Official We've lost about 12 hours of posts and threads

One of the admin fuckwits merged 41 threads (presumably selecting the Select All option) and we couldn't emerge them and had to go back to the last back-up done on the messageboard so we've lost a fair bit.

Sorry!

Well, my flaming torch and pitchfork are ready, just say the word!!!

One of the admin fuckwits merged 41 threads (presumably selecting the Select All option) and we couldn't emerge them and had to go back to the last back-up done on the messageboard so we've lost a fair bit.

Sorry!
Hope I'm not speakingout of turn here, but it might be worth signing up with an IT managed service provider. Any of them worth their salt can securely back up data and quickly restore it if needed.

Thought 'Agentscotland' had hacked the site and destroyed everything then realised that would take an iota of intelligence so that theory was out.

Could be a best seller.
l-LYVHP637-Rz5.jpg

Putting my (retired) computer auditor hat on ......

At least you had an archive to restore from. So the procedures and controls worked which, of course, is why we do backups and archives in the first place.

You have no idea how many hours I spent explaining that to idiot customers.
Maybe you could do a wee part time number at hampden . Show them how to avoid important emails going in their spam folder

I tried to get on about half four and was getting a forbidden message. Thought I had upset someone and got banned.

I wondered what had happened I was just in the middle of a response to a Ross Wilson thread when the whole thing disappeared. Thought that I had been the victim of a conspiracy theory

Sorry!
Did you try 'control, alt, delete':))

saves some of the nats in the covid thread from the mental gymnastics they were doing last night.

You think that's bad? I've lost a full day on FF on my first day back at work, I almost had to actually do some graft today :))

Back