Official The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote from the Sun on Tillman - He recently said: “I’ve spoken to Michael Beale already and he said, ‘Just take your time. It’s your decision’.

“That’s what I’m going to do. The option is until the beginning of June or something so I still have three or four weeks to decide.

“I’m going to take my time because obviously it’s a big decision for me.”
None of his media interviews suggested to me he really wants to join us permanently.

That's always been the impression I've had.

It isn't just an innocent photo though Beale wants him and Coady favours the move however it all depends on shipping out ben davies and getting a decent fee. There's a definite interest
How do you know that Beale wants him and Coady favours the move?

Quote from the Sun on Tillman - He recently said: “I’ve spoken to Michael Beale already and he said, ‘Just take your time. It’s your decision’.

“That’s what I’m going to do. The option is until the beginning of June or something so I still have three or four weeks to decide.

Did he mean July? Wierd to say beginning of June and having lots of time. When is the quote from?e

Right let's change the subject from Connor Coady.

image.png

B-D

Honestly this Coady chat needs wrapped up. Nothings happening. Let it go. Here's a thought. Maybe his son watched us beat Dortmund and wanted a Rangers top? The same way loads of kids here want City, or Liverpool tops?

Or maybe the Wolves captain of 21/22 got some free Castore gear from the season 21/22. :D

I wouldn’t spend that money on him but if that is true then it’s fair. We have the luxury of this little window. We’re all entitled to a break

If we were ever going to consider Shankand next season would be a better judge of his ability; to see if he can score the same amount of goals for a longer period. In his first season at Dundee Utd he played 26 games and scored 24 goals, in the following season he scored only 8 in 32; defenders will read his game more next season.
Who cares he's mince, and has a frankenstein forehead.

Coady will end up at the likes of Burnley or Sheff Utd.

He certainly won't be short of options. He's an England international who made the world cup squad and he's played regular premier league football for years until March this year.

From what we’ve seen at Spurs I’m not sure they’ve had coaches in long enough to establish what they want from a defence or whether that has been delivered. To get on the books at Spurs as a youngster is arguably harder than a Brighton or Bournemouth type club back when we picked Goldson up.
They’ve had a number of coaches and none seemingly want Carter Vickers.
Basically they all must have felt he was not up to EPL standard which is no great shame.

We conceded 3 goals more than Celtic this season, massively in part to the games Goldson missed

The campaign prior we made a European Final

So, no....not really.

It is bizarre how some of our fans speak in relation to Goldson, he is every bit the level and better than Carter Vickers, regardless of where they spent time in their careers which is nigh on redundant
You’re still wrong, Imho of course….yours differs from mine but that’s fine!!

You’re still wrong, Imho of course….yours differs from mine but that’s fine!!
Actual events are a challenge to be “wrong”

I’ll listen when Carter Vickers and his cost about 4 x more defence breaks the records the defence Goldson was part of did.

Or when Carter Vickers makes a European Final with Celtic.

Till then…yeah it’s just your view that you’d rather back the work of a Celtic player over an excellent Rangers one.

Last edited:
Think that ship has sailed, cracking young player despite what some of the numbskulls on here say.
I think the lads decision if it was a KB, does back up the views of the dissenters in that he appear to them that he wasn’t fully vested with us.

I'm gonna say something potentially outlandish. I don't even think Davies is a bad player. I just don't think he suits being at a club like Rangers tbh. Big part of that is supporter expectation and our perceptions. We don't tend to warm to defenders of his ilk.

I think we'll easily be able to shift him. Our supports perception of him, isn't actually how he is perceived in a broader context.
He is just another decent player who is good in his comfort zone but can’t handle the particular pressure of winning every game at Rangers.

He’ll go back to being amongst the better defenders in the championship with the pressure off, will probably be better than when he left Preston given the experiences he has gained at Liverpool and Rangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back