Tottenham after Postecoglou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, that McGowan article.

A Lawwell backed hit job on not only their current manager still in post but also digs at Rodgers whilst weirdly begging for him back at the end.

That’s Lawwell telling their fans it’ll be someone of his choosing.

They are clearly raging at the very top of that club

Can you C&P the article?

McGowan was/is the Lawwell media go to man. That article is strange to basically go open season on Postecoglu the night before game.

They know he’s away and have spat the dummy openly in the media via this.

Apologies - should have scrolled down

When the first wave of EPL sackings come in the autumn Rodgers will probably be first pick.

Not sure what he's got to gain from going back to Celtic? We'll be reinvigorated and better next season I'm sure of it, it's not the Rangers of Kiernan and Forrester he'd be facing - if he comes back and fails where does he go then?

You never know in football but it just wouldn't make much sense in terms of career choice for him.
It makes perfect sense cos its a big job, i very much doubt managers spend forever worrying about what might happen years down the line or everyone elses view of scottish football or their decisions.

He could back there and be successful, get their fans back onside, maybe even get some better results in europe, and get another EPL job if its so important.... if BR has just been bagged by a relegated club and ends up at the piggery my guess is he might well be pretty pleased with himself and how things have worked out.

You look completely normal and not a bam in your avatar picture honest.

You do realise you are now included as you have posted in said thread.

giphy.gif
Ok Cheryl

It makes perfect sense cos its a big job, i very much doubt managers spend forever worrying about what might happen years down the line or everyone elses view of scottish football or their decisions.

He could back there and be successful, get their fans back onside, maybe even get some better results in europe, and get another EPL job if its so important.... if BR has just been bagged by a relegated club and ends up at the piggery my guess is he might well be pretty pleased with himself and how things have worked out.

Rodgers has another two years to run of his contract to be paid at an alleged £10m a year.

Is he really turning that down to go back to Parkhead for £3m a year ?

Reckon be Rogers with Scott Brown.
The players they have the now, allot of them are very specific to Ange. I won't make an arse of myself and say they won't do well under a new manager but their current set up was very specifically designed for him. No sure the Japanese ones for example will have as much an impact under someone else, but we'll see. I'd rather take the chance of him leaving and see how they fare without him though

Rodgers has another two years to run of his contract to be paid at an alleged £10m a year.

If Leicester were to sack him he wouldn't get all that money at once. Or ever. He'd get something but usually when a manager is sacked these days some sort of meet in the middle agreement is made or he'd get what he's owed in installments. If he thinks he's getting sacked or has been told so by Leicester it could still work in his favour to make an agreement with them and then sign with the Tim's. It's all more complexed than people think mate.

If Leicester were to sack him he wouldn't get all that money at once. Or ever. He'd get something but usually when a manager is sacked these days some sort of meet in the middle agreement is made or he'd get what he's owed in installments. If he thinks he's getting sacked or has been told so by Leicester it could still work in his favour to make an agreement with them and then sign with the Tim's. It's all more complexed than people think mate.

He was sacked by Leicester a couple of months ago. He’ll be getting his salary for the duration of his contract unless he takes another job at which point he would need to come to an agreement with Leicester.

That would explain the comments about “now not being the right time”

If those comments are true

Struggling to get past ‘they know how to put on a show under the disco lights’ in that McGowan article.

How long will they continue to peddle this outright lie?

They have circus acts and fire leprechauns out of cannons during the half time break. Maybe that's what he's on about?

Try here

"Spurned directors will already be thumbing through the latest up-and-coming coach catalogue from the City Football Group. If nothing catches their eye, they might even be tempted to turn to David Moyes or a Steve Clarke or a John Kennedy. "

How did that bit of truth get into the article of hilarious fantasist nonsense and revisionist history?

Moyes isn't going to them, he's rejected the job several times before when it would have been the easiest job in the UK. Clarke might, but he's untouchable at the SFA after Scotland's Glorious and Incredible 0-0 Victory over England.

Then we get to Big John Knows. Already starting to prepare them for it.

McGowan was/is the Lawwell media go to man. That article is strange to basically go open season on Postecoglu the night before game.

They know he’s away and have spat the dummy openly in the media via this.
That’s my take on it too.
Rodgers was up for the semi final and he does nothing if it doesn’t benefit Rodgers.
Still be surprised if he came back considering he left as he felt he’d taken them as far as he could.

Struggling to get past ‘they know how to put on a show under the disco lights’ in that McGowan article.

How long will they continue to peddle this outright lie?
Tbf they do put on a show… just not one for their fans :))

If they are turning on him already can you imagine how toxic their fans would be in the unlikely event of a poor result in the cup final tomorrow. I hope they have those crash barriers and good windows on the team coach at hand for when they attack their own team again.

"Spurned directors will already be thumbing through the latest up-and-coming coach catalogue from the City Football Group. If nothing catches their eye, they might even be tempted to turn to David Moyes or a Steve Clarke or a John Kennedy. "

How did that bit of truth get into the article of hilarious fantasist nonsense and revisionist history?

Moyes isn't going to them, he's rejected the job several times before when it would have been the easiest job in the UK. Clarke might, but he's untouchable at the SFA after Scotland's Glorious and Incredible 0-0 Victory over England.

Then we get to Big John Knows. Already starting to prepare them for it.

The bravest man in football is going to get the job at some point - it’s been in the pipeline for years.

He is 100% the anointed one at Celtic.

It’s mental the standing he has there.

I used to work with his uncle years ago, and he spoke about him in scarily reverential terms.

His entire family’s lives revolved around grooming him :)eek:) to captain Celtic one day.

It was weird as %^*&.

The bravest man in football is going to get the job at some point - it’s been in the pipeline for years.

He is 100% the anointed one at Celtic.

It’s mental the standing he has there.

I used to work with his uncle years ago, and he spoke about him in scarily reverential terms.

His entire family’s lives revolved around grooming him :)eek:) to captain Celtic one day.

It was weird as %^*&.
I agree, but I also don't understand it at all.

Personally, I think anyone stupid enough to throw themselves into a petty revenge hack for no reason and ending their own career as a direct result shouldn't be running a bath, let alone a football club.

This reads like a drunk dial to an ex that cheated on you and left with the dog you both called your baby
“Now a leggy North London widow is hitching a skirt in his direction and, after a glance at the bank balance, Postecoglou has the sniff of perfume in his nostrils.”

I don’t think I’ve ever actually read an article he’s written until now. This is the first and the last. It is *such* an odd read - a leggy north London widow?! WTF, that’s just weird.

Exactly, this idea that a manager who gets sacked 1 year into a 4 year deal gets paid in full the other 3 is bananas, these clubs are as frugal as it comes despite bit outlays for players, there will be performance, results, table position markers all built in, i wouldn’t even go as far as meet in the middle I would probably say 60/40 in the clubs favour.

Only on FF could people believe you get the sack for being shite at your job (either at the start,middle
Or end) and still think your getting 10 million a year to sit in the house for the remainder of that contract, absolute loonballs on here sometimes haha

Only on FF could people believe you get the sack for being shite at your job (either at the start,middle
Or end) and still think your getting 10 million a year to sit in the house for the remainder of that contract, absolute loonballs on here sometimes haha
Didn't that happen with Dyche? Might be wrong.

couple of belters from the tramps forum,shit coming to a head over there i think:

Someone’s taken this info and added that Ange and agent have been patching Desmond and stuck in on WhatsApp - at least we know part of the message is real.

Yup i got the whatsapp today aswell saying that its Ange & his agent thats pushing to leave. Whatsapp’s are generally mental so i dont get too swayed

I really wouldnt like them getting Francesco Farioli. He's not on the bookies list and i hope it stays that way, he was supposedly in the running for our job before Beale took over, he's out of work after leaving Alanyaspor in February. Young up and coming coach who plays ultra attacking football.

I'd love it if Kennedy or Lego muncher got the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back