Tottenham after Postecoglou

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a fat sleazeball and even if he stays they feal cheated, therfore toys oot the pram regardless.
Rangers will romp the league next year irrespective

Is Jermain Defoe not a coach or something with Tottenham? I wonder how that’ll work out?

Defoe isn’t arsed about things like that, no footballer is.

He’s not going to suddenly leave Spurs just because the current Celtic manager might be the manager.

What he said, Jermaine is too busy shagging tarts to give a %^*& about the pie man.

He’s off.

Some move for him to be fair.

Would have liked him to be around for a full season with Beale up against him but that’s life. It will cause them a lot of bother with him going now. All their plans for this summer up in the air and a squad full of his players used to playing his way.

Some chance for us to capitalise, the same as they did when Gerrard left us.
We can only capitalise on that if we get our recruitment right.

We are under a huge upheaval ourselves of course, so we need to keep an eye on what we are doing, with a wee side eye on what’s happening there because as you say, it’s a major kick in the balls for them if he is indeed offski.

As long as we keep our eye on the ball, we will absolutely capitalise but we’ve gotta get those key positions filled correctly. If we do, we will absolutely take full advantage of the mess they will find themselves in after today.

I categorically ridiculed the very notion about 60 pages ago.

Just getting it out there and out of the way now. Nobody needs to remind me later.

You and several hundred others.

I laugh at the people who think he’s a complete diddy more so.

He’s clearly given them an advantage.

They were on their arse 2 years ago. Even with our inept dealings, we should have had enough to keep them at arms length.

Losing any manager, let alone a good one, that’s good news for us, imo.

I can't speak for them, I'd personally swap any league title we've ever won for a win in either of our 2 recent Europa League finals.
Yes, I'd swap a league title (heck, a treble) for a European competition WIN. But I wouldn't swap a single league title for being a losing European finalist.

We can be PROUD of the achievement of reaching Manchester and Seville, given the handicap of the league we play in and, in the latter case, the horrible 10 year journey we recovered from to get there, but we shouldn't CELEBRATE losing..

I can’t understand why spurs would go down the fat mess route, instead of going for Roberto de Zerbi, unless they’ve been told to fcuk off by Brighton, and De Zebri.
A manager that’s already proved he has a very good understanding of that league.

I categorically ridiculed the very notion about 60 pages ago.

Just getting it out there and out of the way now. Nobody needs to remind me later.

I beat you to it on page one. I thought there was no chance but fair fucks it looks like a goer.

If you want to talk about them and their manager they have their own forum. He’s obviously not getting the Spurs job.

I can’t understand why spurs would go down the fat mess route, instead of going for Roberto de Zerbi, unless they’ve been told to fcuk off by Brighton, and De Zebri.
A manager that’s already proved he has a very good understanding of that league.
De Zerbi wasn’t interested in the Spurs job

Reactions: VGM
Smells to me of desperation by Levy.

The high press, high intensity game is en vogue at the moment but Ange has one massive issue if he does go down there. He appears to only have one style of play.

The surprise element is gone in what he has done with the dhims. Teams with much greater resources and talent will pick his team apart (as the European results kind of prove). His greater resources down there might help but personally I reckon it's another car crash from Levy
Again you might well be right but its interesting for me the way a high press intense style with quick passing is now seen as such a negative, i doubt it would be for any other foreign manager going there.

If you are manager of Spurs you have to be looking at most of the league and fancying your chances against them. Newcastle made top 4, Fulham, Brighton, Villa, Brentford made top 10. I know the tv plays a huge part in building it up but i am not so sure this is the impossible task its been made out to be. Spurs board must believe he can deal with the quality anyway.

Kompany(very popular on here) will be a completely different situation this season but id guess most expect him to do pretty well and maybe even finish clear of the bottom 3.

Oh I agree I hope he goes aswell.

I dont really care much for this modern “I wanted Rodgers/Postegoclou to stay so we could beat them” etc mindset

We have to take any advantage we can get - managerial upheaval there would certainly be that
they will have another unknown manager lined up, the transfer window will be a very hard one for them to get right.
Levy is really going to do this.

I think Levy is effectively accepting that they are no longer a top 4 club and is taking the biggest punt in his tenure at Spurs.

That being said, I think it's a crazy punt. Hopefully it blows up in his face and Kane stays and runs down his contact.
he will be sacked by Xmas if they appoint the fat man.

You and several hundred others.

I laugh at the people who think he’s a complete diddy more so.

He’s clearly given them an advantage.

They were on their arse 2 years ago. Even with our inept dealings, we should have had enough to keep them at arms length.

Losing any manager, let alone a good one, that’s good news for us, imo.

It's mental that posters are still kidding themselves on he's a dud.

He walked into their midden on his tod, without his own coaching team or assistants and proceeded to win 4, soon to be 5 trophies out of 6.

He's nowhere near elite but it amazes me folk think he's somehow lucked his way into success with them.

Aye, he's spent a fortune but you still need to spend it wisely and if he fucks off to Spurs he's left them a settled squad all on long term deals that they can make money on. Their new manager isn't walking into a shitshow like Gerrard or Beale did with us.

It was known a few weeks ago his kid wasn’t returning for the new school year. It could simply have been a change in Glasgow schools or there was already a plan to move on from the city.

What a move for him, though. Let’s hope they lose today and it’s another laugh as Spurs unveil him.

If they really do this, we’re either looking at one of the most genius appointments in EPL history, or one of the most disastrous of all time. There’s no middle ground with the guy, it’s champagne or shite with him & I really can’t see it working at Spurs.

He’ll be gone by Christmas and linked with a Celtic return or Championship clubs.

It's mental that posters are still kidding themselves on he's a dud.

He walked into their midden on his tod, without his own coaching team or assistants and proceeded to win 4, soon to be 5 trophies out of 6.

He's nowhere near elite but it amazes me folk think he's somehow lucked his way into success with them.

Aye, he's spent a fortune but you still need to spend it wisely and if he fucks off to Spurs he's left them a settled squad all on long term deals that they can make money on. Their new manager isn't walking into a shitshow like Gerrard or Beale did with us.
Yeah it's cringeworthy, no different from the McNamara "they are not a good team" pish we all laughed at a few years ago.

None of us like it, but you have to have a grasp of where you are before you can set out to get to where you want to be.

If they really do this, we’re either looking at one of the most genius appointments in EPL history, or one of the most disastrous of all time. There’s no middle ground with the guy, it’s champagne or shite with him & I really can’t see it working at Spurs.

He’ll be gone by Christmas and linked with a Celtic return or Championship clubs.

I mean it could just be your standard EPL appointment, he comes in and gets sacked within 6-12 months the same as most EPL managers. He’s not going to be that bad that they will be in the relegation zone and he’s not going to be that good that they they will be challenging for top 4, he’ll likely take them somewhere between 6-12th. If he drops below 12th for too long he’ll get the sack, a new manager will come in and get a short term bounce then Spurs will repeat the same process ad infinitum.

I mean it could just be your standard EPL appointment, he comes in and gets sacked within 6-12 months the same as most EPL managers. He’s not going to be that bad that they will be in the relegation zone and he’s not going to be that good that they they will be challenging for top 4, he’ll likely take them somewhere between 6-12th. If he drops below 12th for too long he’ll get the sack, a new manager will come in and get a short term bounce then Spurs will repeat the same process ad infinitum.
It could, but I tend to think that his style is so polarizing and one-track that if it doesn’t work, you could see regular drubbings by 5 and 6 to mediocre EPL sides like West Ham and the like.

Spurs’ backline are erratic and error prone at best, if he stays as stubborn as he currently is.. it could be a disaster.

Had a Celtic fan approach me boasting about a party they were having for the football today. Asked if it was a leaving party, his mood changed instantly…

pcqrz5kLi.gif

Unless Caley can do a job today :cool:
Will have been agreed off record even before today, regardless of result.

As for who comes in, Empire makes a great point about the players being used to Postecoglu style, now logically, a team would go for a continuity candidate. In this case, it’s John Kennedy and they’d never accept it. Ever.

For all their confidence in Rodgers coming in, he’s an egomaniac. He’s the type who expects the Tottenham job himself, so he won’t come back there knowing he’s damaged goods somewhat.

Their best bet would be Marsch of those available, But Lawwells hatchet piece in the paper hints that it’s his ball and it could well be a yes man type.

Yes, I'd swap a league title (heck, a treble) for a European competition WIN. But I wouldn't swap a single league title for being a losing European finalist.

We can be PROUD of the achievement of reaching Manchester and Seville, given the handicap of the league we play in and, in the latter case, the horrible 10 year journey we recovered from to get there, but we shouldn't CELEBRATE losing..
He's not suggesting swapping a title win for a European final appearance.

He clearly stated a European final WIN.

Tam Cowan just said on off the ball (I know I know) are rangers supporters wanting celtic to do the treble tody so that he leaves to go to spurs. Obviously doesn't realise we don't give a fcuk about what that lot do were more interested in out own team

Most on here said that when Celtic appointed him.
Different world really. His only opposition in Scotland lost their manager and made a bad appointment. In England he is competing with another 9 or 10 clubs who will be fancying their chances at European football for 2024/25

The difference being Celtic are less prone to dismiss managers at the first hint of trouble. And trouble there was for him in his first 6 months.

Spurs got rid of a caretaker after a few games after a 6-1 thumping. And it’s likely Postecoglou will have a few similar days early doors.

I saw no chance of this happening but seems to be some truth in it now. Gerrard had a much better record with us as well as having a huge profile down south and wasn't linked with any of the "top 6" clubs.

Only thing I think that could explain it is that ENIC and Levy are planning to sell the club soon and aren't going to invest much this summer. Could be why no managers seem to want to go near Spurs at the moment.

Tam Cowan just said on off the ball (I know I know) are rangers supporters wanting celtic to do the treble tody so that he leaves to go to spurs. Obviously doesn't realise we don't give a fcuk about what that lot do were more interested in out own team

He'll be leaving regardless of what happens in the final.

I wouldn't wish them well for anything!!

I agree with that, and I was one.

But the premiership is levels above what he is used to, even with Celtic. His open attacking football will be exposed.

He might be prove me wrong but I just don’t see it going well at spurs.

I saw no chance of this happening but seems to be some truth in it now. Gerrard had a much better record with us as well as having a huge profile down south and wasn't linked with any of the "top 6" clubs.

Only thing I think that could explain it is that ENIC and Levy are planning to sell the club soon and aren't going to invest much this summer. Could be why no managers seem to want to go near Spurs at the moment.

Gerrard had a better record with us in what sense ?

Spurs are one club I don’t see being sold to Arab oil sheiks.

He says, on a thread about the Celtic manager.

I agree with that, and I was one.

But the premiership is levels above what he is used to, even with Celtic. His open attacking football will be exposed.

He might be prove me wrong but I just don’t see it going well at spurs.

The only other side close would be Leeds in how they played when Bielsa was the manager and we know how that went...

Riveting story chap, please keep us updated on what the fat rodent Cowan has to say.

Mate that is total nonsense, Gerrard as much as o thank him for 55 did not have a much better record for us, in fact his record is almost embarrassing until 55.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back