Club 1872 AGM - 7 people attended?

Club 1872 are a busted flush shut them down.
And do what with the shares they hold? Not quite as simple. Certainly needs a root and branch reform and new personalities at the helm. As stated in the videos, they've become inextricably linked to King, who has his own issues with the Club Board. Will never succeed whilst at odds with the Club and that won't come without movement on their part.

Club1872 will never be a success whilst the current board members are involved and their egos are preventing it from being the fan vehicle it could be

Its a wee vanity project for a small group of 4 or 5 that are chasing their dream of a seat in the directors box at Ibrox, and they’re making decisions to improve their own position rather than for the greater good of Club1872
I will never donate 1 more penny into it until those board members are gone, particularly Laura and Claire

Last edited:
And do what with the shares they hold? Not quite as simple. Certainly needs a root and branch reform and new personalities at the helm. As stated in the videos, they've become inextricably linked to King, who has his own issues with the Club Board. Will never succeed whilst at odds with the Club and that won't come without movement on their part.
I agree mate but no matter what you think of club 1872 and there 7 members dave King should be respected on here instead of being treated like Mike Ashley ect

No board members are gonna buy dk shares so needs to be a middle ground and right now it's not club 1872

Club1872 will never be a success whilst the current board members are involved and their egos are preventing it from being the fan vehicle it could be

Its a wee vanity project for a small group of 4 or 5 that are chasing their dream of a seat in the directors box at Ibrox, and they’re making decisions to improve their own position rather than for the greater good of Club1872
I will never donate 1 more penny into it until those board members are gone, particularly Laura and Claire
I’ve no idea what Laura’s day job is, but having met her (and having dealt with many proper C-Suite individuals throughout my career) she seems like an office admin job, manager level type. Would never be a Director level in any decent organisation. No idea about the rest.

I can only assume it suited an agenda to hold a meeting and then to discuss only certain aspects of the report while that report was not getting distributed until after the meeting. What's that about?

Not distributing a report you are going to discuss at length as well as poorly advertising the meeting just smacks of controlling the narrative to avoid the difficult questions.

As I said earlier Andy went too easy on them.

I can only assume it suited an agenda to hold a meeting and then to discuss only certain aspects of the report while that report was not getting distributed until after the meeting. What's that about?

Not distributing a report you are going to discuss at length as well as poorly advertising the meeting just smacks of controlling the narrative to avoid the difficult questions.

She summarised a members survey, it was boring. How long do you want her to go on telling us how many % were very satisfied or not?

Last edited:
If that board can sit in a room with only 7 attendees and not understand that they have failed and continue to fail then they are utterly detached from reality. A supporters group holding an AGM, even at short notice, with a significant shareholding in the club that sees nobody beyond a few souls bothering to turn up has failed and is just going through the motions on its way to obscurity.

I think the speaker was brilliant, but he got the key point wrong. It is not apathy keeping folk away, it is mistrust. People have no confidence that the meeting will hold any value at all and see no point going. Membership sliding and the failure of Legacy are down and it is because there is that much fighting and backstabbing going on that they just want nothing to do with it.

Those board members should ask themselves a really simple question; Is our continued involvement helping or harming the CIC? Whether we are 100% justified and correct in all we have said and done, is our remaining at the head causing the group to fail?

I think the answer is self evident.

I have put thousands of pounds, like thousands of other people, into C1872 but no longer contribute so no longer a member.

The whole C1872 set up is wrong and needs overhauled and a new board elected.

Why would anyone still be contributing?

C1872 in its current form is an example of how not to do things.

Having been, in the past, a strong supporter of C1872, I am now firmly in the ‘needs to reform’ camp. This is a very sad state of affairs.

The problem seems to be that the current C1872 have a legally watertight, self elected board and hence the perpetuity of its existence.

What can be done?

I agree mate but no matter what you think of club 1872 and there 7 members dave King should be respected on here instead of being treated like Mike Ashley ect

No board members are gonna buy dk shares so needs to be a middle ground and right now it's not club 1872

With the greatest of respect to Dave King, there is only one party hellbent on playing this out in public and it's not the Rangers board.

There's plenty to find fault with this board about but it's pretty below par that King has used his media mouthpiece to constantly belittle them, accuse them of running the manager out of town and claim they're holding the club back when everyone one of them stood up and put their hands in their pockets and bailed us out during COVID to the tune of £23m.

This Rangers board isn't perfect but I can understand their anger at a guy who surely could pick up the phone and sort this instead of delivering character assassinations in the press.

You can be forever grateful to King for his actions in saving us whilst also thinking he's acting horrifcally just now.

Can't speak for others but I have every respect for DK - though his perpetual interventions via the media have become frustrating and tiresome. Ideally I'd like to see him and the current Board 'kiss and make up' but that seems highly unlikely. It is, therefore, for him to dispose of his shares as he sees fit. Club 1872 are a long, long way away from being the vehicle for that as things stand at present and, probably, for the foreseeable future.

I think he got it wrong when he said nobody cares.
Nobody trusts them I would suggest is the bigger issue.
That they are holding a not insignificant amount of shares / money with no support is an absurd situation to be in.
How it moves on though and is rebranded and reinvigorated is only going to happen when those at the table leave of their own volition.

If that board can sit in a room with only 7 attendees and not understand that they have failed and continue to fail then they are utterly detached from reality. A supporters group holding an AGM, even at short notice, with a significant shareholding in the club that sees nobody beyond a few souls bothering to turn up has failed and is just going through the motions on its way to obscurity.

I think the speaker was brilliant, but he got the key point wrong. It is not apathy keeping folk away, it is mistrust. People have no confidence that the meeting will hold any value at all and see no point going. Membership sliding and the failure of Legacy are down and it is because there is that much fighting and backstabbing going on that they just want nothing to do with it.

Those board members should ask themselves a really simple question; Is our continued involvement helping or harming the CIC? Whether we are 100% justified and correct in all we have said and done, is our remaining at the head causing the group to fail?

How can we change things at board level when no one is willing to put themselves forward for election anymore? Look at the stick everyone involved has got since Stewart Robertson and his puppets tried to make a change. Who'd want to volunteer for that shit.

Elections the proper way should have been the correct course of action, always.

Last edited:
Club 1872 has become a shambles with almost zero potential to grow amongst the fans. Surely those heading up Club 1872 must recognise themselves that there is a major problem? Clearly, the subterfuge of informing members at the last minute is a clear indication not all is right. I am so disappointed at how Club 1872 has turned out. Fan engagement is needed. These are our shares that we the fans own. I know that some on FF tried to exert a new influence, which is sorely needed, but due to the inertia within the organisation and lack of transparency, nothing came of it.

Club 1872 has to be seen as independent from the Board and sugar-daddies hiding in the shadows. It needs a re-vamp. It needs its own committee to go out on match days and engage with fans. Is there a Club 1872 presence at Ibrox on match days? I’ve never seen it.

She summarised a members survey mate, it was very boring. How long do you want her to go on telling us how many % were very satisfied or not?
The fact she summarised specifics she deemed important and that the report had not been distributed prior to the meeting allowing contributors access to information with which to form opinions or questions, or that the meeting was seemingly poorly announced says a lot about the organization.

As a noncontributor, it is easy to sit and throw stones so to speak. But I don't think I'd be alone in suggesting I've seen nothing from Club 1872 over the past few years that would persuade me to become a contributor and that's the real issue.

A group of people who tried to revamp their same old tired ideas and still point blank refusal to reform and do some extra work to get the club and fans onside. Nobody can be surprised at the state of club 1872 in its current guise

dealings with them have been a farce in the past and their own stubborn ideas about high a regard people should hold them without doing a single bit of hard work and bridge building has led to them all becoming a non entities which is nice to see.

Rip it up - operate a proper business with fan engagement and engage with the club to work together. It’s not difficult…

The fact she summarised specifics she deemed important and that the report had not been distributed prior to the meeting allowing contributors access to information with which to form opinions or questions, or that the meeting was seemingly poorly announced says a lot about the organization.

As a noncontributor, it is easy to sit and throw stones so to speak. But I don't think I'd be alone in suggesting I've seen nothing from Club 1872 over the past few years that would persuade me to become a contributor and that's the real issue.
She summarised nothing that would make you think she was operating to some kind of agenda. She specifically left out the section on the SLO. I think if she went there you might say she was settling a score but she didn't.

Last edited:
Lol right up em.That Laura Fawkes looks sleekit as they come and a major part of the these charlatans as a whole.
From my admittedly occasional look in at all things Club 1872 that would certainly be my take.

I don’t think her continued presence is benefiting anyone.

Cancelled mine on Friday, they have lost the plot and do not look like they have a plan B. The vehicle is sitting waiting for the right driver to move it forward.

She summarised nothing that would make you think she was operating to some kind of agenda. She specifically left out the section on the SLO. I think if she went there you could say that would maybe be agenda driven but she didn't.
Well, you are entitled to your opinion.

I thought he was fine. He raised many issues. If you go in overly aggressive, you give them an out by making it Andy Vs Club 1872.

With the current Club 1872 board, it will continue to diminish in importance. Especially if there's further share issues over the coming years and they have a smaller funding pot to invest in shares.

It would appear that all we can hope for is that they fall on their swords and a new board can get in and do a thorough root and branch overhaul.

Last edited:
Sell the shares and make a large donation to the club with terms that it must be used for future transfer fees.

That’s the simple question. It’s really as basic as that.

The objectives are clearly correct. Under anything like the current set up, it is and will fail.

It takes a set to say, ‘I’m not up to it, I’ll let someone else do it’. Unfortunately, that won’t happen.

Even if they did, you just know there would be a lot of sniping at any new group of leaders.

This is a busted flush, everyone should get their money back. I’m a member due to my lifetime RST membership, so I would accept that I’d get nothing back, but the guys who have been paying monthly, jeez. All I would say is that I’d be absolutely raging.

With the greatest of respect to Dave King, there is only one party hellbent on playing this out in public and it's not the Rangers board.

There's plenty to find fault with this board about but it's pretty below par that King has used his media mouthpiece to constantly belittle them, accuse them of running the manager out of town and claim they're holding the club back when everyone one of them stood up and put their hands in their pockets and bailed us out during COVID to the tune of £23m.

This Rangers board isn't perfect but I can understand their anger at a guy who surely could pick up the phone and sort this instead of delivering character assassinations in the press.

You can be forever grateful to King for his actions in saving us whilst also thinking he's acting horrifcally just now.
This board promised transparency.have we had that I'm not so sure

Who has Dave King character assassined?
The bailing out is a red heron as they were paid in shares or loans

Complete transparency, honesty and communication with EVERY member is the only way something like this can be successful and maintain support. It’s difficult to implement securely, but 100% worth it for the longer term.

It won’t happen in this group, ever. The personalities in play here and their mentality are too stubborn and single visioned. I see individuals who would rather hold on to something til it dies, than let it flourish under alternative stewardship.

An inability to find common ground or compromise, can have a very acute viral effect within any organisation. It can be equally mirrored on the other side of a divide when parties begin to see heels digging in.
What you then have, is a cultural issue that can only change with new personnel, mass culture change or people being able to accept their weaknesses and/or limitations and stepping down.

Do you honestly see any of these changes happening in the short to medium term?

Complete transparency, honesty and communication with EVERY member is the only way something like this can be successful and maintain support. It’s difficult to implement securely, but 100% worth it for the longer term.

It won’t happen in this group, ever. The personalities in play here and their mentality are too stubborn and single visioned. I see individuals who would rather hold on to something til it dies, than let it flourish under alternative stewardship.

An inability to find common ground or compromise, can have a very acute viral effect within any organisation. It can be equally mirrored on the other side of a divide when parties begin to see heels digging in.
What you then have, is a cultural issue that can only change with new personnel, mass culture change or people being able to accept their weaknesses and/or limitations and stepping down.

Do you honestly see any of these changes happening in the short to medium term?
No but plenty will be along to go against the facts they said when took over

The poster above saying a nda with castore
Should be questioned

They couldn't run a bath never mind a club our size

The fruit of the loom still in my head when purchasing anything

The acdc range just fucking wow

Back