Tottenham after Postecoglou

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you would give up our 2003 treble to do what they did? Lose a final to Porto?
Thar was the question, nothing about having a crack....they lost.
You must have really loved the last few seasons

If Manchester 08 and Seville 22 had never happened, and I was offered an appearance in Dublin next May or a treble, I'd pick Dublin every time. The fact we've reached two finals in my life changes that though- I'd pick the treble as we haven't won enough recently.

Winning the Europa would trump everything we have ever done. I'd happily never see a treble for the rest of my life to see us win that.

I'd give up any domestic trophy we've won for a crack at a European trophy. The 2003 treble too. I guess most would given we've won over 100 domestic trophies and, embarrassingly, only 1 European trophy.
Aye what a great idea give up all our honours for another Seville wtf

He very well may be but his bookie odds mean nothing.
They don’t mean nothing.

They aren’t just reflective of betting patterns, despite the common misconception.

These big betting firms have contacts that are ITK and relationships with clubs. If nobody bet anything, there would still be a favourite and outsiders.

They don’t mean nothing.

They aren’t just reflective of betting patterns, despite the common misconception.

These big betting firms have contacts that are ITK and relationships with clubs. If nobody bet anything, there would still be a favourite and outsiders.

So you think senior officials at clubs brief senior officials at bookmakers? To what end?

So you think senior officials at clubs brief senior officials at bookmakers? To what end?
Nobody said senior officials, but there will be relationships with contacts at the clubs, just the same as there are leaks to papers, podcasts, websites and news channels.

Why do you think we’re here talking about this now? Because it’s been leaked. It doesn’t have to be a ‘senior official’ to get the story out that they want to.

They don’t mean nothing.

With something like next manager betting the bookmakers odds will generally just follow the market on Betfair. There’s not enough business on these markets to spend too much time on.

The only time big money is staked is when someone somewhere knows something.

Let’s get sensible guys.

Winning a European trophy trumps all.

Getting to a final doesn’t.

That applied equally in 2003 and 2022

You look at the difference winning last year would've made to us.

Another £7.75m in prize money from winning it + Super Cup participation

Straight into group stage and top seeds.

Allows us to plan our summer accordingly instead of wating to see what tournament we end up in

The run to Seville was amazing but ultimately we walked away empty handed and didn't kick on from it.

A bit like the run in 1993 really.

Not really though was it. :shh:

It really was - it was clearly a joke.

And I was making a friendly wee joke pointing it out too, so what’s with this :shh: pish?

Did your mammy not put enough sun cream on you today or something?

Place seems to have gone radio rental tonight with angry weans who have been out in the sun too long and are overtired.

It really was - it was clearly a joke.

And I was making a friendly wee joke pointing it out too, so what’s with this :shh: pish?

Did your mammy not put enough sun cream on you today or something?

Place seems to have gone radio rental tonight with angry weans who have been out in the sun too long and are overtired.

I'm not the one typing so much in reply. I suggest a can of juice and a wee sit down.

They don’t mean nothing.

He may very well go to them but they do mean nothing and that has been proven time and time again with these markets

It's totally unbelievable that you can't understand what I said to you.
I understand perfectly. I think the comments spring from the comment (not from you) which started this debate, that the Tims would give up all of their recent trophies to have lost in the EL Final.
Utterly deluded but you did sort of back it up hence the comments aimed at you.

All of FFs bams in one thread.

Tremendous.

You look completely normal and not a bam in your avatar picture honest.

You do realise you are now included as you have posted in said thread.

giphy.gif

You look at the difference winning last year would've made to us.

Another £7.75m in prize money from winning it + Super Cup participation

Straight into group stage and top seeds.

Allows us to plan our summer accordingly instead of wating to see what tournament we end up in

The run to Seville was amazing but ultimately we walked away empty handed and didn't kick on from it.

A bit like the run in 1993 really.

The run, though, provided a publicity and a rise in interest that doesn't occur with a domestic title. Of course, winning it would have meant so much more but for the Club (both on-and-off the field) it gave us a lot.

I understand perfectly. I think the comments spring from the comment (not from you) which started this debate, that the Tims would give up all of their recent trophies to have lost in the EL Final.
Utterly deluded but you did sort of back it up hence the comments aimed at you.
I don't think you do. Not once did I say I'd rather lose a final than win the league. I'd rather win a European trophy over any domestic one we've ever won. It's fairly simple and not even close to being a controversial opinion.

If Manchester 08 and Seville 22 had never happened, and I was offered an appearance in Dublin next May or a treble, I'd pick Dublin every time. The fact we've reached two finals in my life changes that though- I'd pick the treble as we haven't won enough recently.

Winning the Europa would trump everything we have ever done. I'd happily never see a treble for the rest of my life to see us win that.
Really....for the rest of your life? You must be old

Wow, that McGowan article.

A Lawwell backed hit job on not only their current manager still in post but also digs at Rodgers whilst weirdly begging for him back at the end.

That’s Lawwell telling their fans it’ll be someone of his choosing.

They are clearly raging at the very top of that club
Or he’s tells Spurs to bolt and gets mega money from them

A Lawwell backed hit job on not only their current manager still in post but also digs at Rodgers whilst weirdly begging for him back at the end.

Has the article been posted anywhere on here, mate?

I’ve scrolled back a few pages and can’t see it and the link is behind a pay wall.

Was Lawwell involved in the recruitment of Postecoglu or had he gone by that point?

He may very well go to them but they do mean nothing and that has been proven time and time again with these markets
There are hundreds of examples of managers being odds on to get jobs and actually getting them, against the classic Roy Keane to Celtic and Robin Van Persie to Rangers examples always trotted out to try and prove they’re BS.

The mentally challengeds are cracking up at it especially as McGowan is ex-Celtic view.

I don't think you do. Not once did I say I'd rather lose a final than win the league. I'd rather win a European trophy over any domestic one we've ever won. It's fairly simple and not even close to being a controversial opinion.
This debate started with a poster saying that it's preferable to lose a Europa than win the treble.
That poster wasn't you.
You did appear to back him in the ensuing debate, hence the comments (not only from me)
I now know you don't back that insane viewpoint, so let's be pals and I can carry on getting pished

This debate started with a poster saying that it's preferable to lose a Europa than win the treble.
That poster wasn't you.
You did appear to back him in the ensuing debate, hence the comments (not only from me)
I now know you don't back that insane viewpoint, so let's be pals and I can carry on getting pished
Don't let me stop you getting pished mate, wire in :D

86 pages and thousands of comments on this must mean it’s likely, either that or we are becoming as obsessed as the bheasts from the east. Fwiw I’d be happy to see the back of him and this media love in with the gravy guzzling jaba

I hope thistle go at them from the off tomorrow,and the tramps give skippy pelters for the whole game,i reckon a few will turn on him,they cant help themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back