Bury FC phoenix club

Friendly games are being announced and two at Gigg Lane will be Bradford City and Preston North End

And here is the list of friendlies

A) Thackley (double header with Bury FC Women): 1st July

(A) Hyde United: 4th July

(H) 1874 Northwich: 11 July

(A) Macclesfield: 15th July

(H) Stockport Town: 18th July

And here is the list of friendlies

A) Thackley (double header with Bury FC Women): 1st July

(A) Hyde United: 4th July

(H) 1874 Northwich: 11 July

(A) Macclesfield: 15th July

(H) Stockport Town: 18th July
The official list has now appeared

So here it is in full, YOUR 23/24 pre-season schedule.
️

@ThackleyAFC
️

@hydeunited
1f3e0.svg

@officialbantams
1f3e0.svg

@pnefc
1f3e0.svg

@1874Northwich
️

@thesilkmen
1f3e0.svg

@StockportTownFC
1f3e0.svg

@golcarunited

The pre season for the new season begins today - away at Thackley, as part of a Thank you to Thackley for allowing Tom Greaves, our GOAT at Bury AFC and Chippy Chippendale, to return and play for us again at the end of last season whilst being Thackley players.

For the new season, as a conclusion of the merger of the two community benefit societies to form the new Football Supporters Society of Bury FSSB, which has brought Gigg Lane and Bury AFC together, the Bury AFC have been renamed as Bury FC

So moving forward, Bury FC are at Gigg Lane

Here is more about the coming season

The pre season for the new season begins today - away at Thackley, as part of a Thank you to Thackley for allowing Tom Greaves, our GOAT at Bury AFC and Chippy Chippendale, to return and play for us again at the end of last season whilst being Thackley players.

For the new season, as a conclusion of the merger of the two community benefit societies to form the new Football Supporters Society of Bury FSSB, which has brought Gigg Lane and Bury AFC together, the Bury AFC have been renamed as Bury FC

So moving forward, Bury FC are at Gigg Lane

Here is more about the coming season

Many players given a game resulting in a 0 - 3 victory for Bury.

The initial fixtures have been made
For interest can be found here

The initial fixtures have been made
For interest can be found here

Bit disappointing that they don't/can't put out the whole season for planning ahead.

Bit disappointing that they don't/can't put out the whole season for planning ahead.
Hi Jimmy
I think it is dependent on some other higher up league fixtures being rolled out and then where ground sharing is an issue can be sorted
So the list will happen, but initially this is the best they can offer

Election of new Football Supporters Society of Bury notification is out

I will be down for the Bradford/Preston games.
The first games back at Gigg Lane in the pre season friendlies are this coming weekend
Hoping Jimmy has a great time

Bury's first home friendly at Gigg Lane was against Bradford City, with a restricted crowd limit of just over 2000, a successful demonstration that our volunteers could run a game at the stadium.
Bradford showed their quality with a 6 - 0 victory, but it gave Bury a good run out against better opponents.
The report is here

On Sunday, Bury played their 2nd home friendly against a Preston North End XI, again with a limited crowd, this time the visitors winning 3 - 0
A good experience for the Bury team against Football League opponents, and another game under the belt for the brilliant volunteers who made the fixture happen

The highlights from the Macclesfield game are included in this link for tonights friendly game against Stockport Town

The rest of the fixtures have now been sorted

The new season starts on Saturday

Bury AFC have changed name to Bury FC and are playing at Gigg Lane

It will be a tough season as several clubs have the pedigree to win the league, but none will have our wonderful support

Over 1400 season tickets have been sold and it appears over 3000 will attend the first game at Gigg on Saturday

Not a bad achievement for a tier 9 club

Just need some sunshine

The new season starts on Saturday

Bury AFC have changed name to Bury FC and are playing at Gigg Lane

It will be a tough season as several clubs have the pedigree to win the league, but none will have our wonderful support

Over 1400 season tickets have been sold and it appears over 3000 will attend the first game at Gigg on Saturday

Not a bad achievement for a tier 9 club

Just need some sunshine

Now sold over 1500 season tickets
Expecting 5000 crowd today

I will be there

Down from Scotland for the game
Not missing this even though still a tad nervous about affording Gigg lane in the 9th tier of English football.
NOTHING is spoiling today, even the headache from last night's reunion with old friends is already gone

Enjoyed that, mate. Great to see you all back at Gigg lane watching Bury FC.

That strike from Nsaka was a belter btw.
That was a really good goal and he meant it.
Some good performances today, skillful wingers and Benito Lowe looks a quality player

Very best of luck to my 2nd team, @GTshaker1903 and all the Bury FC fans for the season ahead, great to see you back home and playing at Gigg lane.
Thanks again
It was an impressive display on Saturday and there are so many favourite players to choose from
Exciting football, it is like being reborn, but then you Gers get it, having already been through it
Thanks so much for your amazing support

Good luck to bury. Loved my time down there for the lee Rigby memorial game.
Glad you got to that game, there have been further improvements to the ground with more to come
It was a terriffic atmosphere yesterday with the side and end full of fans
Plenty of room for progress, but a really enjoyable start
Thanks for your support

Seen the little feature on North West Tonight. Real community club, with people working hard weeding and painting, getting the ground ready. That’s real football - not the endless pots of Saudi cash version. I wish Bury FC all the very best for the season.
Thanks again for your support
There has been a phenominal effort by volunteers to make the first home game of the season such a success
I dont know how they manage it but i am grateful that they do
We have got off to a very good start and i hope Rangers get off to a flyer too
Thanks so much

Benito Lowe sounds like someone from football manager from the 1980s. Cool name. And what a great first goal he scored. Bury seems a great wee club. Good luck this season. Think Bury are now my English team due to your reports on here. Well done. You are a proper supporter and great ambassador for your club.

Glad you got to that game, there have been further improvements to the ground with more to come
It was a terriffic atmosphere yesterday with the side and end full of fans
Plenty of room for progress, but a really enjoyable start
Thanks for your support
I enjoyed that day out as well. A proper ground and you feel the real sense of community. I hope to make it through to a couple of games this season.

Benito Lowe sounds like someone from football manager from the 1980s. Cool name. And what a great first goal he scored. Bury seems a great wee club. Good luck this season. Think Bury are now my English team due to your reports on here. Well done. You are a proper supporter and great ambassador for your club.
Really glad that you show an interest, it is very humbling
I lost my love of football for a while but Bury AFC emerging during the pandemic and surprisingly Rangers winning your 55th has rekindled my spirit and yesterday at Gigg Lane was very uplifting
And yes Benito Lowe has that confident swagger to go with his goal scoring, he will be an idol for many i am sure

The league games continue tonight with an away game at Colne

Aside from the game I've always wanted to go to Colne, seems they have a great blue's music festival every year.
Onto Bury hopefully you have a great season, I'm sure gigg lane will be buzzing

A good 1 - 3 away victory
Hope to post the highlights soon

Back