Tottenham after Postecoglou

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have thought it would be a prerequisite for spurs?

I don’t think one result changes anyone’s mind in appointing a manager.
Beale had gone 4/5 games without a win before we appointed him (because it the noise around him leaving).

I don’t really think it’s comparable. Nobody really cares if QPR don’t win a few games.

Were Celtic to lose this cup final - it would be pretty huge globally. I don’t think Spurs can then turn round next week and say this is our guy

Only on FF could people believe you get the sack for being shite at your job (either at the start,middle
Or end) and still think your getting 10 million a year to sit in the house for the remainder of that contract, absolute loonballs on here sometimes haha
That's exactly what happens bud.

Shettleston troglodyte tramp lassie in work said to me yesterday if Rangers win the league next season it’s because Flange left not through merit.

Not even a sphere kicked in anger yet and it’s already being dubbed the “Ange wiznae ther” title.

Delicious :cool:

Are we due the last two since SG left then?

I don’t really think it’s comparable. Nobody really cares if QPR don’t win a few games.

Were Celtic to lose this cup final - it would be pretty huge globally. I don’t think Spurs can then turn round next week and say this is our guy
Don’t see it changing anything, if he is going to be offered the job. Could easily be spun as the players knew he was leaving and upset their preparation for the game etc. them losing today and him being named as the new Spurs manager would be an amazing start to the close season. Would keep the comedy value right up until some new signings are announced

Debatable for sure. I would agree, had they not already won the league at a canter (despite the late points drop) and won the league cup. Trebles are meant to be difficult and rare, sadly they haven’t been for them recently.

I hope he gets the job down there, anything that unsettles them and gives us an advantage, I’m all over.

One way of playing, too stubborn to adopt a different approach. Don’t think he’s tactically strong at all. Mentally he’s inches away from blowing a gasket. The media attention down there will be fun to watch after a few bad results.

He’s got the players in Scotland to make it work. The biggest budget against weak opposition. Some laugh when he tries to implement that at Tottenham. All out attack at the Eithad or Anfield, keep on running, stop passing the ball back.

Even more of a shit show if he turns to players like O’Riley, Hatate, Furuhashi - which I’m sure he won’t as they will be found out in the English Premiership, just like in Europe.
You might well be right i dont care if he does fail but all i would say is this sort of stuff looks very similar to the earlier arrogant sky sports shite about how he has no chance of being anywhere near the job as no one goes from Scotland to a good job in that league.

If you look at the league table down there at the end of every season a lot of the smaller clubs seems to do pretty well, Brentford, Brighton, Fulham, i once said on here i thought Newcastle could do well with an English coach(ive always liked their support as they are quite loyal) and was told it would take them 10 years to get anywhere near top 6.

I dont follow the league closely but id say the idea that he couldnt sign one or two players from Celtic(or even from Ibrox) that do well down there is the most outrageous part of the post.

Debatable for sure. I would agree, had they not already won the league at a canter (despite the late points drop) and won the league cup. Trebles are meant to be difficult and rare, sadly they haven’t been for them recently.

I hope he gets the job down there, anything that unsettles them and gives us an advantage, I’m all over.

Oh I agree I hope he goes aswell.

I dont really care much for this modern “I wanted Rodgers/Postegoclou to stay so we could beat them” etc mindset

We have to take any advantage we can get - managerial upheaval there would certainly be that

I dont really care much for this modern “I wanted Rodgers/Postegoclou to stay so we could beat them” etc mindset

We have to take any advantage we can get - managerial upheaval there would certainly be that
I don’t care what Celtic team we beat as long as we beat them.
We aren’t really in a position to pick and choose. Just win some titles and restore things to how they are meant to be.

That's exactly what's happened the last two seasons with us changing managers midway through both times.
Not one %^*& given by them, they've lorded that and winning the league over us so some payback would be nice.

Not necessarily. He was appointed late on after Howe gave them run around. But not ideal.

And how did he get on early doors ?

They lost their entry round CL qualifier to Midtylland and lost their first 3 away games in league. They were wanting him gone in September/October

Frankly that latter fact alone should have had us putting the league to bed early doors that year

Totally agree. I can understand people wanting to see him under pressure and how he reacts and showing he’s not as good as it’s made out, but we have a massive rebuilding job for the start of the season. It could mean it takes a few games/ weeks for us to get into our stride and if they continue next season like they have done where they don’t drop many points, we could be a few points behind early in the season. That would put us under pressure not them. So a new manager for them evens this out where both teams are starting the season adapting to the new systems.

It’s a complete Lawwell led hit job on their current manager and previous ones

There's a line in there about them probably replacing him with an up and coming coach from the city group.
Is this an admission that they are unofficially tapping into CFG?
I suspect they are using their player database for recruitment through Mark Lawell and his links.

They've flirted with Martinez a few times. Can't see him giving up the Portugal job to join them.

Hopefully it's Brown. I'll love it.

They lost their entry round CL qualifier to Midtylland and lost their first 3 away games in league. They were wanting him gone in September/October

Frankly that latter fact alone should have had us putting the league to bed early doors that year

Had we not conceded late equalisers against hearts and motherwell he would have been away before Xmas. We absolutely fucked it, and then Gerrard left. I said at the time that was league gone despite us having a lead.

I believe they only took something like 7 points out their first 18 points. It was their worst start in something like 50 years and we utterly blew it.

Postecoglou’s hero status among the green hoards would collapse in that scenario.

But doubt that a single poor result would affect Spurs interest. Although I’m still baffled as to why they would be interested in a manager with no significant experience in the UK and European player markets in the first place.

Loonballs? I was just getting used to calling Rangers supporters nuggets.
Although, based on reports in the papers I should be calling fellow fans 19th Century Terrorist b@stards.
It seems to be the acceptable term.

Postecoglou’s hero status among the green hoards would collapse in that scenario.

But doubt that a single poor result would affect Spurs interest. Although I’m still baffled as to why they would be interested in a manager with no significant experience in the UK and European player markets in the first place.

Yes it seems like a massive gamble on Spurs part. Until about 2 days ago I was steadfastly refusing to believe it.

I suppose the other side of the coin is they’ve already tried the big names like Conte and Mourinho to no avail

The bravest man in football is going to get the job at some point - it’s been in the pipeline for years.

He is 100% the anointed one at Celtic.

It’s mental the standing he has there.

I used to work with his uncle years ago, and he spoke about him in scarily reverential terms.

His entire family’s lives revolved around grooming him :)eek:) to captain Celtic one day.

It was weird as %^*&.
His family are all from Cleland.

His sister’s very easy and the rest of them are mental!

Had we not conceded late equalisers against hearts and motherwell he would have been away before Xmas. We absolutely fucked it, and then Gerrard left. I said at the time that was league gone despite us having a lead.

I thought after they drew at St Mirren in December to put us back 6 clear that we might have been okay.

But the four points lost at Aberdeen and Ross County just before the trip to Torbett Towers made a hammering there feel inevitable and of course came to pass.

But yeah, the wider point is Postecoglou was on the ropes in his first few months which renders the idea that he came in and hit the ground running false. A new man will have the same challenges

I thought after they drew at St Mirren in December to put us back 6 clear that we might have been okay.

But the four points lost at Aberdeen and Ross County just before the trip to Torbett Towers made a hammering there feel inevitable and of course came to pass.

But yeah, the wider point is Postecoglou was on the ropes in his first few months which renders the idea that he came in and hit the ground running false. A new man will have the same challenges

We should've buried him and his team by November. Gerrard and the team should be embarrassed by how much they let him off the hook.

Those six points dropped at home to Mothewell, Aberdeen and Hearts were criminal.

By the time we went to Parkhead you could actully see the tide turning. The weekend before we lost stupid injury time goal at Dingwall and they scored an injury time winner at Parkhead v Dundee United. What should've been a 4 point lead minimum now meant that losing to them would see them top.

Every single one of us said on here before that match they'd come out the traps and go for us from minute one. And we froze.

Yes it seems like a massive gamble on Spurs part. Until about 2 days ago I was steadfastly refusing to believe it.

I suppose the other side of the coin is they’ve already tried the big names like Conte and Mourinho to no avail
Spurs seem to be a club stuck in no mans land. The’ve done nothing in decades save for one Mickey Mouse trophy except build a new stadium to do nothing in. Much better managers than Ange have wasted some of their time there.

We should've buried him and his team by November. Gerrard and the team should be embarrassed by how much they let him off the hook.

Those six points dropped at home to Mothewell, Aberdeen and Hearts were criminal.

By the time we went to Parkhead you could actully see the tide turning. The weekend before we lost stupid injury time goal at Dingwall and they scored an injury time winner at Parkhead v Dundee United. What should've been a 4 point lead minimum now meant that losing to them would see them top.

Every single one of us said on here before that match they'd come out the traps and go for us from minute one. And we froze.

Yes even going there with a 2 point lead it felt like the writing was on the wall. Similar to the December 2011 game.

Of course as a caveat that February game had been pushed back by a month - to allow them to have a full house.
If memory serves, in a happy coincidence for them, it also allowed a few of their players to come back from injury…

The whole thing stinks of Tårrier propaganda.

He’ll sign a new deal on Monday and it’ll be full for weeks of how ‘He said no to the Yiddos’

I want upheaval and chaos for that club. want him to leave them. I want their players downing tools and wanting out. I want their fans fighting each other in the stands and the streets. I want that club falling apart and expose its rotten nonce core once again.

Turmoil and torture for the paedos.
Glory and greatness for Rangers.

Agreed, I’m not bothered if he stays and we beat them or he goes and we beat them. Perfect scenario is he leaves, they appoint a new manager and we beat him.

Two lots of chaos and millions of pounds down the drain.

We were architects of our own downfall in most cases. The Fat Man, however, has been an unmitigated failure in Europe. No Rangers Manager successful on the domestic trophy front would be given the same free pass by the media on that issue as he has.

Yes even going there with a 2 point lead it felt like the writing was on the wall. Similar to the December 2011 game.

Of course as a caveat that February game had been pushed back by a month - to allow them to have a full house.
If memory serves, in a happy coincidence for them, it also allowed a few of their players to come back from injury…

It did, but if we had done our job properly pre winter break, he would have been back in Oz for Xmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back