Archive Season 2022/23 - The Great Big Bumper Thread of RangersTV Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm the opposite, bought the match and getting no option to watch live.
You do seem to encounter fairly frequent problems for some reason mate. Bizarre given you are genuinely overseas. I'm sure you've tried in any case but the usual clear cache/cookies and try again might help.

When did you buy the match by the way? I know the standard email after you buy does say there might be a delay before your purchase registers.

I see the ‘watch. Live’ button, but when I click on it I get a black screen with rotating blue dots. I’ve tried going back to homepage and navigating to the match again and still have same issue. Anyone else ?

Edit…. 4th or 5th time lucky. Went back to homepage and made my way back to Watch Live and it is playing now.

I see the ‘watch. Live’ button, but when I click on it I get a black screen with rotating blue dots. I’ve tried going back to homepage and navigating to the match again and still have same issue. Anyone else ?
All fine here in, theoretically, The Netherlands. As per earlier, try the old clear cache/cookies and try again whilst you still. have time before KO.

I'm assuming those having issues are actually watching RangersTV and not viewing it via some dodgy, doctored Fire TV Stick?

I'm having my first problems of the season. Same as other posters. Genuinely overseas.
Edit: Working on Edge (but not Chrome) - weird given they are both Chromium

You do seem to encounter fairly frequent problems for some reason mate. Bizarre given you are genuinely overseas. I'm sure you've tried in any case but the usual clear cache/cookies and try again might help.

When did you buy the match by the way? I know the standard email after you buy does say there might be a delay before your purchase registers.

Seems to not work via refreshing the page but instead by clicking on the my profile/account menu it opens the player instead of opening the account menu tab. No idea why but that kick starts the player for me.

Rangers v Hearts on Wednesday 9th November is a PPV game within the UK as they were advertising it today and is already available to purchase

Under the new deal agreed clubs allowed to stream 5 homes per season once Sky Sports have made their choice and is not available for Saturday 3pm games

Rangers v Hearts on Wednesday 9th November is a PPV game within the UK as they were advertising it today and is already available to purchase

Under the new deal agreed clubs allowed to stream 5 homes per season once Sky Sports have made their choice and is not available for Saturday 3pm games
Cheers @rangeral - I hadn't noticed that one.

For those uncertain, this is available on PPV within the UK - so no VPN required. Will update the OP with the necessary info after the St Johnstone game at the weekend (which does require a VPN).

This question may have been asked but i can never find my chromecast from my ipad or iPhone (works on all other streaming services) when using rangers TV. I have a monthly subscription and use a VPN

any ideas why i cant cast ?

Last edited:
This question may have been asked but i can never find my chromecast from my ipad or iPhone (works on all other streaming services) when using rangers TV. I have a monthly subscription and use a VPN

Don’t use either but the issue may be that both need to be on the same network. As soon as you fire up the VPN they are not on the same network as I understand it. Check it out by casting some RTV content that doesn’t require a VPN (any video) and see if it works then.

On Android devices, I think the way around it is to screen mirror by casting an entire tab using Google Home. Can’t do that any more with iOS devices.

See relevant tab in this link:

I think @Valley Bluenose is right about the VPN causing it.

One fix for it is to set up a second network that’s permanently on the VPN. Then connect both devices to that network. A cheap travel router like this one can be connected to most VPN services:

Fairly extreme solution mind you, unless there are other services beyond RTV that you want to use a VPN for.

Anyone else ever had the message “no KS where KS is required. We’re sorry access to this content is restricted.”

Only happens odd time with me on random videos, every other video works.

Anyone else ever had the message “no KS where KS is required. We’re sorry access to this content is restricted.”

Only happens odd time with me on random videos, every other video works.
Not something that’s come up before. A quick Google throws up a very short thread on Reddit suggesting it may be related to DuckDuckGo browser in some instances? No idea if that could be the issue though.

Total spoiled brat issues but I hate that on the app the video starts again when you tilt phone and go full screen & also that it doesn’t auto-fill your login details.

Also annoys me (and I know I can manually fix this) that I still have separate logins/passwords for RTV, tickets etc. I’m sure Robertson spoke about a single-sign-on system at one point.

Total spoiled brat issues but I hate that on the app the video starts again when you tilt phone and go full screen & also that it doesn’t auto-fill your login details.

Also annoys me (and I know I can manually fix this) that I still have separate logins/passwords for RTV, tickets etc. I’m sure Robertson spoke about a single-sign-on system at one point.
Another one is I still can’t cast from the iPhone app to Google Chromecast - ever since they ‘updated’ the app (must be over a year ago now) it removed that functionality.

I've paid for the game but getting sorry this content is only available in certain countries. Tried logging out and clearing my cookies etc. Logging using a vpn to Belgium and changed it to France still no joy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back