Archive Season 2022/23 - The Great Big Bumper Thread of RangersTV Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I subscribed again to RTV Unlimited and had hoped to watch Ross Co V Rangers tonight. Unable to log in to watch. My account shows as subscribed to RTV Unlimited

Was it actually live on RTV ?

When subscribed previously all Rangers fixtures were live on RTV, is that still the case ?

I subscribed again to RTV Unlimited and had hoped to watch Ross Co V Rangers tonight. Unable to log in to watch. My account shows as subscribed to RTV Unlimited

Was it actually live on RTV ?

When subscribed previously all Rangers fixtures were live on RTV, is that still the case ?
Yes, tonight’s game was shown. I watched it, as usual, via VPN. Stream was flawless. Did you subscribe just before the game? Sometimes takes a wee while (under an hour) to activate. Though I think, from memory, you may be overseas, so no VPN required for you if so.

For next week, the Motherwell game is available in UK so no VPN required.

You say unable to login to watch - but you were able to check your subscription showed? If you do use a VPN then maybe a switch to another location may have helped. Worth bearing in mind. I had a few games where The Netherlands wouldn’t work but back on track now.

Yes, tonight’s game was shown. I watched it, as usual, via VPN. Stream was flawless. Did you subscribe just before the game? Sometimes takes a wee while (under an hour) to activate. Though I think, from memory, you may be overseas, so no VPN required for you if so.

For next week, the Motherwell game is available in UK so no VPN required.

You say unable to login to watch - but you were able to check your subscription showed? If you do use a VPN then maybe a switch to another location may have helped. Worth bearing in mind. I had a few games where The Netherlands wouldn’t work but back on track now.
Thanks VB - I cancelled my sub earlier in the year because I have an illness which at that time prevented me from watching.
I have, at least to an extent, recovered from that and only tonight re subscribed to unlimited so perhaps it is, as you say, too soon to have been updated.
Hope it will be OK for Motherwell using my Nord VPN !

Thanks VB - I cancelled my sub earlier in the year because I have an illness which at that time prevented me from watching.
I have, at least to an extent, recovered from that and only tonight re subscribed to unlimited so perhaps it is, as you say, too soon to have been updated.
Hope it will be OK for Motherwell using my Nord VPN !
Once your sub has properly registered (and it sounds like it has if it’s showing in your account) you should be fine. A bit of perseverance and you might even have got their eventually tonight (though it was, in truth, crap).

As mentioned, you should be good to go next Wednesday and will NOT need to use NordVPN for that one as it will be available to UK viewers on RangersTV.

Good to hear your recovery is underway, hopefully that continues. No idea why I thought you were overseas - apologies on that one.

I've been corresponding with RTV support since the 18th December as RTV on both my laptop and mobile phone (using the RTV App) fails to load to my Chromecast device (any of three attached to three different TVs). All other apps I use (Netflix, Stan, Prime etc.) cast flawlessly from both laptop and phone. Each of the four replies (from two different support people) has asked questions for which the answers were supplied in detail in my original query (android version of phone, do other apps work etc.). As of today, I still don't have even a suggestion of something to try from them.

I don't know whether anyone else has covered this issue in the previous 38 pages of this thread? Any suggestions?

I've been corresponding with RTV support since the 18th December as RTV on both my laptop and mobile phone (using the RTV App) fails to load to my Chromecast device (any of three attached to three different TVs). All other apps I use (Netflix, Stan, Prime etc.) cast flawlessly from both laptop and phone. Each of the four replies (from two different support people) has asked questions for which the answers were supplied in detail in my original query (android version of phone, do other apps work etc.). As of today, I still don't have even a suggestion of something to try from them.

I don't know whether anyone else has covered this issue in the previous 38 pages of this thread? Any suggestions?
I tend to avoid the App like the plague in all honesty. Its crap. You could try casting a tab in Chrome, using the RangersTV website. See link below and make sure you are on the bit for Android. Its basically screen mirroring, so load up the RTV page on your screen then follow the instructions. Seems to work for most.

I’ve paid up but am still getting a buffering circle when I try to play. I’m using an iPad and mirroring to a tv. WiFi speed is around 100. Is this a function of too many people trying to log in?

I’ve paid up but am still getting a buffering circle when I try to play. I’m using an iPad and mirroring to a tv. WiFi speed is around 100. Is this a function of too many people trying to log in?
If you have an adblocker turn it off for now. Alternatively, try reloading. Remember, no VPN required tonight.

Removed the adblocker and now it’s working. I did also shut down safari and reloaded it. Thanks for the advice.
Don't forget to put your adblocker back on when you are done mate. Not sure if that's what fixed it for you or if it was the reload. I only found out that the adblocker 'trick' works from one of the admin on here a few weeks ago - new one on me but its worked for a few folk now.

I tend to avoid the App like the plague in all honesty. Its crap. You could try casting a tab in Chrome, using the RangersTV website. See link below and make sure you are on the bit for Android. Its basically screen mirroring, so load up the RTV page on your screen then follow the instructions. Seems to work for most.

Thanks VB. Have tried all that. Worked fine until the WC break but never since. I live in the diminishing hope that RTV support will provide a solution - which I will post here if it eventuates.
In the meantime, I watch on the laptop...

Thanks VB. Have tried all that. Worked fine until the WC break but never since. I live in the diminishing hope that RTV support will provide a solution - which I will post here if it eventuates.
In the meantime, I watch on the laptop...
Do update us if you get a solution from them. Surprised casting a tab in Google Chrome didn't work for you though. One more to chalk off the list of 'solutions' maybe.

Forgot how bad this is, nightshift tonight so first I have used this in awhile.
All the different sign in pages, so bought it on the main Rangers website page, spinning blue wheel, so managed to get it on RTV app.
Then it refuses to cast to my Apple TV or Sony tv, just there tried again now got it on my Apple TV, instead of a cuppa feet up enjoying, getting ready to launch the ipad :D

Forgot how bad this is, nightshift tonight so first I have used this in awhile.
All the different sign in pages, so bought it on the main Rangers website page, spinning blue wheel, so managed to get it on RTV app.
Then it refuses to cast to my Apple TV or Sony tv, just there tried again now got it on my Apple TV, instead of a cuppa feet up enjoying, getting ready to launch the ipad :D
Not sure what you mean by 'all the different sign in pages' mate. Only one place to go to buy the match and that's via the RangersTV website/webpage. Cannot buy via the App. Might be an idea to bookmark this page in you browser as this is where you will always find the games available to buy:

Casting is the dark arts to me. Can't help you on that one.

Not sure what you mean by 'all the different sign in pages' mate. Only one place to go to buy the match and that's via the RangersTV website/webpage. Cannot buy via the App. Might be an idea to bookmark this page in you browser as this is where you will always find the games available to buy:

Casting is the dark arts to me. Can't help you on that one.
VB got there in the end, bought it on the main one but blue spinning wheel for about 5 mins, went onto the app got it ok, IPAD for other things to cast is so easy Rangers tv is a dark art as you say.
Finally got it to go went into the shower before work, came back out and bloody Westlife is blaring out, after another 5 mins it kicked in, thank feck I go to most of the home games

Absolutely delighted to note that the full Unlimited RTV package can now be paid for monthly instead of a single annual fee. Not sure when they made this available, but have subscribed today. Going to save me a fortune, and I'll never have to listen to that pair of wanks on Sky again!

Have you ever been able to rewind RTV?
Fecks sake that was 3 weeks ago!!! What I mean't was, when the game streams, and you're not able to watch at the "Live Time", you can come to the stream and move the button at the bottom to go back to the earlier stuff.
FFs I'm nearly 70, so I'm not sure of the technical bits, but I was at meeting tonight and had to watch it delayed, and this is how I got it...hope this helps

Absolutely delighted to note that the full Unlimited RTV package can now be paid for monthly instead of a single annual fee. Not sure when they made this available, but have subscribed today. Going to save me a fortune, and I'll never have to listen to that pair of wanks on Sky again!
This should be a Sticky!!! IMHOB-D

Away in Spain and trying to buy the game. Can't seem to see the buy option anywhere on rtv. Any ideas @Valley Bluenose ?
You on a phone? If so, its probably 'hanging on' to the UK network. Turn off mobile data and connect to the local wifi if available. And remember you can only purchase via the website, not the App.

Here's where to buy - and its the 3 Day Unlimited you want, match isn't advertised as a stand-alone (all in the OP;)):

You on a phone? If so, its probably 'hanging on' to the UK network. Turn off mobile data and connect to the local wifi if available. And remember you can only purchase via the website, not the App.
No mate, I'm on the laptop connected to home WiFi. Still can't see anything

Just signed up for the 3 day package. If I for any reason fall asleep (1.30am kick off here) and miss the game, when does the full highlights become available?

Just signed up for the 3 day package. If I for any reason fall asleep (1.30am kick off here) and miss the game, when does the full highlights become available?
Supposed to be midnight UK time - and generally in very poor quality to start with.

However, I have found when 'overseas' that the live stream is often still available immediately after the game finishes and you can drag it back to the start of the coverage.

Anyone able to offer some RTV advice please...? Got an old 3rd gen Amazon Fire box, which is Android 5 by all accounts. The silk browser is laggy at times, crashes occasionally but more of a factor is the pretty poor picture quality (BT Sport app by comparison isn't perfect, but better). Got a Fire Cube 4k on the way - anyone confirm if this will be an improvement either with Silk or the sideloaded RTV app?

Thanks

Anyone able to offer some RTV advice please...? Got an old 3rd gen Amazon Fire box, which is Android 5 by all accounts. The silk browser is laggy at times, crashes occasionally but more of a factor is the pretty poor picture quality (BT Sport app by comparison isn't perfect, but better). Got a Fire Cube 4k on the way - anyone confirm if this will be an improvement either with Silk or the sideloaded RTV app?

Thanks
You’d imagine the upgraded software would see an improvement. Your Wi-Fi strength would be more important however.

As for sideloading the App, I know that these days you CANNOT sideloaded the App onto anything but the new Fire TV Stick 4K MAX. None of the other Fire TV Sticks will take it. No idea if there are such issues with the Fire Cube. Hopefully someone else can help.

Now got the Fire Cube 4k up and running. Silk with RTV (hightlights so far) is marginally better than before, but its hardly HD quality :(. I did manage to get the RTV app sideloaded and despite the login and navigation appearing too big and stretched (though it did look fine at one point last night) the actual highlights play at the correct size with full screen selected. Again, its not HD quality (maybe my TV is something to do with it).

If I hang on till about 7.30pm to purchase Kilmarnock v Rangers will I get the St Johnstone Scottish Cup tie as well?
PS I am a miserable miserly old git :).

If I hang on till about 7.30pm to purchase Kilmarnock v Rangers will I get the St Johnstone Scottish Cup tie as well?
PS I am a miserable miserly old git :).
I've had it confirmed from RangersTV in the past that the 3 Day Unlimited Pass runs for 72 hours from time of purchase. So that thinking would appear to be a well thought out move on your part.

Its Rangers though, so expect the unexpected. That's close to kick-off time tonight so it might not register your purchase on time for example. Worth a try though.

Black picture here… first time ever. Have audio but I’ve never had a picture issue before.

Edit:
Pulling the plug on the TV fixed it. This Dutch television’s browser must have been playing up.

Last edited:
Trying to buy tonights match on RTV but there doesn't seem to be an option to purchase the game, only to subscribe to RangersTV Monthly.
I've not logged into my account as suggested in your OP and I'm using a VPN from Netherlands.
Any suggestions?

Trying to buy tonights match on RTV but there doesn't seem to be an option to purchase the game, only to subscribe to RangersTV Monthly.
I've not logged into my account as suggested in your OP and I'm using a VPN from Netherlands.
Any suggestions?
3 Day Unlimited package is what you want mate. Gets you the game and 3 days access to the other stuff. If you're not seeing it move to another country on your VPN.

As you say, do NOT login until you are buying.

The ‘watch live’ option isn’t up yet. Any idea when it will?
I’m trying to get it on my phone for the first time as I’m not at home. I’m full subscription, on the browser, not the app and with VPN on.

Currently in Germany but not getting the option on RTV to subscribe to the 3 day package just the standard package

Anyone know how to fix this

Currently in Germany but not getting the option on RTV to subscribe to the 3 day package just the standard package

Anyone know how to fix this
In Germany - or on a VPN? If on a VPN try switching to The Netherlands or Belgium. Be sure to NOT login before trying to buy, the purchase process will take you through login.

If you are really in Germany then, if on a mobile device, switch off mobile data and connect via wifi. Might also need to clear cache/cookies if your device is 'hanging on' to the UK connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back