Scotland v Portugal

Tidy finish from Naismith there.

However, let's not kid ourselves. Scotland are absolutely honking. Our players can't do the basic things at that level.

They can't control a ball properly. They lack pace. They don't take up good positions. Their movement is poor. They are easily pressed into mistakes. They don't press the ball well themselves. They can't take a man on and get past them. Their finishing is generally poor. Their decision making is poor.

In fact, we are short on almost every technical aspect of the game.

We really need to re-think everything about Scottish football and rip it all up and start again if we are ever going to emerge from the backwaters of diddy country obscurity in world football.

Oh, and the "two best players" we have, have directly cost us 3 goals in consecutive defeats. Rip it up and start again.

Aye weel. The rot in the Scotland team started when the SFA started playing seltk players to the exclusion of everybody else. It's an old saying but true that Scotland have a good team when Rangers have a good team. When the SFA and their cronies cast us into the darkness of the 3rd division, they sealed the Scottish teams fate. The only Scottish players we have now are Shagger,Jack,Middleton, McCrorie Dorrans and Murphy. Get them all fit and play them in their rightful positions. Get rid of O'Donnel,and the rest of the Tims and we will have the core of a Scotland revival.

I wanted Eck ahead of McInnes.

Now that we have the next fecking Fergie I’m none too disappointed.

If only 'we' could have Scottish refs for internationals then we could get stuck right intae them and play our own game instead of having to try to play like the rest of the world.
S'no ferr, sumdy's cheatin us.
Aye, you're right, i think it's the SFA

We have the national team ‘we’ deserve.

This is a huge part of the problem.

"We" are the people and we ain't even remotely engaged with this tim SFA and tim packed national team. They've done everything in their power to destroy Rangers for well over a decade and have also slithered their own bigots into key positions throughout football.

The result is that most of "us" don't really give a shit about the national team now, and actively despise the SFA and SPFL. I'll always be Scottish and will always us the word "we" when talking about the national team, but this nest of bigot vipers has really disengaged me.

No intention of returning to support my national side at any point in the foreseeable future. Root and branch clear out required at every level of scottish football

Last edited:
Aye weel. The rot in the Scotland team started when the SFA started playing seltk players to the exclusion of everybody else. It's an old saying but true that Scotland have a good team when Rangers have a good team. When the SFA and their cronies cast us into the darkness of the 3rd division, they sealed the Scottish teams fate. The only Scottish players we have now are Shagger,Jack,Middleton, McCrorie Dorrans and Murphy. Get them all fit and play them in their rightful positions. Get rid of O'Donnel,and the rest of the Tims and we will have the core of a Scotland revival.

Sorry mate but they should just stay at home or train with the boys during international break.

We should not allow any of our players to play for Scotland. They don't deserve our players.

Scotland have no defenders. Last decent defender was........ David Weir. That's how bad we have fallen.

Strachan is a condescending wánk. I genuinely wouldn't have him on again as a pundit.

The way he talks to Haley at times. It's pure contempt for her and the viewers.
He really is an utter twat, not that I heard him today but he always tries to be funny and comes accross as a condescending weasel.

My interest in the national team has dropped so low for the first time ever I've bet again st my team. Had 90 quid on Portugal-1 at 2/1.

Strachan is a condescending wánk. I genuinely wouldn't have him on again as a pundit.

The way he talks to Haley at times. It's pure contempt for her and the viewers.
he's a disgrace, I'm sure she's had words with him during the break, he is nothing but a wee d1ck

An utter embarrassment of a national team set-up is putting it politely for us.

Some of the utter dross getting caps these days, dearie me.

I put a tenner on the Portuguese -1 goal at 2/1, so a wee £20 profit. Even with their second string out I thought they would be too good for us. I was pretty pleased that Naismith's goal was the last kick of the ball though.

Speaking as an Irish man Scotland are finished until the deep wounds are heeled which could be some time

I think you are right, the biggest single problem now is that as a country Scotland is divided. In the past the fans were always able to put who they support at club level to the side and get behind the national side. The game here has hated itself to death and I don’t see that changing

Didn't watch the game, in fact the first I realised it was on was when I was driving along GWR earlier and there was a sign saying there may be delays due to football on at Hampdump.

Couldn't care less about the national team any more, the international breaks are just a pain in the arse.

Rangers first, last and everywhere in between for me.

Just think, loads of folk wanted big Eck back in our dugout :eek:

A footballing dinosaur, absolutely useless.

I honestly believe another manager gets more out of these players.

Harsh or not, McLeish is yesterday's man. There is nothing inspiring about him whatsoever.

Totally agree with you.

No idea who is best man to replace him though.

Tidy finish from Naismith there.

However, let's not kid ourselves. Scotland are absolutely honking. Our players can't do the basic things at that level.

They can't control a ball properly. They lack pace. They don't take up good positions. Their movement is poor. They are easily pressed into mistakes. They don't press the ball well themselves. They can't take a man on and get past them. Their finishing is generally poor. Their decision making is poor.

In fact, we are short on almost every technical aspect of the game.

We really need to re-think everything about Scottish football and rip it all up and start again if we are ever going to emerge from the backwaters of diddy country obscurity in world football.

Oh, and the "two best players" we have, have directly cost us 3 goals in consecutive defeats. Rip it up and start again.
Don't hold your breath mate,we are the only country in the world going backwards,HOLLAND AND I BELIEVE GERMANY AGAIN. Are restructuring their leagues,what do SPL do keep plastic pitches,we are a joke,and as a few people have posted DEVIDED as a nation US and them!

Strachan treats fans like they know absolutely nothing about football.

A patronising prick of a guy
The arrogance of the wee cnut knows no bounds. Imagine coming away with that. In a way though he's speaking the truth because there will have been thousands in that paltry ground who haven't a clue about the game.

They reap what they sow.

McLeish was onto a hiding to nothing actually feel sorry for the big man should never have taken the gig he will make a few quid out it but

Hopefully Grezda will be up to speed and apply the killing blow in Albania. Hate to say it, but only even more abject humiliation will shame these SFA blazers into resigning, so keep the defeats coming please.

My dad had a score on Portugal-2. Told him they were 3-0 up with 5 minutes to go then had to break the news that it finished 3-1. Could hear him a minute ago still goin on about it "that wee badly bastard fucked me" :D

McLeish is yesterday’s man.

It’s actually painful watching his press conferences and post match interviews.

The players have no idea where or what system they are supposed to be playing. And he is getting nothing out of them.

I like McLeish, but as someone else said, he's a has-been. Should enjoy his retirement these days... surely he doesn't need this crap?

Latest posts

Back