Archive Season 2022/23 - The Great Big Bumper Thread of RangersTV Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
VPN turned on, not seeing any options to purchase tonights game?
As per the OP - its the 3 Day Unlimited package you are looking for. More importantly, and again as per the OP, do NOT login before attempting to buy. The purchase process will take you through login.

If neither of those apply, clear cache/cookies and try again. If even that fails then re-locate to a different country on your VPN.

I'm only really interested in Rangers games so binned both Sky and BTSport a while ago. Learned a little about VPNs and got myself an Unlimited subscription to RangersTV. Never looked back - and its saved me a considerable sum of money as well. Bought a Freesat box to cover for terrestrial TV for the shite the Mrs watches.

I have Now TV which allows me to add SKY Sports for just 24 hours so I just put it on for our away games. Costs 9.99 for that.

I’ll need to see about getting VPN for my laptop.

I have Now TV which allows me to add SKY Sports for just 24 hours so I just put it on for our away games. Costs 9.99 for that.

I’ll need to see about getting VPN for my laptop.
That's not bad, you'd pay that for the game via RangersTV in any case. No good for Home matches though if you needed them.

Can someone post the link to the page where the 3 day pass etc comes up?

I'm not finding it tonight. Does this every once and a while.
Always in the OP mate - the Join the Action link.

I went to access that page last night and couldn’t get the RTV website to recognise I was in The Netherlands, as per my VPN. Cleared cache/cookies and still had the same problem. Eventually relocated to Belgium and it worked fine.

The Netherlands is working fine for me tonight though.

Last edited:
Always in the OP mate - the Join the Action link.

I went to access that page last night and couldn’t get the RTV website to recognise I was in The Netherlands, as per my VPN. Cleared cache/cookies and still had the same problem. Eventually relocated to Belgium and it worked fine.

The Netherlands is working fine for me tonight though.

Cheers, I'm in Sweden anyway so normally don't have problems but didn't get anything tonight.

Thanks again.

I've never had an issue when I bought individually and since I've got the £240 annual thing I've not been able to see one game. It sits at the holding screen (coverage starts ar 19:15 etc) and then never comes on. Pain in the arse.

I've never had an issue when I bought individually and since I've got the £240 annual thing I've not been able to see one game. It sits at the holding screen (coverage starts ar 19:15 etc) and then never comes on. Pain in the arse.
Just kicks in for me mate, though tonight it started with no sound for a minute or two. Its certainly nothing to do with the type of subscription you have.

Just Refresh the screen and you should be good to go.

Using a vpn? Should work find. I'm on unlimited and it works. Only issue I've had was using my phone as a hotspot for my tablet. I had put the vpn on my phone and it rtv knew I was in uk but switching vpn on in my tablet instead was fine.

Is there any way to watch the Celtc game on a delay on Saturday afternoon? I won’t be able to catch it live but hope to avoid the score and watch it at about 3pm when I’m back home.

Is there any way to watch the Celtc game on a delay on Saturday afternoon? I won’t be able to catch it live but hope to avoid the score and watch it at about 3pm when I’m back home.

Have a look here. Scroll down to post #40 by @Camy

Editing to say that the other thread is more for going back to the start while the game is still on, but you should still be able to 'rewind' it to the start using the scroll bar.

Didnt seem to work for a while but i was able to rewind the stream today.

If it works i think you still need to hit play while the stream is on (and then leave it paused if need be) - otherwise you need to wait till it's posted on RTV that night.

If it works i think you still need to hit play while the stream is on (and then leave it paused if need be) - otherwise you need to wait till it's posted on RTV that night.
Only "issue" with this method is on how much of a delay you watch.

Got caught in one of the semi-meaningless early cup games last season where I couldn't be bothered watching from the super early KO.
I started at about 80 mins in I think, rewound to start....and when the live show ended so did the stream.

Have a look here. Scroll down to post #40 by @Camy

Editing to say that the other thread is more for going back to the start while the game is still on, but you should still be able to 'rewind' it to the start using the scroll bar.

I might also set up the laptop to play it in the spare room, then get somebody in the house to click a couple of buttons at 12:15, play the RTV stream and click record on Bandicam. Capture the screen and audio to MP4. If that works, it will be a miracle. :))

Anyone else having difficulty casting from their phone, using the app?

Chromecast symbol appears, but when I attempt to cast, the video never appears on the tv but still plays on my phone.

Anyone know a work around?

Anyone else having difficulty casting from their phone, using the app?

Chromecast symbol appears, but when I attempt to cast, the video never appears on the tv but still plays on my phone.

Anyone know a work around?
Is this when using a VPN (I ask because your username suggests you may genuinely be overseas)?

If its when using a VPN then it won't work as it becomes two different networks. I don't cast but from what I've read on here one potential way around it is to screen mirror, effectively, and you can do that by casting an entire tab in Chrome using Goggle Home. In truth, the App is shite anyway and the website a much better experience in any case.

If you are genuinely overseas I'm stuck - but the same thing, casting a tab, should still work.

Is this when using a VPN (I ask because your username suggests you may genuinely be overseas)?

If its when using a VPN then it won't work as it becomes two different networks. I don't cast but from what I've read on here one potential way around it is to screen mirror, effectively, and you can do that by casting an entire tab in Chrome using Goggle Home. In truth, the App is shite anyway and the website a much better experience in any case.

If you are genuinely overseas I'm stuck - but the same thing, casting a tab, should still work.
Thanks for the answer.

Yes, genuinely overseas. It used to cast no bother, but went to watch the highlights of the QOTS game and that’s when it happened. Uninstalled and reinstalled but to no avail.

Thanks very much for your help, top man!

Thanks for the answer.

Yes, genuinely overseas. It used to cast no bother, but went to watch the highlights of the QOTS game and that’s when it happened. Uninstalled and reinstalled but to no avail.

Thanks very much for your help, top man!
Casting is akin to the dark arts for me mate. Never tried it and never been inclined to try it LOL.

Hopefully casting the tab thing works for you. Good Luck.

As per the OP today's game IS on RangersTV for overseas. Its the 3 Day Unlimited Package you want to buy. Do NOT login before clicking on the Subscribe button. The purchase process will take you through login.

EDIT: For the second game in a row I found that when I visited The Netherlands via NordVPN I was unable to get the overseas options on RangersTV - despite my browser 'seeing' me as overseas and despite clearing cache/cookies multiple times before trying again. A quick relocation to Belgium and all was well. Not sure if the issue is Nord's Netherland servers or RangersTV end. Bear this in mind if you encounter problems though.

Last edited:
As per the OP today's game IS on RangersTV for overseas. Its the 3 Day Unlimited Package you want to buy. Do NOT login before clicking on the Subscribe button. The purchase process will take you through login.

EDIT: For the second game in a row I found that when I visited The Netherlands via NordVPN I was unable to get the overseas options on RangersTV - despite my browser 'seeing' me as overseas and despite clearing cache/cookies multiple times before trying again. A quick relocation to Belgium and all was well. Not sure if the issue is Nord's Netherland servers or RangersTV end. Bear this in mind if you encounter problems though.
Thank you once again. Been going daft trying to get it bought.

Thank you once again. Been going daft trying to get it bought.
Today, The Netherlands worked for me. First time in three games. However, I am on a different device today. I'm convinced it's something to do with cookie retention. As you've discovered, if anyone encounters a problem its maybe best to try switching to a different location.

I’ve switched on VPN, paid the cash, but the games not showing, any advice?
Too late now. You probably simply needed to Refresh the browser after paying. Bear in mind also that it takes a wee while for your purchase to register and, if you bought immediately before the match, you’d probably need to wait 15 minutes or so, sometimes longer. Think it tells you that in the email confirming purchase.

When I stick the VPN on I usually use the game isn't popping up on the page it usually does, any ideas?
I'm the same. It might be a bit early, not sure. FWIW, I had to verify my acc with the check the box for traffic lights thing...never had that before.

When I stick the VPN on I usually use the game isn't popping up on the page it usually does, any ideas?
I'm the same. It might be a bit early, not sure. FWIW, I had to verify my acc with the check the box for traffic lights thing...never had that before.
Just made my usual trip to The Netherlands. Had a couple of issues logging in to RangersTV with the Captcha stuff but got there in the end.

Watch Live button isn't there yet. Usually somewhere between 45-60 minutes before kick-off so no panic yet.

Just made my usual trip to The Netherlands. Had a couple of issues logging in to RangersTV with the Captcha stuff but got there in the end.

Watch Live button isn't there yet. Usually somewhere between 45-60 minutes before kick-off so no panic yet.
The watch live button was there for me a second ago, now vanished. I could have swore I usually buy the game around 1 oclock for 3pm kick offs :D

Ok this is a weird one, went to go buy the game and instead of getting the match pass or 3 day unlimited, the watch live button was available and I can watch the stream. I double checked my account incase I've accidently subscribed for the month/year but according to it the 3 day pass from last week is still 'active'.

Ok this is a weird one, went to go buy the game and instead of getting the match pass or 3 day unlimited, the watch live button was available and I can watch. Checked my account incase I've accidently subscribed for the month/year but according to it the 3 day pass from last week is still 'active'.
Same. Went to get logged in and pay, to find the programme had started. Haven't touched anything incase it goes t!ts up, will leave it and see how it goes

Ok this is a weird one, went to go buy the game and instead of getting the match pass or 3 day unlimited, the watch live button was available and I can watch the stream. I double checked my account incase I've accidently subscribed for the month/year but according to it the 3 day pass from last week is still 'active'.
Fill yer boots. Hopefully doesn't cut out when the Preview Show from last night ends. I did notice when I visited the site earlier in the week that the Sheep game was listed and had a Watch Live button next to it. It didn't play for me, which was no surprise as I didn't have the VPN on and it was something like Thursday in any case ha ha. Maybe an indication they've been messing with the site this week though.

Fill yer boots. Hopefully doesn't cut out when the Preview Show from last night ends. I did notice when I visited the site earlier in the week that the Sheep game was listed and had a Watch Live button next to it. It didn't play for me, which was no surprise as I didn't have the VPN on and it was something like Thursday in any case ha ha. Maybe an indication they've been messing with the site this week though.
I wonder if they have done something as next to the 3 day pass it has a cancel button which I've never seen before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back