Official Rabbi Matondo Announced

So we think he’ll play on the right for us then? Most of his highlight videos I’ve seen have him coming in off the left it looks like

Welcome to the Famous Rabbi
Hope you enjoy every minute of your time at the most successful club in the world
Hope you & us will share more success & we win as many trophies & medals as possible while you're here

haven't been paying attention to the transfer lunacy over the last few days, is this boy good, how whelmed should I be ?

Rabbi-Matondo.jpg

Not going to lie and say I know that much about him but the things I've seen and read over the last few days leave me excited to see him in a Rangers shirt. Welcome to Rangers Rabbi.

Excellent!! I hope he hits the ground running and finally solves the long standing issue on the right side of our attack.

Plenty pace in the attacking area of our squad with Kent, Sakala, Wright and now Rabbi.

Tremendous. Welcome.

An exciting player who at 21 has good experience through English, German and Belgian football along with international caps.

Watched him against Poland last month. He came on, assisted and caused problems with his pace and movement.

He’s got attributes we will develop further.

Squad coming along nicely.

Welcome young man.
Do us proud and you will truly learn what a great decision you made in coming to Rangers.
I have little doubt you’ll be a star and hopefully on the world stage.

So we think he’ll play on the right for us then? Most of his highlight videos I’ve seen have him coming in off the left it looks like

In about 80% of his highlights reels he seems to play on the left, even in his Man City days as shown in the video below. He seems quite a similar player to Kent in that they are both right footed 'inverted wingers' who play on the left.

If we play him on the right he will be cutting inside onto his weaker left foot. In his highlights reels he doesn't seem to do much crossing so hasn't played the roll of a traditional right footed crossing right winger.

This kid is absolutely RAPID!!!

Welcome to Rangers Rabbi Matondo.

If we can keep Morelos and Kent while adding qaulity like Matondo and Colak our attacking department is in a much better place.

Back