Archive Bundesliga and Bundesliga 2 22/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I flew over late Friday night, back early this morning (Ryanair £19.98 return flights from Edinburgh) for Bochum v Hertha Berlin.

Brilliant game of football yesterday, Hertha started brightly then Bochum just completely took over. Stadium was rocking.

I have a thread on here somewhere with various German games on it. I'll need to find it and add games from last year and yesterday.

Now on 30 German grounds and 17/18 in the Bundesliga. Flights booked for Freiburg in March but not confident of getting tickets.

I flew over late Friday night, back early this morning (Ryanair £19.98 return flights from Edinburgh) for Bochum v Hertha Berlin.

Brilliant game of football yesterday, Hertha started brightly then Bochum just completely took over. Stadium was rocking.

I have a thread on here somewhere with various German games on it. I'll need to find it and add games from last year and yesterday.

Now on 30 German grounds and 17/18 in the Bundesliga. Flights booked for Freiburg in March but not confident of getting tickets.

Always thought Bochum is one of the better cities in Germany. Great location and there's always stuff going on.

I'm in the Yellow Wall for the Freiburg game in two weeks time. Hope BVB have saved some goals!

Gutted I missed that Dortmund game.

They’re such a weird team, spent millions “improving” their defence and still shift goals.

I went to the old Freiburg ground and it was special, great setting. Go to a place called Martins Brauhaus, lovely food and drink mate. It’s the new Freiburg one and Hoffenheim I ain’t been to in the Bundesliga. Going to Bielefeld in a few weeks and then on to Basel, train from Düsseldorf - I did consider stopping in Freiburg to watch them at 15:30 and then go to Basel for their 20:30 match, don’t think I’ll bother though as it does seem hard for tickets and I want to see a bit of Basel. What’s been the worst one in Bundesliga you’ve done? I’m not in any rush to do Hoffenheim like, it’s going to be there forever and there is basically nothing near the ground?

If anyone has any advice for bars in Bielefeld it would be welcome please.

I went to the old Freiburg ground and it was special, great setting. Go to a place called Martins Brauhaus, lovely food and drink mate. It’s the new Freiburg one and Hoffenheim I ain’t been to in the Bundesliga. Going to Bielefeld in a few weeks and then on to Basel, train from Düsseldorf - I did consider stopping in Freiburg to watch them at 15:30 and then go to Basel for their 20:30 match, don’t think I’ll bother though as it does seem hard for tickets and I want to see a bit of Basel. What’s been the worst one in Bundesliga you’ve done? I’m not in any rush to do Hoffenheim like, it’s going to be there forever and there is basically nothing near the ground?

I didn't mind hoffenheim to be fair (we went to Hoffenheim v Bayern so stadium was actually full). I enjoyed walking around sinheim and hoffenheim on day of the game. Tiny wee villages,especially hoffenheim. I enjoyed drinking in tiny wee old man type pubs and the locals were friendly enough.

Hard to pick a worst in top flight, always enjoyed exploring the cities and grabbing a few beers pre match. Ain't much in Leverkusen but I did that in December so plenty of xmas markets to wander round etc.

99.9%sure there is a Bielefeld fan on this forum btw.

@Arminius

I didn't mind hoffenheim to be fair (we went to Hoffenheim v Bayern so stadium was actually full). I enjoyed walking around sinheim and hoffenheim on day of the game. Tiny wee villages,especially hoffenheim. I enjoyed drinking in tiny wee old man type pubs and the locals were friendly enough.

Hard to pick a worst in top flight, always enjoyed exploring the cities and grabbing a few beers pre match. Ain't much in Leverkusen but I did that in December so plenty of xmas markets to wander round etc.

Wolfsburg is a bit duff aint it, not much nearby. Quite liked the Stadium mind. That’s what I always try and get in really, fan pubs or kneipes. I’ve always had the impression there was nothing at Sinsheim, expected a train station and the stadium in all honesty, sounds better though. Know what you mean about Leverkusen, luckily got in their Ultras pub by coincidence and Ulf Kirsten came in and had a few beers with them all.

Some cheap flights kicking about at minute. I saw one way to Berlin for March for £18 other day, a Friday at about 18:00 from Edinburgh.

Wolfsburg is a bit duff aint it, not much nearby. Quite liked the Stadium mind. That’s what I always try and get in really, fan pubs or kneipes. I’ve always had the impression there was nothing at Sinsheim, expected a train station and the stadium in all honesty, sounds better though. Know what you mean about Leverkusen, luckily got in their Ultras pub by coincidence and Ulf Kirsten came in and had a few beers with them all.

Some cheap flights kicking about at minute. I saw one way to Berlin for March for £18 other day, a Friday at about 18:00 from Edinburgh.

Aye, Wolfsburg was another we did in December so went round the volkswagen Christmas Market thing. If that wasn't there, it would have been a struggle, like leverkusen, to keep busy.

I’ll get back to you Wazza.

We normally stop off at the big square near the ground for summer matches. Open air stuff but there’s a great wee bar that all the Bielefeld fans go to a wee bit further away from the ground. Great atmosphere in there and the staff and punters are brand new. They’ll make anyone visiting and supporting Arminia really welcome. I just can’t remember the name of the pub. Im contacting a couple of the German lads and I’ll get back to you later.

P.s. I’m just a wee bit busy watching Darvel humiliating the sheep right now. LoL

I’ve PM’d you

Bayern have sacked their goalie coach, Toni Tapalovic. He joined with Neuer from Schalke and helped pioneer the whole sweeper keeper concept. Supposedly didn't see eye to eye with Nagelsmann.

Incredible first half. Schalke lucky to only be 4-0 down! Look certs to be relegated.

RB look superb under Rose, wonder if they can challenge Bayern for the title?!

Drove past Hoffenheim's ground on the supporters bus trip to Nurmberg back in October. One of the grounds I could get to from Mannheim via public transport, but strangely it's way behind repeat visits to Waldhof Mannheim and Karlsruhe. Also rather visit Darmstadt, Kaiserslautern and possibly Saarbrucken first. Or even Wiesbaden. Saw the arse end of the Max Morlock as it's back to back with Nurmberg's ice hockey arena.

Drove past Hoffenheim's ground on the supporters bus trip to Nurmberg back in October. One of the grounds I could get to from Mannheim via public transport, but strangely it's way behind repeat visits to Waldhof Mannheim and Karlsruhe. Also rather visit Darmstadt, Kaiserslautern and possibly Saarbrucken first. Or even Wiesbaden. Saw the arse end of the Max Morlock as it's back to back with Nurmberg's ice hockey arena.
new stadium to visit at Darmstadt as well

new stadium to visit at Darmstadt as well

It's convenience and distance for me. Main reason I go to Germany is the hockey and I'll always be based primarily in Mannheim. So a German football game for me has to be within about an hour travel of Mannheim. That still gives me a good 8 clubs or so to go to between Bundesliga 1 and 3. Liga. Only other requirement beyond that is that I can access the grounds via rail/tram connections. ICE, IC or S-Bahn and either a tram or a walk to the ground. I can't be doing with having to plan for buses.

Bayern have sacked their goalie coach, Toni Tapalovic. He joined with Neuer from Schalke and helped pioneer the whole sweeper keeper concept. Supposedly didn't see eye to eye with Nagelsmann.

Would be hard seeing eye to eye with that absolute melt.

I don't view much Bundesliga but enjoyed this yesterday. Will likely watch Freiburg-Frankfurt today. Good to see the title race relatively tight.

[Derek Rae's Germish/Denglish commentary is rather jarring, though.]

It’s quite educational but also fucking cringeworthy.

Leverkusen v BVB should be a good one tomorrow at 16:30, fancy a home win there.

Union winning today would be a big win, one side who really needed that Xmas break.

How can you tell which German games are going to be free on YouTube?
They seem to be random with that, in the sky sports football app “live action” it shows the matches they’ve shown live - doesn’t seem to be any real pattern to it. Don’t seem to be showing one this weekend.

9 points from 17 games... dismal! Punters still seemed to be out in force against Leipzig during the week.
They still get great crowds, still got over 150,000 members. Think that makes them 4th now in Germany, for a while they were second. I’ve read a fair few articles about it all and it always boils down to being in debt basically. This 50+1 doesn’t always work well over there.

Bayern have returned from winter break / world cup with 3 draws in a row and don't look great.

Meanwhile, RB leipzig have shot up the table.

Are we gonna see a title race this season?

Bayern have returned from winter break / world cup with 3 draws in a row and don't look great.

Meanwhile, RB leipzig have shot up the table.

Are we gonna see a title race this season?
I think we might. He was a great appointment Rose for them, got them playing really well, made an instant impact and just getting stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back