Tottenham after Postecoglou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Annoyingly, in fact very annoyingly, they have already guaranteed Group Stage Champions League football so its very unlikely they will go down the cheap manager option of a Brown or Kennedy.

The whole thing stinks of Tårrier propaganda.

He’ll sign a new deal on Monday and it’ll be full for weeks of how ‘He said no to the Yiddos’
See when the rumours first surfaced, you could argue it was.
Then you had set reputable journalists down south reporting it, then, by all accounts, ITK Spurs accounts on social media reporting it. Then you have what is nothing short of a scattergun hatchet job on him and other managers by Lawell’s mouthpiece in the paper today. It’s more than just noise.
And despite many saying it’s “unstaunch” etc for the thread on it to be this big, it’s absolutely relevant to us. The same as what we do is absolutely relevant to them. It disrupts everything they’ve planned for in pre season etc and leaves them with the prospect of players there who were signed specifically by that manager for his system.

He’ll sign a new deal on Monday and it’ll be full for weeks of how ‘He said no to the Yiddos’
That wouldn't surprise me,but if he stays good,we caught glimpses of what the real him is like at the beginning of his celtic career, it's all well and good when your winning things,how you handle defeat says alot about somebody's character.

It did, but if we had done our job properly pre winter break, he would have been back in Oz for Xmas.

Oh 100% it’s on us not winning that title.

That they would use every nefarious tactic in the book to benefit their chances is simply a given these days.

Shettleston troglodyte tramp lassie in work said to me yesterday if Rangers win the league next season it’s because Flange left not through merit.

Not even a sphere kicked in anger yet and it’s already being dubbed the “Ange wiznae ther” title.

Delicious :cool:
Baffles me how these nut jobs hit out with pish like this, yet not one of them can admit they’ve only won everything they have in the last 11 years because of 2012.

They argue back, “aYe bUt wE wOn Aw OoR TrEbuLs Wi YoU bAcK iN tHu toP fLiGhT”.

They fail to realise we started over from nothing, barely had a team to field. They are the recipients of good fortune due to the impact of 2012 on us. They achieved nothing, they overcame zero challenges; the challenge was removed as an obstacle and returned weaker than we had been at any point in our history.

And they call our 55th title the Covid cup despite being handed a 9th title in a row via Zoom. Couldn’t mark their necks with a f**king blowtorch.

We should've buried him and his team by November. Gerrard and the team should be embarrassed by how much they let him off the hook.

Those six points dropped at home to Mothewell, Aberdeen and Hearts were criminal.

By the time we went to Parkhead you could actully see the tide turning. The weekend before we lost stupid injury time goal at Dingwall and they scored an injury time winner at Parkhead v Dundee United. What should've been a 4 point lead minimum now meant that losing to them would see them top.

Every single one of us said on here before that match they'd come out the traps and go for us from minute one. And we froze.
That Saturday where we lost three stupid goals in Dingwall was the day all the momentum shifted.as you said every single rangers fan knew what would be coming our way at the piggery,we all said it stay
in the game until there energy levels drop.instead we folded like a pack of cards and the game was don’t after 30 mins.

We were architects of our own downfall in most cases. The Fat Man, however, has been an unmitigated failure in Europe. No Rangers Manager successful on the domestic trophy front would be given the same free pass by the media on that issue as he has.

Also true.

I saw one report describing their champions league group as “tough” this week.

I mean you couldn’t have handpicked better than Leipzig from pot 2 and Shakhtar from pot 3 but there you to

It did, but if we had done our job properly pre winter break, he would have been back in Oz for Xmas.
Absolutely.

You could argue his career in Scotland swung on a couple of minutes in October 2021. They were already out of the CL and on their way out of the EL and got a very late winner at Aberdeen in early October. That kept them six points behind us instead of eight. A couple of weeks later at Ibrox, a 90th minute McGregor howler at home to Hearts and the difference was a point, all be it we had a game in hand. After that the writing was on the wall. Fine margins.

Annoyingly, in fact very annoyingly, they have already guaranteed Group Stage Champions League football so its very unlikely they will go down the cheap manager option of a Brown or Kennedy.

They'll push the boat out as much as possible I'd wager. No danger are they taking a risk against a Rangers team that has a manager who knows what he's doing domestically.

Their support would go apeshit if they settled for Brown or Kennedy.

I don't think they'll land a Rodgers or Favre but it wouldn't shock me if they got someone like Marsch.

Levy is really going to do this.
Spurs seem to be a club stuck in no mans land. The’ve done nothing in decades save for one Mickey Mouse trophy except build a new stadium to do nothing in. Much better managers than Ange have wasted some of their time there.

I think Levy is effectively accepting that they are no longer a top 4 club and is taking the biggest punt in his tenure at Spurs.

That being said, I think it's a crazy punt. Hopefully it blows up in his face and Kane stays and runs down his contact.

That Saturday where we lost three stupid goals in Dingwall was the day all the momentum shifted.as you said every single rangers fan knew what would be coming our way at the piggery,we all said it stay
in the game until there energy levels drop.instead we folded like a pack of cards and the game was don’t after 30 mins.

Kidding ourselves on we did alright the second half because they had blown their load by 50 minutes.

Last edited:

Why would the entire English media, the world’s most respected transfer guru and all the spurs fan media play along with this ‘propaganda’? Genuinely, why would they?

He may end up deciding he doesn’t want it but the idea that he isn’t their top target is ludicrous

Baffles me how these nut jobs hit out with pish like this, yet not one of them can admit they’ve only won everything they have in the last 11 years because of 2012.

They fail to realise we started over from nothing, barely had a team to field. They are the recipients of good fortune due to the impact of 2012 on us. They achieved nothing, they overcame zero challenges; the challenge was removed as an obstacle and returned weaker than we had been at any point in our history.

And they call our 55th title the Covid cup despite being handed a 9th title in a row via Zoom. Couldn’t mark their necks with a f**king blowtorch.
Bang on mate.

The most delusional, hypocritical & ironic bunch of wankers you’ll ever meet.

It’s their Kafflick upbringing for me.
A sordid & sinister religion that brainwashes their subjects for life.

I couldn’t give a fück if Fat Angela stays or goes. All I care about is us and beating whatever is in front of us.

They'll push the boat out as much as possible I'd wager. No danger are they taking a risk against a Rangers team that has a manager who knows what he's doing domestically.

Their support would go apeshit if they settled for Brown or Kennedy.

I don't think they'll land a Rodgers or Favre but it wouldn't shock me if they got someone like Marsch.
Marsch would be fucking unbearable up here.

Also true.

I saw one report describing their champions league group as “tough” this week.

I mean you couldn’t have handpicked better than Leipzig from pot 2 and Shakhtar from pot 3 but there you to

Throughout my life, the minute that any Rangers Manager wins a League title, he gets told by the media its what he does in Europe that counts, not what he achieves in Scotland. That hasn't occurred with the Aussie.

Why would the entire English media, the world’s most respected transfer guru and all the spurs fan media play along with this ‘propaganda’? Genuinely, why would they?

He may end up deciding he doesn’t want it but the idea that he isn’t their top target is ludicrous
I’d imagine with a few meetings already under their belt, it’s more or less done.

Whilst clearly there is substance to the rumours the “he may decide he doesn’t want it” made me laugh.

He’d walk down there himself.

Far more likely that Tottenham would have cold feet or go for someone else than Postecoglou thinking ‘actually I’m gonna stay in Scotland’

Are people still clutching to this?

He could sign a new deal today and give the whole club a boost before their cup final.

Why not do that?

He’s off.

Some move for him to be fair.

Would have liked him to be around for a full season with Beale up against him but that’s life. It will cause them a lot of bother with him going now. All their plans for this summer up in the air and a squad full of his players used to playing his way.

Some chance for us to capitalise, the same as they did when Gerrard left us.

Kidding ourselves on we did alright the second half because they had blown their load by 50 minutes.
all that second half did was prove what we were all saying pre match was right.even going into the last 30 mins if we were just one down we had a chance to get something out of the game.

Reactions: SDF
Smells to me of desperation by Levy.

The high press, high intensity game is en vogue at the moment but Ange has one massive issue if he does go down there. He appears to only have one style of play.

The surprise element is gone in what he has done with the dhims. Teams with much greater resources and talent will pick his team apart (as the European results kind of prove). His greater resources down there might help but personally I reckon it's another car crash from Levy

No one with a brain surely thinks they will appoint Scott Brown or John Kennedy.

Throughout my life, the minute that any Rangers Manager wins a League title, he gets told by the media its what he does in Europe that counts, not what he achieves in Scotland. That hasn't occurred with the Aussie.

Rodgers got the same free pass aswell of course.

They were so obsessed with “the 10” he was getting no scrutiny when they were losing in the qualifiers to the likes of AEK Athens

Smells to me of desperation by Levy.

The high press, high intensity game is in vogue at the moment but Ange has one massive issue if he does go down there. He only has one style of play.

The surprise element is gone in what he has done with the dhims. Teams with much greater resources and talent will pick his team apart (as the European results kind of prove).
100% mate,.they are gonna be absolute cannon fodder

Let’s hope the rangers board put the pressure on by giving Beale what he needs to have a right good go at the league and champions league qualification. Early signs are definitely promising

I think Clarke is on record as hating the old firm goldfish bowl so I cant see him taking the celtic job. He is doing well for Scotland so as a side note, I hope he doesnt take it.
I hope he does get it if gravy guts leaves.

Daily press conferences with scrapes all over his face and press not reporting on his stumbling about steaming in Shawlands.

Would make Lennon seem like a monk, it would be utterly fantastic watching him implode.

Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.
Same with mentally challengeds! ;)

And how did he get on early doors ?

They lost their entry round CL qualifier to Midtylland and lost their first 3 away games in league. They were wanting him gone in September/October

Frankly that latter fact alone should have had us putting the league to bed early doors that year
He won a league an cup double. I'd bite your hand off for that the now. So it was hardly a disaster for them. But yes isn't an ideal start an shows how badly we messed it up.

Shettleston troglodyte tramp lassie in work said to me yesterday if Rangers win the league next season it’s because Flange left not through merit.

Not even a sphere kicked in anger yet and it’s already being dubbed the “Ange wiznae ther” title.

Delicious :cool:
Not a hint of irony about their 8in a row?

Is Jermain Defoe not a coach or something with Tottenham? I wonder how that’ll work out?

really?it was confirmed he was leaving even then,i thought it just escalated in the last 2 or 3 days

no wonder hes dingying celtics calls lol
Whether or not she’s been in London house hunting that whole time, I don’t know. But she’s not been about since last weekend

Kennedy is a strange one. Is he just the indefinite assistant manager no matter who comes in? What if a preferred candidate has his own assistant?

I wouldn't completely write it off that he gets it. He'll be seen as the continuity man, easier to sell off the back of success and it could also be argued that the Asian players are already familiar with him so minimal risk there.

Regardless, it's untold disruption for them which is always beneficial for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back