Official The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 goals 1 assist in 25 games last season
Was a bit stop start last season signed with Forrest loaned to olympiakos cos they have the same owner and then ended up at Blackpool. The season before he had slightly better stats but not as good as I thought. He is a very good player tho.

Almost every linked player is from down south again not the best bang for our buck even frees will command huge wages.

I really hope Beale and the club are looking about as value is there and I dare say more hungry players than say a Maja who is you watched that Sunderland documentary shouldn’t be on our radar he not what we need character wise.

Almost every linked player is from down south again not the best bang for our buck even frees will command huge wages.

I really hope Beale and the club are looking about as value is there and I dare say more hungry players than say a Maja who is you watched that Sunderland documentary shouldn’t be on our radar he not what we need character wise.
The last few years players from down south HAVE been our best bang for our buck. We spend most of our bigger fees on players from abroad.

The only way we are getting rid of Roofe is to pay him off. No club will take him while still under contract with us given he plays 1 game every 3 months.

I'd be surprised if there were lots of professional opinions coming from Ligue 2 saying Maja isn't good enough considered he was named in Ligue 2 team of the season last week.

20230530_083322.jpg
Aye but but Wikipedia stats…

True. Except for Maja, Cifuentes, Hagi Wright, Luis Palma, a few Greeks and no doubt more.

Still only won one league trophy and moved two on for money.

My idea of value is different to yours mate
That is down to poor scouting, not because players down south aren't value for money.

Our two player sales last summer cost nothing and raked in over £30m if add ons happen. We probably won't see £30m from Itten, Helander, Roofe, Matondo, Sakala, Grezda, Barisic and Hagi combined despite them costing almost £20m all in.

I'd understand your point if all our overseas signings worked and our lack of trophies was purely down to English based signings, but it's absolute nonsense. Our success rate needs to be higher abroad as well.

I know zero about Maja outwith Defoe speaking well of him previously. But if he's of the standard required, then a free/low fee would be an excellent deal.

Seems to me that we're looking to go into next season with three strikers - Colak and a Bosman/low fee as cover and a main man coming in for a sizeable fee. Whether that's any of the many names we've seen mentioned we'll have to wait and see.
Looks like that unless some team offer decent money for Colak?

️ “It’s not easy with a family away from home. Kemar has got a young family that were originally based in England. They are here now and they are here for their dad to play football." Beale on Roofe, not going anywhere it would seem

Of all striker s mentioned Tasos Douvikas or Piroe sounds best option for main striker.
as suppose it comes to what the fee would be be
?
7 million probably for Striker in Holland and over 10 million for Piroe

️ “It’s not easy with a family away from home. Kemar has got a young family that were originally based in England. They are here now and they are here for their dad to play football." Beale on Roofe, not going anywhere it would seem
When did he sign and when did his family come to WoS ? Was that MB speaking this week ?

True. Except for Maja, Cifuentes, Hagi Wright, Luis Palma, a few Greeks and no doubt more.
I really like the couple we’ve got in so far, but this next batch there (those names) we’re linked to not so much.

If I’m picking a positive from that (and those names are genuine) it’s good we’re looking across a range of markets.

Think we would get our money back for Colak. I like him but I think he will want regular game time next season and his style of play doesn't really suit coming off the bench.

Came off the bench and scored the other week but I see your point.

I think we’ll sell him and bring in two strikers to add to Roofe.

The biggest difference between us and them last season was making and taking chances.

If you gave us a glaring chance it was 50/50 whether we actually scored or not

If you gave them half a chance, the ball was in the back of the net

A striker is our number one priority, even if the majority of the budget goes on it.

The rest of the team is adequate enough, but I accept some areas can still be improved
100%

But I would also say that we leaked goals and gave away far too many scoring chances...especially from positions of control with our own mistakes or lack of focus with the ball in our own half.

This is a myth. It’s a nonsense. Over the last three years we’ve spent circa three times as much in transfer fees on signings from non-English clubs than we have from English clubs (circa £21m versus circa £7m). Do you genuinely think we‘ve had three times the value? Even double the value? Not for me we haven’t.

What matters is not who or where you sign a player from. All that matters is whether he has the ability to play for Rangers.

Last edited:
Obviously we haven't been scoring enough goals over a couple of years and that needs addressed, but the goals we have conceded in that time have been beyond horrendous

With that in mind I feel that imminent recruitment of a younger, high quality keeper wil make a huge difference to us moving forward - i can't wait

Came off the bench and scored the other week but I see your point.

I think we’ll sell him and bring in two strikers to add to Roofe.
I think he is a great finisher but he just doesn't suit Beale's system. 14 goals under Gio, 4 under Beale although out injured for a few months.

I would say if we are potentially going with a diamond next season we need probably 3 new forward players at a minimum.

Obviously we haven't been scoring enough goals over a couple of years and that needs addressed, but the goals we have conceded in that time have been beyond horrendous

With that in mind I feel that imminent recruitment of a younger, high quality keeper wil make a huge difference to us moving forward - i can't wait
Tbh mate I think we scored 92/93 goals this season

That’s a fair return

It’s the sloppy goals we concede that cost us - Tavernier, McGregor and Barisic being the usual suspects with errors

Cut that out and we’re there imo

He is only aiming on one week holiday , said it himself , that to me isn’t right he is in a majorly demanding job and I would say he needs to get a proper break. Is there a winter break next season ?
It kind of makes sense,since the transfer window doesn’t open until the middle of June. So ideal time to have a break and I think he’ll have wheels turning anyway.

This Haji Wright linked in the tabloids - didn't impress in a tough WC group for USA, but anyone else have any insight into him? Has the physique to do well - 6ft 4 - but we've been stung by that before... omar sidiq, ostenstad etc etc

So of all the strikers we have been 'linked' to. Who do we all reckon ranks best?
This is FollowFollow. If it’s not Haaland we are linked to you will have posts saying whoever is named ‘isn’t good enough’. Mind you, some on here would have Haaland dubbed a ‘donkey’.:rolleyes:

We're undoubtedly strongest in the attacking midfield area with Cantwell, Lawrence, Dowell, Hagi and Lowry. I'd expect any formation/setup to strongly incorporate them as we can't change the whole squad in 1 window.

I think we'll flirt between a 4-2-3-1 and a sort of 3-4-2-1/3-4-1-2 this season. This ties in with that Beale says when he talks about Hybrid players that can move between positions in systems. Tav and Ridvan for example can easily push on from full back and play as wide midfielders.

Dowell, Sterling and Butland are done. I'd expect 5 more. A first choice left sided CB (probably Trusty), another CM (probably Cifuentes), cover for LB/LWB, a goalscoring LW who can also operate in a front 2 (a better Sakala basically) and then I think we'll drop serious cash on a Striker, a proper game changer.

That's my prediction based on nobody else leaving outside the ones we expect; Kamara, Davies, Barisic, Wright etc.

Could change if we get tempting offers for Colak or Hagi, this would provide funds but would also maybe allow Beale to bring in a different player that allows another tweak to the system.

So of all the strikers we have been 'linked' to. Who do we all reckon ranks best?
I'd say Douvikas, only because I've actually seen him play a handful of times unlike some of the other names mentioned. Before this season, I'd have said he had everything in his locker apart from a clinical side to his game, he was more like a playmaking striker (similar to Lammers actually), but this season he has absolutely got more lethal in front of goal. Piroe is a good player too, sadly I can't see us affording either though.

Last edited:
Come on lads.......
Where are the ITK mob when you need them.
Lazy day ......out in the sun. Logging in to FF to get a we Saturday boost b4 supercaleygoballistic

Come on lads.......
Where are the ITK mob when you need them.
Lazy day ......out in the sun. Logging in to FF to get a we Saturday boost b4 supercaleygoballistic

They’ve all pretty much been abused into silence. Not worth putting anything out.

Guessing Tillman won’t be signing ? Haven’t heard anymore about him.

The clause has a while before it expires and he’s recently said that Beale told him to take his time.

This is a myth. It’s a nonsense. Over the last three years we’ve spent circa three times as much in transfer fees on signings from non-English clubs than we have from English clubs (circa £21m versus circa £7m). Do you genuinely think we‘ve had three times the value? Even double the value? Not for me we haven’t.

What matters is not who or where you sign a player from. All that matters is whether he has the ability to play for Rangers.
Let’s take it from when Beale was first here with Gerrard 3/4m Goldson 7m Kent Aribo Ejaria Defoe Bassey McLaughlin Lundstram Andy firth Jon Flanagan Worrell Andy King Edmundson Ojo Balogun Jack Simpson Diallo Bacuna Ofoborh Lawrence Ben Davies.

The majority of our players are from that league or played down there could Add Roofe to that.

Nobody will tell me that’s the market we should be in just look above and shudder at some of those

This is FollowFollow. If it’s not Haaland we are linked to you will have posts saying whoever is named ‘isn’t good enough’. Mind you, some on here would have Haaland dubbed a ‘donkey’.:rolleyes:
Absolutely. We had a thread recently with people saying Harry Kane wasn’t all that and one mentalist describing him as “the biggest illusion in Football “, so yes, no matter who Beale signs there will be rumblings of discontent from some as they just can’t help themselves!

I personally like waiting to see how they actually perform for us first before getting angry.

It looks almost certain that Butland will be our McGregor replacement, so that leaves a main striker replacement as our biggest target now

Let’s take it from when Beale was first here with Gerrard 3/4m Goldson 7m Kent Aribo Ejaria Defoe Bassey McLaughlin Lundstram Andy firth Jon Flanagan Worrell Andy King Edmundson Ojo Balogun Jack Simpson Diallo Bacuna Ofoborh Lawrence Ben Davies.

The majority of our players are from that league or played down there could Add Roofe to that.

Nobody will tell me that’s the market we should be in just look above and shudder at some of those
You could pick any random date as your cut-off and make an argument to suit whatever angle you were taking. I think you have been disingenuous in choosing your date. I chose three years as, by then, the major surgery needed after the years in the lower Leagues had largely been addressed and our squad was in a far better place.

You think we’d be looking at players of the level of Firth, Edmundson, Ojo at this stage? The situation then and now is not comparable. Of those you list I’d argue that most of the first 8 served their purpose as it happens. The others, by and large, are from when our club was in a different place - and most of them didn’t cost a transfer fee.

Three years, 21 players from English clubs and 21 from non-English clubs, three times as much spent in fees for players from non-English clubs. It’s clear to me that we get far better value from England.

Guessing Tillman won’t be signing ? Haven’t heard anymore about him.
You do know the transfer window isn't opening till the 14th of June? And won't be closed till the end of August? So there is plenty of time For Tillman to sign, I don't think we're gonna sign him anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back