Tottenham after Postecoglou

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’ll obvs take the job if offered but I’m not quite so sure the offer will come.

Even if Levy holds talks he could still turn to a previously interviewed candidate like Enrique or curveball everyone and announce someone else. Seems the sort to do things his way rather than what’s expected.

i choose to believe it B-)

They lie just as easily as they breathe.

The bizarre thing is, they can't just lie about one thing at time though. They've got to invent a 100 different other utterly ridiculous lies and add it into the mix to try to add credibility to what they're proclaiming. It's mental.

None of those things even require a managers approval or sign off either. Other than perhaps confirming transfer budgets but that would have been ironed out months ago. But no manager managing up here is going to knock back or complain about that alleged budget anyway. Total fantasist nonsense. All the other stuff is stuff you'd expect the sporting director to sign off on.

He’ll obvs take the job if offered but I’m not quite so sure the offer will come.

Even if Levy holds talks he could still turn to a previously interviewed candidate like Enrique or curveball everyone and announce someone else. Seems the sort to do things his way rather than what’s expected.

There is no way the media, Sky, TalkSport, the Spurs media and anyone else would be running with these stories if Levy and Ange hadn't already held talks.

It's much further down the line than that. The only thing missing is the job offer in writing which will be done early next week face to face.

If it was Enrique then it would have been done by now, he isn't attached to a club. They have had a few months to interview managers without a club and need a manager in asap.

There is no way the media, Sky, TalkSport, the Spurs media and anyone else would be running with these stories if Levy and Ange hadn't already held talks.

If it was Enrique then it would have been done by now, he isn't attached to a club. They have had a few months to interview managers without a club and need a manager in asap.
“Lads, it’s Tottenham”

One way of playing, too stubborn to adopt a different approach. Don’t think he’s tactically strong at all. Mentally he’s inches away from blowing a gasket. The media attention down there will be fun to watch after a few bad results.

He’s got the players in Scotland to make it work. The biggest budget against weak opposition. Some laugh when he tries to implement that at Tottenham. All out attack at the Eithad or Anfield, keep on running, stop passing the ball back.

Even more of a shit show if he turns to players like O’Riley, Hatate, Furuhashi - which I’m sure he won’t as they will be found out in the English Premiership, just like in Europe.

So he’s off, he’ll last a year tops and then he’ll scurry back to some Asian or Middle Eastern club.

I’d like to have seen Beale being given the chance to have a crack at him with a full side and a pre season behind him. Let’s see who comes next - whomever it is, there’s is nothing we can do about it apart from focus on our team and priorities.

After reading that McGowan article just reminds me how fickle they are in turning on folk they idolised
Its now the equivalent of your partner cheating on you and all trust is lost
Don't think it will be long until some of them are saying this has cost them next years CL

Rodgers has another two years to run of his contract to be paid at an alleged £10m a year.

Is he really turning that down to go back to Parkhead for £3m a year ?
Was he not still collecting 100k a week from liverpool while at the beggers? A thot this happend alot other managers still at clubs while being paid by an ex club. Alan pardew springs to mind had a 7 year deal at newcastle

Agree with some of the statements

My Celtic pal just cant believe this is happening.... I will be laughing next week when this goes through. Let the meltdown commence....

Was he not still collecting 100k a week from liverpool while at the beggers? A thot this happend alot other managers still at clubs while being paid by an ex club. Alan pardew springs to mind had a 7 year deal at newcastle
It stops as soon as they accept a new job.

It’s very rare that it even happens for longer than a couple of months as there are break clauses in contracts.

And that’s even before you look at tax impracticalities.

I really wouldnt like them getting Francesco Farioli. He's not on the bookies list and i hope it stays that way, he was supposedly in the running for our job before Beale took over, he's out of work after leaving Alanyaspor in February. Young up and coming coach who plays ultra attacking football.

I'd love it if Kennedy or Lego muncher got the job.
Marti Cifuentes from Hammerby will be another.

Their head of scouting operations Jay Lefevre worked under Sven Mislintat (the man credited with the revival of dortmund) at Arsenal. He’s also ex Brighton so has a data background.

For that reason alone, I’m not seeing it being anything other than a young,attacking manager. They are a champions league club (like it or not, they have guaranteed CL football). Teams like that don’t appoint a Kennedy or a Brown.

There are hundreds of examples of managers being odds on to get jobs and actually getting them, against the classic Roy Keane to Celtic and Robin Van Persie to Rangers examples always trotted out to try and prove they’re BS.
Anyone who follows that market knows it's a clusterfuck.

The reason he is now favourite is because of ptess reports

Only on FF could people believe you get the sack for being shite at your job (either at the start,middle
Or end) and still think your getting 10 million a year to sit in the house for the remainder of that contract, absolute loonballs on here sometimes haha

That is literally what happens in every situation in which a manager is sacked. Do you not remember it happening with McCoist?

You can’t sack someone and then not pay them the value of their contract. Clubs just continue to pay their wages in the hope another Club wants them and at that point they can come to an agreement. Rodgers will be sitting at home earning close to a million a month and will do so until his contract expires or he comes to an agreement with Leicester which will only really happen if he wants to work elsewhere.

See when you come out calling folk loonballs and insinuating they’re stupid for believing something that actually is correct and infact you are the one who is wrong it must be very embarrassing.

Admin,

Chop this thread its starting to get embarrasing.
Who gives a %^*& where the Celtic manager is going.

giphy.gif

Only on FF could people believe you get the sack for being shite at your job (either at the start,middle
Or end) and still think your getting 10 million a year to sit in the house for the remainder of that contract, absolute loonballs on here sometimes haha
If you think a club can just sack someone and that immediately ends the contract, then what do you think the point is of a contract? Loonballs right enough.

After reading that McGowan article just reminds me how fickle they are in turning on folk they idolised
Its now the equivalent of your partner cheating on you and all trust is lost
Don't think it will be long until some of them are saying this has cost them next years CL
Craig Bellamy said it years ago - "they think they own you"

Shettleston troglodyte tramp lassie in work said to me yesterday if Rangers win the league next season it’s because Flange left not through merit.

Not even a sphere kicked in anger yet and it’s already being dubbed the “Ange wiznae ther” title.

Delicious :cool:

Not to go all Kevin Keegan but I’d love it if Inverness could do something today.
That fat wank leaves Monday morning and their summer spoiled.

The record number of trebles is something they are desperate for. They want all our records (despite the fact they don’t matter currently…..apparently).

Not to go all Kevin Keegan but I’d love it if Inverness could do something today.
That fat wank leaves Monday morning and their summer spoiled.

The record number of trebles is something they are desperate for. They want all our records (despite the fact they don’t matter currently…..apparently).

If Caley pulled off the unthinkable today (I know I know)…surely Spurs quickly walk away (if they’re genuinely interested in the first place)

Quite hard to sell that appointment to the support, a manager who’s just presided over probably the biggest cup final shock ever

One way of playing, too stubborn to adopt a different approach. Don’t think he’s tactically strong at all. Mentally he’s inches away from blowing a gasket. The media attention down there will be fun to watch after a few bad results.

He’s got the players in Scotland to make it work. The biggest budget against weak opposition. Some laugh when he tries to implement that at Tottenham. All out attack at the Eithad or Anfield, keep on running, stop passing the ball back.

Even more of a shit show if he turns to players like O’Riley, Hatate, Furuhashi - which I’m sure he won’t as they will be found out in the English Premiership, just like in Europe.

I suspect the only player he would consider taking with him is Hatate. I think he can go up a level or two.

The rest - no chance!!

If Caley pulled off the unthinkable today (I know I know)…surely Spurs quickly walk away (if they’re genuinely interested in the first place)

Quite hard to sell that appointment to the support, a manager who’s just presided over probably the biggest cup final shock ever
I would have thought it would be a prerequisite for spurs?

I don’t think one result changes anyone’s mind in appointing a manager.
Beale had gone 4/5 games without a win before we appointed him (because it the noise around him leaving).

Shettleston troglodyte tramp lassie in work said to me yesterday if Rangers win the league next season it’s because Flange left not through merit.

Not even a sphere kicked in anger yet and it’s already being dubbed the “Ange wiznae ther” title.

Delicious :cool:
By the same token, he only won it because Stevie G left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back