought he was highly rated at Everton but he has not impressed in this tournament

Back