Scotland u21 vs England u21 - Toulon Tournament Semi Final

I'm watching with the sound off, can someone tell me what number Gilmour is? Scotland's no.8 and 16 look good.

Have to agree that those two would appear to be the only two outfield players we have worth speaking about, and Gilmour is a stand out by a country mile.

Terrible offside decision.

You wouldn’t have thought you’d be allowed a Scottish linesman in this game.

Does anyone think we maybe had a deal when we sold Gilmour that when he is 18/19 we could get him on loan for a season ? or is it just wishful thinking ?

Does anyone think we maybe had a deal when we sold Gilmour that when he is 18/19 we could get him on loan for a season ? or is it just wishfull thinking ?

Definitely wishful thinking. Pedro was sorting out deals at the time.

There's the third. Game over. Scotland have been brutal in the second half.

All three goals Ralston has to buy a ticket to get back in the ground.

Shocker of a pass from Campbell, invited pressure on to himself then fluffed it. Centre halfs all over the shop.

Fair point, the way Gilmour moves and controls the ball for a 16 year old is unreal.

He nearly tied his own legs in a knot for their third.

He really is absolutely shite

I would rather see a traditional small Scottish passing team even if they got physically overwhelmed, than this technical desert of oversized mediocrity.

We used to be small but we could play.
Now we look bigger and yet fckn clueless.

What is going on?

Team with 50 million populace to draw talent from, a progressive footballing ethos and technical and tactically focussed coaching better than a team of Malky McKay’s choosing.

Crazy isn’t it?
No excuse for some of the absolutely brutal stuff we play at times.

Watched against Andorra we were just as bad .

Gilmour outstanding. Johnston decent. Sadly, didn't see much else to build my hopes for the future upon

No excuse for some of the absolutely brutal stuff we play at times.

Watched against Andorra we were just as bad .

That’s the point I’m making. When your tactical plan is drawn up by Big Malky - it’s fücked before a ball’s kicked!!

Team with 50 million populace to draw talent from, a progressive footballing ethos and technical and tactically focussed coaching better than a team of Malky McKay’s choosing.

Crazy isn’t it?
I understand your point.
But the bigger population can only put eleven on the park.
Losing isn't the problem.
Not being able to control a football is.

That was park football there, except Gilmour.

I saw a team play exactly the same way in our local park lastSunday morning.

Crazy isn’t it?

That 50 million argument is a crutch that every technically lacking coach, player and team uses.

It’s remarkably unhelpful and gives a get out for an utterly ridiculous attitude to ball retention.

I understand your point.

I agree with this.

I honestly believe it is to do with the way we teach our kids. I truthfully believe the English and many Scandinavian countries just coach kids far better than us.

You absolutely can teach kids how to control a ball and pass.

I understand your point.

Did anyone read beyond the population size in my post? If they did you’d realise I’ve made exactly those points.

The size of England was a false flag before listing where others succeed and we fail.

Full of black kids as well.:D

Couldn’t get over how many black players they have, they must have finished the match with around 9 on the field. It helps greatly to have such a massive pool of players to pick from. The 1st team really should be a top team in world football

I would rather see a traditional small Scottish passing team even if they got physically overwhelmed, than this technical desert of oversized mediocrity.

We used to be small but we could play.
Now we look bigger and yet fckn clueless.

What is going on?
A point raised by Craig Mulholland, for years Rangers went for the big physical lads and bheast F.C. the technical players. Roles are now reversed and it’s Rangers who have players on ability

He's a class act and it's a shame he's got some rotten players around him. Gutted we let him go, but he's set for the top.
I'm sure you didn't mean it this way - but we didn't let him go. We wanted him to stay. He chose to go. I wish him well, still.

Back