Official Jack Butland - Welcome to Rangers! - 4 Year Deal

Delighted with this signing, yes he hasn’t played a lot of football in the last few years but if we can get anything near his previous levels out of him now that he’s going to be playing consistently, we’ll be onto a winner.

He’s a big guy, that presence alone will be a huge difference.

Delighted with this signing, yes he hasn’t played a lot of football in the last few years but if we can get anything near his previous levels out of him now that he’s going to be playing consistently, we’ll be onto a winner.

He’s a big guy, that presence alone will be a huge difference.
Let's face it, a lot of goals against us came from crosses or corners, so if he can come off his line and prevent goals from those scenarios, it will benefit us massively. It will also give our defence confidence if he takes pressure off.

Welcome to the famous Jack, you have big boots/gloves to fill but I’m sure you’ll smash it big man.

Delighted with his signing.

Brilliant keep them coming, buzzing for next season,feel the complete opposite to last year common the Gers

A statement signing. A brilliant signing. The ONLY show in town today. Delighted with this and can only be good for McCrorie too. Win win.

Brilliant signing. Weve done some shrewd business (on paper in some cases) since Beales come in. Butland could be the most important of the lot if he gets back to his peak.

What a difference a few weeks can make in this game. Buzzing!

Said in a thread yesterday that he’s a big personality, a voice and leader on and off the park. He talks well, he’s motivated, he wants to play. He’s too good to sit on a Premiership clubs bench.

He could have extended his stay at the club he grew up supporting landing £60k a week. He chose to come to Rangers. In this day and age that says a lot.

He wouldn't have been shy of offers, even from the team he has supported since he was a boy.

He speaks so well and seems absolutely delighted to join the club. Buzzing.

It wouldn't be a competition though. Butland is an England international goalkeeper. McCrorie is a third rate Scottish goalkeeper. You struggling to understand that?
I love how everyone seems to belittle McCrorie. Every time he has played he hasn’t let us down. Yet we have just signed a keeper who hasn’t properly played for a couple of years. If Butland was that good he would have been a number 1 at a club down south not a back up?

Excellent Interview on RTV. He comes across as a Confident, Well mannered, Calm, Quiet living Guy who will be an asset to our club.
Speaks very well and gets it. WATP.

The 'blink' at 0:11 :)

gn16.png
just checked this and your right is the collar on the new kit white?

I love how everyone seems to belittle McCrorie. Every time he has played he hasn’t let us down. Yet we have just signed a keeper who hasn’t properly played for a couple of years. If Butland was that good he would have been a number 1 at a club down south not a back up?
Sound gutted.

to counter

McCrorie hasnt properly played for a couple of years, and if he was that good, why is he a backup?

I lived there and was at tonnes of game with my uncle.
Whats his best attributes mate? I'm hearing coming for crosses and commanding the box. The amount of times teams got in behind us because McGregor was glued to his line drove me nuts when a mobile keeper would sweep it up.

Is he any good with the ball at his feet ?

If we didn't sign competition for gk and RM wasn't playing well, we would all be going nuts.
No I totally get why we signed him. And actually think he will be a great signing for the club. But was just annoyed at certain comments. We need competition in every position and now that Butland and McCrorie are battling for the number 1 spot can only benefit the team.

Back