Anyone else laughing at Silva’s miss?

I think it is more and more obvious the more I watch it that he is doing that thing where someone walks infront of you and you don't want to touch them. You put your hands up and check your feet. I think he was not expecting the pass, the pass was slightly behind him and he figured it was for a Rangers player running in behind him. Not wanting to touch the ball and take it off someone's toes, he stopped his feet dead and did that weird arm thing we all do when we check our forward momentum.
This actually makes total sense. The arms going up make it look like a dive to me but the mind boggles that anyone would even think about diving in that situation. So your explanation really nails it I think, spot-on when you look at it this way.

Ah c'mon, you have to lighten up and laugh, it's not like it had any effect on the result :)

Those saying he deliberately dived need to give themselves a shake. He couldn't adjust his feet and made a Henry Hunt of it. I'm sure he'll be getting ribbed mercilessly by his teammates.
Ah, so you wouldn't have found it funny if it happened at 0-0 and we went on to lose the game? Cool.

No harm done in the end as you say, but that 'fall' sums up his time with us so far.

If he didn't dive, why did he throw his hands up in the air? Watched it repeatedly and seems the most plausible explanation.

For all those claiming its a Celtic narrative, you were all claiming the same when people said that team wouldn't have won 55 if there were fans in the stadium. I think subsequent history showed that we wouldn't have.

I said in the match thread, Silva's agent is the greatest salesman of all time.

Scratch the surface and look at who was involved in the dealings and you’ll catch the drift.

Not in anyway suggesting Silva himself is up to anything nefarious of course.

The loudest shouts as usual come from those of a bheast persuasion. Not seen the guy dive once, there's been contact every single time. The rolling around and over exaggeration against the filth was a bit pathetic but there was still contact. Unlike the pieces of shit that play for the bheasts, that spend more time on the deck than they do on their feet every match. Furuhashi and hatate in particular diving and rolling around as soon as the wind picks up,of course though barely a f#ckin peep about them from the usual suspects.

Anyone suggesting that he's dived once you see a couple of replays is either a bheast or certainly wishing to peddle an anti - Silva / Rangers rhetoric for me. Simples.

And if Andy Halliday is peddling such guff on RC then absolute shame on him.

For me its clear that he's running at pace, Dessers plays a cutback to him, also at pace, that he wasn't expecting or, at best, expected it a little bit further in front.

In trying to sort his feet out, given his pace, his feet haven't reacted quick enough to his brain and hes tripped over. Simple inertia. Or dare i say it, biomechanics.

I've done similar trying to avoid the dog or people stopping suddenly in front of me on Buchanan Street (not went right down due to me going at a slower pace but certainly tripped and stumbled a few steps).

Call me cynical but if that was the Japanese Diver the McFaddens, Michael Stewarts and the rest would have a different, more sympathetic view. Yet he's the biggest cheat in Scottish Football (outwith certain officials).

Anyone suggesting that he's dived once you see a couple of replays is either a bheast or certainly wishing to peddle an anti - Silva / Rangers rhetoric for me. Simples.

And if Andy Halliday is peddling such guff on RC then absolute shame on him.

For me its clear that he's running at pace, Dessers plays a cutback to him, also at pace, that he wasn't expecting or, at best, expected it a little bit further in front.

In trying to sort his feet out, given his pace, his feet haven't reacted quick enough to his brain and hes tripped over. Simple inertia. Or dare i say it, biomechanics.

I've done similar trying to avoid the dog or people stopping suddenly in front of me on Buchanan Street (not went right down due to me going at a slower pace but certainly tripped and stumbled a few steps).

Call me cynical but if that was the Japanese Diver the McFaddens, Michael Stewarts and the rest would have a different, more sympathetic view. Yet he's the biggest cheat in Scottish Football (outwith certain officials).

It literally wouldn't even be a talking point. Nothing at all would've been said about it.

It literally wouldn't even be a talking point. Nothing at all would've been said about it.
Exactly. How often have we seen bheast flashpoints being glossed over or, more likely, completely excluded from highlight reels.

There was probably the biggest 'cheating' incident over the weekend where a bheast defender....the really bad foreign chap, was on a yellow and committed another yellow card offence. Any player from any other team gets a 2nd yellow. Play on.

That was the worst decision i saw over the weekend yet ive not seen it being discussed anywhere.

As if it never happened.

He wasn't booked as he didn't dive. Simples.

Plus, if he was diving we'd have got the Silva histrionic's. He fell. Was raging / embarrassed with himself. Got up.

Nothing more to make of it unless you are part of the usual cabal attempting to further push the pro-bheast gamesmanship and/or media manipulation .
You obviously didn’t read any of my other posts to form that opinion of myself.

If he didn't dive, why did he throw his hands up in the air? Watched it repeatedly and seems the most plausible explanation.

For all those claiming its a Celtic narrative, you were all claiming the same when people said that team wouldn't have won 55 if there were fans in the stadium. I think subsequent history showed that we wouldn't have.
Subsequent history showed we wouldn't have won 55 if there were fans in the stadium?!

Yet we can get to a European final?

We had more pressure on us in that 55 season with or without fans, plus you could see that we were improving as a team pre covid (with fans).

Our main frailties this year is not having any reliability in front of goal and most of us saw that coming after the transfer window shut.

You obviously didn’t read any of my other posts to form that opinion of myself.

Apologies if that read that i was lumping you in with the Silva dive narrative. Didnt mean to.

I can see where you are coming from (same view as me) and I was agreeing and expanding on your point

His spatial awareness would have to be so poor that he would require a guide dog for every day tasks for him not to be aware that there was no one around him at that point.

The only plausible explanation is that we have a biased media that are giving free reign to make up whatever rubbish they want.

Is there any chance he was trying to jump over it for Mcausland running in?

It's inexplicable, obviously, but he just made a mess of it
I thought he was more concerned about running into the player in front of him. When he realises that the ball is being played to him it caused him to fall. But it has never once came to my thoughts that he dived, that’s absurd.

He's a mess of a player, and the last I would defend. It was a dive and there are no glasses tinted blue enough to say otherwise. He should never play for us again
Imagine being a rangers fan and coming out with this. Sure he is on loan but he is our player just now and you say you wouldn’t defend him. The guy misjudged his run and was stuck in two minds but let’s throw him under the bus . Our fans are a joke sometimes

We really do love a fight amongst ourselves over something so bloody pathetic.

We got the result, it didn’t have any bearing on the final result thankfully and we look forward to a massive month ahead of us.

Outside the stadium after the game Silva was Infront of me at an auto teller and I had a peak over his shoulder. He was checking his Ballance and I noticed a large deposit from CFC I think it must of came from a bank in China or other. Oh well.

It was shite but it’s not a dive. The ball just didn’t go where he was expecting it to and he fucked it. No strikers from there are diving so that a teammate can score a penalty.

Outside the stadium after the game Silva was Infront of me at an auto teller and I had a peak over his shoulder. He was checking his Ballance and I noticed a large deposit from CFC I think it must of came from a bank in China or other. Oh well.

I don't believe this for one second. Why would a well-paid footballer be checking his balance? As if he'd be close to the bone. For that reason, I'm out.

What if the ball wasn’t played behind him?
I would disagree that the ball was played quite behind him however, in the same vein it was played unexpectedly imo and certainly not into his stride.

He couldnt adjust his feet quick enough and fell.

I loathe some of his over exaggerating and would be the first to be all over him if he was being a d!ck/cheat but hes just tripped not looking for anything other than the ground to swallow him up.

Jesus christ

Looking for a penalty with no one near him, embarrassing again.

He's a professional footaller. Surely, he must be aware if there's a defender near him?

There wasn't of course.

But it was a quite ludicrous incident, and one I have no comprehension of how it could have happened?

One thing I'll say; it had nothing to do with a bad pass from Dessers.

I don't envisage him being part of another loan next season unless he ups his game significantly.

I've never lost my footing causing both my arms to go up in the air, like a snipers just popped me, while looking for a referee and shouting. It was an embarrassing dive.
Have you ever tried to suddenly stop whilst sprinting?

For you and all others saying it’s a dive, why on earth would he dive in that situation. Even if he had sorted his feet and put it in he would still have fell forward.

It’s not a dive, he’s not prepared for the ball to come at him and he’s totally fucked it. Wolves have been bumped!
Wolves were buying potential and when you see what he was doing at a very young age at a very good club in Porto it was an understandable gamble.

Why would he dive though when he knows there was nobody near him and he had an open goal? I think he is terrible and I cant stand his theatrics to the point id happily not see him play for us again but on this occasion, come on man. He absolutely didnt dive.
Have you ever tripped, or even almost tripped?? You instinctively put your hands out to break your fall. You don't throw them up towards the sky as your falling.

Back