Archive Bundesliga and Bundesliga 2 22/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSV defender Mario Vuskovic tested positive for the doping agent EPO on September 16, 2022 during a training test by the National Anti-Doping Agency (Nada).

The positive finding became known immediately after the Hamburg game against Sandhausen (4:2). Vuskovic was not part of the squad in the game. First of all, this was explained by HSV with “personal reasons”.

The German Football Association (***) suspended Vuskovic for the time being. The 21-year-old Croatian applied for the opening of the B sample, which confirmed the positive result of the A sample, as the *** announced on December 15.

After the Croatian had been publicly silent since the positive A sample became known, he protested his innocence in his statement on February 3 before the *** sports court.

Just like in his written statement that the Croatian submitted to the *** on January 17th. The HSV professional also appealed against his provisional ban. On March 5, 2023, he posted on Instagram: “I will fight for my innocence to the end. I hope to see you on the field soon.”
Vuskovic has hired five lawyers to handle his case.

In tears, the Croatian said before the *** sports court on March 17: “I’m innocent. I’ve never cheated in sport and I never will.”

In the first hearing before the *** sports court, the Croatian’s defense attorneys pointed out a possible mix-up of the sample. Doping controller Markus Jungblut, who took the sample from Vuskovic, assured that the test procedure had been followed.

In the meantime, HSV has submitted four reports to the ***, which are intended to prove errors in the laboratory analysis. They question the positive result and claim the Croatian was not doped with Epo. These reports were presented on the second day of the hearing on February 9th.

Ahead of the third hearing, originally scheduled for March 10, the Vuskovic side submitted a new, lengthy defense brief, with four supplementary assessments by scientific advisors. These were then the topic of the third meeting on March 17th.

The court commissioned Canadian expert Prof. Jean-Francois Naud to investigate the case. As part of this, the renowned epo expert should also try to carry out another analysis for exogenous epo using the residual amount of urine from Vuskovic’ doping sample.

Naud drew up an expert opinion and confirmed the results of the laboratory in Kreischa. He rejected a C-propene analysis.

For “the necessary and proper discussion” (Stephan Oberholz, the chairman of the *** sports court) with the new defense brief, the *** postponed the third hearing date by a week to March 17th. There, the attempt by the court to bring about an amicable agreement failed.

After this meeting with pleas from both sides, Oberholz announced a written decision within the next two weeks at the latest.

Should Vuskovic be convicted, he could, on the other hand, go before the *** Federal Court. If there is an acquittal, WADA and NADA would have the opportunity to appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS). In addition to the sporting proceedings, the public prosecutor’s office is investigating Vuskovic on the basis of the anti-doping law.

Epo is short for erythropoietin. Erythropoietin is a hormone that promotes the formation of red blood cells (erythrocytes) and is mainly produced in the kidneys. The higher the number of erythrocytes, the greater the oxygen capacity of the blood. The endurance performance increases accordingly.

Genetically engineered (recombinant) Epo was developed in the early 1980s and originally used as a drug, for example for anemia and kidney failure

In the 1990s, Epo was widely used as a doping agent in endurance sports, especially cycling. For a long time, the athletes did not have to fear discovery. Only since the beginning of 2000 has it been possible to detect genetically engineered Epo directly in the urine – and thus in a classic doping control.

It was also used in football. It is known, for example, that Juventus systematically supplied its star ensemble with Epo in the 1990s.

According to the *** legal and procedural code, the standard penalty for doping offenses is four years (paragraph 8b). If no fault is proven, the penalty can be reduced. In addition, the public prosecutor is investigating against Vuskovic. She has to, because the anti-doping law has been in place since December 2015. The Croatian U21 selection player is therefore also threatened with proceedings before a court of law.
The German Football Association (***). He has already provisionally suspended Vuskovic. The *** sports court makes a final decision after the main proceedings. After three days of negotiations, there is still no verdict. It is to be communicated in writing within two weeks of March 17th.

In the event that Vuskovic is convicted by the ***, the second division soccer team could terminate the Croatian’s contract, which runs until June 30, 2025, without notice. In terms of sports law, the defender would have canceled his contract “without good reason”, i.e. broken it.
See also Saving energy in the household: How the devices consume less | > - Guide
Then a lawsuit with FIFA for damages for HSV would also be possible.
Further information

What options does the Croatian have, can HSV hope for compensation and how long does it all take? Answers to sports law questions. more
The probability is very low. In 2016, the *** had adapted its rules for game evaluation in the event of a violation of anti-doping regulations to the provisions of the world association FIFA and the European Football Union UEFA.
Accordingly, penalties should only be imposed on a club “if the club can be proven to be at fault or more than two players in the team have violated the anti-doping regulations”.
After the positive test on September 16, 2022, HSV played eight league games with Vuskovic and scored 13 points.

WTF is it with Hamburg. Last week if they win they go top of the league,they fcuking lose. Today they fcuking draw at home and are now third. Come on to fcuk Hamburg get your fcukin act together.

Superb 1st half performance by Dortmund... 4-1 up vs Koln. We've got a title battle this season.

Tomorrow - Bayer v Bayern

Next week - Bayern v Dortmund

Following week - Freiburg v Bayern

Can't see Bayern taking 9pts from that

good win for Darmstadt 2-0 v Kaiserslautern

they go back to the top

Yeah, looking good for Darmstadt and Heidenheim. I was over at Freiburg v Hoffenheim last week to complete the Bundesliga grounds. Also done 9/18 in 2.Bundesliga but if those 2 come up I'll be back to 16 grounds next season.

Hansa Rostock sacked their boss today, lost 5-2 at home to Fortuna Duss - sit second from bottom.

Some match on April 1st, 5:30 kick off Bayern v Dortmund, Dortmund sat a point clear.

Stuttgart now bottom in Bundesliga, 2 points bottom to 4th from bottom - very tight.

Sky not showing the Munich Dortmund game next Saturday? Can't be right surely. What's the point having the rights and not showing the biggest game of the season so far

Aye they're probably the in form team. They were in a relegation battle round about Xmas.

Fancy going to a Hamburg game. Quite like the city apart from the Reeperbahn area which was a total shit tip - and loads of St Pauli merchandise everywhere.

tough away game for HSV tonight v Dusseldorf (who are in fourth place)

not easy for Darmstadt either away to Nürnberg

both games at 18:30 local time

Decent game this - Hamburg a wee bit lucky scoring from a missed penalty rebound.

Not sure which channel it’s on in UK, currently watching in Portugal.

Big half this in both matches going on. Fortuna need the win for any chance of going up really.

Hamburg look to have a great support at this fixture, they seem to have far more of the ground than you would expect the away team to have

Hamburg look to have a great support at this fixture, they seem to have far more of the ground than you would expect the away team to have
Düsseldorf away often attracts big crowds for many sides as the Stadium is far bigger than the home support. Been in it with 4000 in the away section for Hansa Rostock.

You might mind this interesting:

Have put Eintracht vs Bochum on while having a few beers. Frankfurt appear to have had their form fall off a cliff since the World Cup/Winter break that started in November. Should still have enough to beat Bochum though.

Düsseldorf away often attracts big crowds for many sides as the Stadium is far bigger than the home support. Been in it with 4000 in the away section for Hansa Rostock.

was in the old stadium in 1979 watching big Peter Mccloy have the game of his life ,to get us a 0-0 draw and send us through 2-1 on aggregate, great city

You’ll probably know better than me, but are Hannover poorly supported? Most teams highest away attendance has been at Hannover there and they have one of the lowest away followings according to that website.

You’ll probably know better than me, but are Hannover poorly supported? Most teams highest away attendance has been at Hannover there and they have one of the lowest away followings according to that website.
It’s dropped a lot since they went down, the protests against Martin Kind were meant to mean they got better but they haven’t really. Wouldn’t say they are that poorly supported just had a dip in numbers attending because the problems they’ve had - similar to Hamburg really, both have pretty low membership numbers at the minute compared to what they have had previously, good barometer membership numbers over there.

Hannover is a great ground, the beer gardens outside are superb.

It’s dropped a lot since they went down, the protests against Martin Kind were meant to mean they got better but they haven’t really. Wouldn’t say they are that poorly supported just had a dip in numbers attending because the problems they’ve had - similar to Hamburg really, both have pretty low membership numbers at the minute compared to what they have had previously, good barometer membership numbers over there.

Hannover is a great ground, the beer gardens outside are superb.
Fair enough. Hannover is one that me and a mate plan to (potentially) do next year. Thinking of flying into Berlin and going to Wolfsburg and there if fixtures allow. Both seem easy enough to get to, and tickets for.

Went to the Olympiastadion in March and have caught the bug for German football.

Fair enough. Hannover is one that me and a mate plan to (potentially) do next year. Thinking of flying into Berlin and going to Wolfsburg and there if fixtures allow. Both seem easy enough to get to, and tickets for.

Went to the Olympiastadion in March and have caught the bug for German football.
I did Wolfsburg and Hannover as a double header a while ago midweek. It’s as easy to fly to Hamburg to go Hannover as it is Berlin. You want to stay in Hannover if you do end up going both, not much in Wolfsburg. Braunschweig worth going to around there as well.

I did Wolfsburg and Hannover as a double header a while ago midweek. It’s as easy to fly to Hamburg to go Hannover as it is Berlin. You want to stay in Hannover if you do end up going both, not much in Wolfsburg. Braunschweig worth going to around there as well.
Cheers for the advice. Secretly hoping I can get to the Derby between Hannover and Braunschweig. Seen Videos from the one a couple weeks ago and looks great. Had heard that about Wolfsburg so will try to make sure to spend little time there.

Cheers for the advice. Secretly hoping I can get to the Derby between Hannover and Braunschweig. Seen Videos from the one a couple weeks ago and looks great. Had heard that about Wolfsburg so will try to make sure to spend little time there.

I did a triple header last September flying in and out of Hamburg.

Fri - werder bremen v Augsburg
Sat - Hannover v Eintracht Braunschweig (game and pre match match to the stadium was incredible. Defo recommend if you get the chance).
Sun - St Pauli v Sandhausen

Daytripped Wolfsburg from Berlin years ago for Wolfsburg v Hamburg.

I did a triple header last September flying in and out of Hamburg.

Fri - werder bremen v Augsburg
Sat - Hannover v Eintracht Braunschweig (game and pre match match to the stadium was incredible. Defo recommend if you get the chance).
Sun - St Pauli v Sandhausen

Daytripped Wolfsburg from Berlin years ago for Wolfsburg v Hamburg.
Yeah, Derby between Hannover and Braunschweig is one I definitely want to do in the next couple years if possible. Will hopefully couple it with Wolfsburg, but could begrudge going to Bremen as a Hamburg follower.

Yeah, Derby between Hannover and Braunschweig is one I definitely want to do in the next couple years if possible. Will hopefully couple it with Wolfsburg, but could begrudge going to Bremen as a Hamburg follower.

Yeah, my very first game over in Germany was Hamburg in 2014. Always had a soft spot for them but in the end, i became addicted to German trips, German football and getting round the grounds. Going to St Pauli last year was a really weird one for me but had to be done. Now on 34 German games in 31 different stadiums. Got this in my garage.

image uploader

Yeah, my very first game over in Germany was Hamburg in 2014. Always had a soft spot for them but in the end, i became addicted to German trips, German football and getting round the grounds. Going to St Pauli last year was a really weird one for me but had to be done. Now on 34 German games in 31 different stadiums. Got this in my garage.

image uploader
That’s very cool. Caught the bug this year as mentioned above. Buzzing to do more in the next few years.

Finishes 1-1 with Eintracht and Bochum. Frankfurt the better team and arguably deserved to win. Kolo Muani is going to be a monster of a player in coming years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back