Clancy ref for Sunday

His refusal to send Bolingoli off is genuinely hilarious. The most blatant yellow card you'll ever get.
I've never seen a foul given in the defenders favour when he's behind the striker and pulls him down, except on that day.

Should never have been allowed to referee a celtic game after his last derby performance. Would say almost all of Scotland's poorest referees are just crap with nothing sinister in their decision making but Clancy is a cheat. The quick video posted on here from his last of game should have been enough to sack him. Two separate incidents of shirt pulling in the box, penalty for celtic, nothing for us. Should have been three sending offs for celtic players, ended up in 2 free kick for us without a second yellow and a free kick for them when it should have been a straight red, other examples of them being late in the challenge and getting the free kick. Their goal coming directly off the hand of their player and lets not forget what the video doesn't show, they got roughly a couple minutes extra on top of the added time. Every big decision went their way and we still won, that should have been the kind of performance that won us the league, what happened after that i'm not sure any of us will ever understand but Clancy was a disgrace that day.

Hopefully at the pre match presser.
“This match is shown all over the world and far to many times,replays show up embarrassing decisions being made by officials.
Without the use of VAR, hopefully the officials can referee the game to their best and totally minimise the chance of their mistakes or strange decisions being shown repeatedly all over the world.

SG could do with making some announcement pre match to the effect he will be watching officials closely, expects a professional approach given their past performances.
The crowd too need to be on Clancy's case from the start.

We have to be punished for not bowing at the feet of Herr Doncaster.

As a great man once said.

" I am never happier than when the outside world has us beaten before a ball is kicked - for then i know the greatness of our club will be revealed "

Bring it on.

We have to be punished for not bowing at the feet of Herr Doncaster.

As a great man once said.

" I am never happier than when the outside world has us beaten before a ball is kicked - for then i know the greatness of our club will be revealed "

Bring it on.
Who?

Should have been kicked out the game after that performance at the piggery, worst cheating openly displayed throughout by a ref in a Scottish match ever.

Should have been kicked out the game after that performance at the piggery, worst cheating openly displayed throughout by a ref in a Scottish match ever.
Not sure ,craig thomsons had a lot against us and for them, the bold Craig's attempts for St mirren v 9 man gers to lift the league Cup were scuppered by a fantastic header by Kenny Miller.

Absolutely sickening that this cheating little scum bag is going to be in charge. Clancy should never be near another game let alone an Old Firm after that performance.

Still vividly recall his refereeing performance at the piggery - truly it was beyond the pale, easily one of the most disgraceful attempts at match officiating that I have ever seen.

I was particularly disappointed that Rangers didn't kick up more of a stink afterwards. There was ample evidence to demonstrate incompetence, or more likely, naked bias on Clancy's part that any objective body of opinion would have severely sanctioned him for his appalling performance.

In the last 3 seasons he’s officiated 14 games for each club. 22 yellows and one red for us, 19 yellows no reds for them. Morelos highest with 4 combined. Mcgregor their highest current player with 2.

Clancy has refereed 31 games involving Rangers (as far as I can see)

17 wins, 6 draws (including one against Montrose) and 8 defeats. Those defeats included a Ramsden Cup Final defeat against Raith Rovers and a league Cup tie under Warburton where we made O'Halloran look like a superstar. Our last defeat was in March 2019 against Aberdeen in a Scottish Cup replay.

He has refereed 2 games against them - we have won them both.

Yes, he is shite. Indeed on a whole different level than the rest of the officials but stats would indicate he is nothing more than that. That's obviously not going through every decision that he has got wrong in that period.

I vowed not to enter these threads but I'm only here to see the usual suspects foaming at the mouth.. . *insert popcorn gif*
Three games against Them refereed by Clancy. Three Rangers victories.

Tbh, thought that was his best ever refereeing performance when officiating us. Incredibly low bar right enough, didn't get much wrong today.

I’d still like us to call the utter cretin out,along with his choir boy best mate that runs the line,very quick with the whistle when it’s one of them getting fouled,and that chance in the first half for shite Frenchman was well off side

bit odd that someones first thought after such a great result is to bump this thread, players and management deserve the credit not a ref actually being quite fair for once.

There were a few crunching tackles
I thought were fouls but he played on. Seeing replays he was correct.

thought his performance was actually decent

Back