Official The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s take it from when Beale was first here with Gerrard 3/4m Goldson 7m Kent Aribo Ejaria Defoe Bassey McLaughlin Lundstram Andy firth Jon Flanagan Worrell Andy King Edmundson Ojo Balogun Jack Simpson Diallo Bacuna Ofoborh Lawrence Ben Davies.

The majority of our players are from that league or played down there could Add Roofe to that.

Nobody will tell me that’s the market we should be in just look above and shudder at some of those

So we haven't to sign players if they have *ever* played in England?

You could compile a list just as long of players signed from places other than England.

Btw, you list has 5 players in it that went to a European Final and 6 league winners. I'm not sure it makes the point you think it does.

If we are to compete in the champions league 7 million for a player is peanuts. We cant relay only on Bosmans.
You telling me these guys aren’t good enough for us because they are out of contract - Messi, Ramos, Tielemans, Rabio, Zaha, Gundogan, Asensio, Firmino, Kante, Kroos, Keita?:)):))

All we should be interested in is whether a player is good enough to play for Rangers. Their contract situation, and therefore the fee, is not a reliable guide. Are Kent and Morelos really worth nothing? Of course not but they move for free because they’ve chosen to run down their contracts.

You telling me these guys aren’t good enough for us because they are out of contract - Messi, Ramos, Tielemans, Rabio, Zaha, Gundogan, Asensio, Firmino, Kante, Kroos, Keita?:)):))

All we should be interested in is whether a player is good enough to play for Rangers. Their contract situation, and therefore the fee, is not a reliable guide. Are Kent and Morelos really worth nothing? Of course not but they move for free because they’ve chosen to run down their contracts.
You'd think with our record sale literally 12 months ago coming from a Bosman signing that people would learn to think before they say anything.

You do know the transfer window isn't opening till the 14th of June? And won't be closed till the end of August? So there is plenty of time For Tillman to sign, I don't think we're gonna sign him anyway
There will be a date where the option for us expires though. I think it will be later in the summer however.

Brighton had established a really good defensive unit and CB partnership in Duffy and Dunk whilst Goldson had been out and clearly didn't want to disrupt that. Goldson's opportunities would have been limited and he was understandably keen to get back playing regularly which worked to our advantage. That doesn't mean Goldson is a poor player.

Zinchenko couldn't get a game at City because right footed Cancelo fitted the system better at the time. Zinchenko's opportunities were therefore limited. Zinchenko leaves gets regular game time and now looks the better left back.

That's football.
I’ve not said Goldson is a poor player, I’ve said he’s not the best CH in the SPFL and I’ve said I don’t see him as an excellent CH by Rangers standards. Never did I say he was poor,

We're undoubtedly strongest in the attacking midfield area with Cantwell, Lawrence, Dowell, Hagi and Lowry. I'd expect any formation/setup to strongly incorporate them as we can't change the whole squad in 1 window.

I think we'll flirt between a 4-2-3-1 and a sort of 3-4-2-1/3-4-1-2 this season. This ties in with that Beale says when he talks about Hybrid players that can move between positions in systems. Tav and Ridvan for example can easily push on from full back and play as wide midfielders.

Dowell, Sterling and Butland are done. I'd expect 5 more. A first choice left sided CB (probably Trusty), another CM (probably Cifuentes), cover for LB/LWB, a goalscoring LW who can also operate in a front 2 (a better Sakala basically) and then I think we'll drop serious cash on a Striker, a proper game changer.

That's my prediction based on nobody else leaving outside the ones we expect; Kamara, Davies, Barisic, Wright etc.

Could change if we get tempting offers for Colak or Hagi, this would provide funds but would also maybe allow Beale to bring in a different player that allows another tweak to the system.
We absolutely need a scoring RW option and a second striker too. No way would I be relying on the perennially injured Roofe, and debatable whether Colak is the right man for the job in Beale’s system. Sakala will do a job in the squad but we should be aiming for higher than do a job.

There will be a date where the option for us expires though. I think it will be later in the summer however.
“I’ve spoken to Michael Beale already and he said, ‘Just take your time. It’s your decision’. That’s what I’m going to do,” Tillman said.

“The option is until the beginning of June or something so I still have three or four weeks to decide. I’m going to take my time because obviously it’s a big decision for me.

This was a quote from Tillman.

You only back players you consider 'excellent'?

What a weird way to support a team.
What a weird way to digest what I said, so backing your team means you say each of them are the best in their positions within the SPFL….now that’s a weird way to support your team!! Zero objectivity, zero reflection of what is around you and what the differences are…..I bet you believe in medals and trophies for participating :rolleyes: B-D

If we are to compete in the champions league 7 million for a player is peanuts. We cant relay only on Bosmans.
I totally agree with you. However:
1. I don’t rate what I’ve seen of Wright in footage to pay £7m for him specifically.
2. Forget about being properly competitive in the Champions League. That’s not our level (yet). Avoid embarrassment and get third and a run in the EL is where we should be at.

So we haven't to sign players if they have *ever* played in England?

You could compile a list just as long of players signed from places other than England.

Btw, you list has 5 players in it that went to a European Final and 6 league winners. I'm not sure it makes the point you think it does.
All I’m saying is don’t primarily concentrate on that market there is better bang for our buck out with that market do a little of both would be perfect

See Lowry looks to have bypassed the summer holiday this year and is in the gym with some PT (of perhaps he is baking it into his holiday). Also noticed that he put up a post saying how disappointed he was last season. Maybe this is the kick up the arse he needs.

Would be delighted if he managed to make his way into the team this year and potentially save us a few quid this summer and make us a few quid in the long run. We will see!

Was John Greig an excellent captain, when celtic were doing 9 in a row and gubbing Rangers 3 times in a month at Ibrox?

Rangers won zero leagues, 2 Scottish Cups and 1 League Cup in 10 years, during that spell of Greg's captaincy.

Nobody would argue Greig wasn't a great Rangers captain and he was voted the Greatest Ever Ranger.

Your argument doesn't stack up.
I was born mid 70s so the Greig I recall slightly is that of a manager, not a player. I wouldn’t say Greig is the greatest ever Rangers player either for me that is Brian Laudrup.

If you think Goldson is an excellent Rangers CH then I’m not trying to force you to change your view, my view though is entirely different.

**it was a Semi Final, at least try and get events right and go to the effort of remembering them.

You know Barry Ferguson played when Hibs beat us 3-0 at Ibrox in the Scottish Cup right?

So on the premise of your logic by “allowing” that to happen Barry Ferguson, wasn’t an excellent Rangers player.

You know John Greig had a terrible trophy haul over periods of years

So by your premise wasn’t an excellent Rangers player….two people most would have in their greatest Rangers 11 actually aren’t even, what? good Rangers players? under your criteria of judgement…

“Ahh but you can’t compare those players” I’m not I’m using your measure of judgment.

“Aye but I’m not saying that” no because it looks daft when pointed out how flawed it is.

some people fair end up like a dog chasing their tail on here at times.

Whatever transfer activity we commit to this summer at CB, the defenders life’s we bring in will be made a lot easier by playing next to Goldson, as Benitiez said, these are “facts” not opinions.
Your definition of facts are your beliefs!! Continue to believe in those beliefs, I am happy in y my beliefs that he is not the best CH in the SPFL….2 trophies out of 20 opportunities during his tenure are the undeniable facts!!

We absolutely need a scoring RW option and a second striker too. No way would I be relying on the perennially injured Roofe, and debatable whether Colak is the right man for the job in Beale’s system. Sakala will do a job in the squad but we should be aiming for higher than do a job.
Nah I don't agree. Colak was doing fine before he had to deal with persistent niggling injuries. He was scoring plenty and that was in a GVB team that was on the slide. He'll be fine in the SPFL, those games were not an issue last season and he scored regularly when fully fit.

People are basing their 'wants' on traditional formations but that's not how Beale plays. We'll still have 5 new first team starters which is a big change but we can't flip the whole squad.

We're undoubtedly strongest at AM with Cantwell, Lawrence, Dowell, Hagi and maybe Lowry. The set up will be to get the best out of that talent - pick your best players.

Maybe over 2-3 years Beale will build a squad to suit his dream formation but it's not getting done in 1 window and we need to play to our strengths.

Kent & Morelos were worth what clubs were willing to pay for them and on their form in the last 2 seasons that was nothing. That is why we were stuck with them.

See Lowry looks to have bypassed the summer holiday this year and is in the gym with some PT (of perhaps he is baking it into his holiday). Also noticed that he put up a post saying how disappointed he was last season. Maybe this is the kick up the arse he needs.

Would be delighted if he managed to make his way into the team this year and potentially save us a few quid this summer and make us a few quid in the long run. We will see!

It’s in his hands.

Most talented kid through our academy since Ferguson & previously Durrant.

Let’s hope he matures quickly.

Have to disagree with that one I'm afraid, Vickers is the best centre half and I hope he goes this summer.

Helander when fit would have a say in that.
We conceded less than ten goals less than the scum this season and Goldson missed a fair chunk of it, definitely more than Vickers.
Have you considered European performances?
Goldson missed most of the hammerings we got.
I’ve never been Goldson’s biggest fan but I wouldn’t swap him for Vickers.

Yeah he's on holiday but seems to be making use of the facilities out there. He'll need to fight for any minutes he gets next season which he must be aware of by now. Hopefully he can have an impact.

I'd be surprised if there were lots of professional opinions coming from Ligue 2 saying Maja isn't good enough considered he was named in Ligue 2 team of the season last week.

20230530_083322.jpg

There were plenty of opinions on half of the players in the Europe League team of the season 12 months ago to be fair :D

It’s fast approaching an end of an incredible era!! Add in Iniesta as well.
Ridiculous talent!
Had all those fantastic players in a squad that was untouchable probably the best club side I have ever seen , that includes the Ajax & Bayern of the 70's , Liverpool of the 80's & the Great Ac Milan teams , yet Barcelona still had to bribe the refs & pay off the opposition teams just sums Barcelona up rotten to the core should be kicked out of European competition's & thrown down to the regional league's in Spain & work there way back up , to many bad apples in world football now , Barcelona, Juventus, Chelsea with owning over 200 youth players who will never see the Bridge but loan them out every season for vast sums , Man City with the City group attached to all sort of clubs including the filth , the filth well we all know what their guilty of , elite clubs no thanks I will stick with the Rangers .

This is FollowFollow. If it’s not Haaland we are linked to you will have posts saying whoever is named ‘isn’t good enough’. Mind you, some on here would have Haaland dubbed a ‘donkey’.:rolleyes:
If they've been injured once or twice in the past year it's another injury prone dud and we'll never win another game of football ever again either. I don't know how some people get out of bed.

It’s in his hands.

Most talented kid through our academy since Ferguson & previously Durrant.

Let’s hope he matures quickly.
The issue with Lowry is not talent but attitude. He believed all the hype given to him by others. Hopefully he now realises the only way to make an impact as a first team player at Rangers is through hard work and dedication.

Olunga is a weird one. I get the impression it might be an agent story. If true, as a third option of three strikers for us, would be a reasonable shout.

The issue with Lowry is not talent but attitude. He believed all the hype given to him by others. Hopefully he now realises the only way to make an impact as a first team player at Rangers is through hard work and dedication.

Tbf to the lad. Hes had an horrendous year off the pitch. With injuries and obviously what happened to his mother. It would be a bigger surprise if that didnt have an impact on him.

With regards to the 'kick up the arse he needs' point...

Folk were spreading rumours that his attitude was poor and berating him for not going on loan in January, when in reality the young lad was dealing with his mum having a terminal illness. I'm sure you are aware his mum has now sadly passed?

I'm surprised that folk still believe the bad attitude or billy big time nonsense you read here and twitter.

For what it's worth, I do feel he needs a loan next season to kick on and gain some regular gametime, as it'll be even harder for him to get that with us next season, now that Beale is bringing his own players in.

Nah I don't agree. Colak was doing fine before he had to deal with persistent niggling injuries. He was scoring plenty and that was in a GVB team that was on the slide. He'll be fine in the SPFL, those games were not an issue last season and he scored regularly when fully fit.

People are basing their 'wants' on traditional formations but that's not how Beale plays. We'll still have 5 new first team starters which is a big change but we can't flip the whole squad.

We're undoubtedly strongest at AM with Cantwell, Lawrence, Dowell, Hagi and maybe Lowry. The set up will be to get the best out of that talent - pick your best players.

Maybe over 2-3 years Beale will build a squad to suit his dream formation but it's not getting done in 1 window and we need to play to our strengths.
I personally see no rush to get rid of Colak, but we can’t place any reliance at all on Roofe. We definitely need two strikers.

Folk were spreading rumours that his attitude was poor and berating him for not going on loan in January, when in reality the young lad was dealing with his mum having a terminal illness. I'm sure you are aware his mum has now sadly passed?

I'm surprised that folk still believe the bad attitude or billy big time nonsense you read here and twitter.

For what it's worth, I do feel he needs a loan next season to kick on and gain some regular gametime, as it'll be even harder for him to get that with us next season, now that Beale is bringing his own players in.
His attitude was a disgrace walking about the training centre being a arrogant and horrible to the others. Flashing bags of money the lot.

His mum passing wouldn’t have helped the lad either but this was before him mum passed.

His attitude was a disgrace walking about the training centre being a arrogant and horrible to the others. Flashing bags of money the lot.

His mum passing wouldn’t have helped the lad either but this was before him mum passed.
You obviously sound as if you've heard about this first hand. I'm not calling anyone a liar, but having bags of money in his possession at the training centre in the first place, sounds mega unrealistic in this day and age.

You obviously sound as if you've heard about this first hand. I'm not calling anyone a liar, but having bags of money in his possession at the training centre in the first place, sounds mega unrealistic in this day and age.
It's a myth up there with the *pick any footballer here* burning £20/£50 notes in the face of a bouncer/barman/Joe public.

I never read anything about his attitude with regards to being arrogant and don't pay much attention to gossip, but the current and previous manager both made comments about his application that fans are reasonable to make inferences from. It's just a reality that he will have to put in a lot of effort and show a positive attitude to get minutes. He's undoubtedly had a challenging season, whether through personal loss or repeated injuries - but there are other factors that have kept him out the team when he has been available for selection. I think we all hope he can change that this season.

Good the footage from his holiday last year wasn’t a good look. Thankfully during the World Cup he took Ryan Jacks offer to go and work out in Dubai.

Hopefully after his poor choices, poor season and the sad passing he suffered, he can really kick on and show his potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back