Clancy ref for Sunday

As usual we've a board full of defeatists before a ball is kicked. If the players had this attitude we'd lose by a cartload. As is the case with every game, if we're up for it we'll win. The players know that discipline in this game is vital.

His full back catalogue.

2 wins from 10 back in the day.

I still remember his first match and the thread that night laughing at this guy marching about looking highly uncomfortable to be at Ibrox

That’ll be the Tim’s with a penalty before the games even kicked off. Wouldn’t be surprised if he sent alfie off for absolutely nothing, classic Clancy move.

Morelos red card, an offside goal for celtic, stone wall pen denied for us.
%^*& the refs. They don’t put the ball in the net…
Just do it Rangers. Massive game. 3 points is a must. The team has the ability to steady HMS Rangers over the next 2 games before the international break.

Hopefuly we comment on his previous performance at Parkhead. Disgraceful appointment, he should never have been given another game against them. He is a cheat and a brazen one at that.

Entirely predictable. Let’s make sure whatever he does has no bearing on the result Rangers. Just hammer them and put them back in their box.

Worth nothing that Beaton if fourth official on Sunday which will probably mean he’ll ref the new year game at the Chamber of Secrets.

Great.

Might not be so bad at least everyone is watching him closely after the last time, i think it would be quite incredible if a ref actually went out and performed in the same way twice in a row in such a huge fixture... not saying its impossible but i doubt hes that crazy to do it again at Ibrox.

The first booking to Rangers and the tactical fouls Celtic get away with will happen anyway, we know that, its so important our defenders are careful going near their new superstar striker as you will see plenty of cards this season even for tackles on kyogo which clearly win the ball.

Biggest cheating performance at the paedo dome I’ve seen from a ref. We need to be at our best again as we know the dirty bastard will be against us.

Tims will be delighted with that they're favourite ref. Should never been allowed to referee another one of these games after his performance in December 2019.
I suppose the positive from it is when we gub them they cannot come out with ref conspiracy, we just need to concentrate on ourselves if we turn up I do not think they will get close, put them back in their place

Referee
Kevin Clancy

AR1
David McGeachie

AR2
Frank Connor

Fourth Official
John Beaton
Wasnt Connor the one who never flagged the offside goal in LCF ?

Was always gonna be Clancy, as he not done one in a while , and they havent beaten us for a few games !

I suppose the positive from it is when we gub them they cannot come out with ref conspiracy, we just need to concentrate on ourselves if we turn up I do not think they will get close, put them back in their place
Are you sure about that in the diseased mind of your average celtic supporter everything is a conspiracy.

Are you sure about that in the diseased mind of your average celtic supporter everything is a conspiracy.
all we are hearing now is this mob is on fire after a couple of results, not a sending off against st mirren,and disallowed goal that was never offside, all the decisions going their way let's see how the world beaters perform against a better quality team that can hurt them, i have always maintained after 60 mins they are dead on their feet

Worst display of cheating from a ref I have ever seen. I'll never forget it.
Totally agree. I don’t think he even tried to hide it.

And did that Connor not also stop us taking a short corner in last game against them at Ibrox? Whoever the linesman was he saw we had a great chance to attack as the filth’s nearest player was away back in the box. Linesman just quickly stood over the ball. Was it Kent or Davis I think who couldn’t believe what was actually happening. Another mental decision of cheating against us.

That's the celtc kitman having to bring a couple of extra shirts of shame looking at those officials.

After his last performance, Beale and Culshaw were punished (Hibs game just before it too was rolled into it).

Rangers appealed. Then COVID came.

Was that appeal ever heard? Did we just accept it?

It was dismissed.............a year later!

Appellate Tribunal Update | Rangers FC​

Thursday 7 January 2021
Alleged Party in Breach: Rangers FC

Charge 1:

Match:
Hibernian FC v Rangers FC

Date: Friday 20 December 2019

Competition: Scottish Premiership

Disciplinary Rule allegedly breached:
Disciplinary Rule 204 - All Clubs and recognised football bodies shall procure that its officials, Team Staff, employees and players conduct themselves in an orderly fashion at all times during and/or after a match. In particular, Clubs and recognised football bodies are responsible for ensuring that its officials, Team Staff, employees and players refrain from any one or a combination of the following: (a) becoming involved in a confrontation (b) conduct that is likely to lead to or to exacerbate or prolong a hostile or argumentative situation with players and/or team staff from the opposing team and/or match officials (c) conduct that may otherwise incite disorder.

Charge 2:

Match:
Celtic FC v Rangers FC

Date: Sunday 29 December 2019

Competition: Scottish Premiership

Disciplinary Rule allegedly breached:
Disciplinary Rule 204 - All Clubs and recognised football bodies shall procure that its officials, Team Staff, employees and players conduct themselves in an orderly fashion at all times during and/or after a match. In particular, Clubs and recognised football bodies are responsible for ensuring that its officials, Team Staff, employees and players refrain from any one or a combination of the following: (a) becoming involved in a confrontation (b) conduct that is likely to lead to or to exacerbate or prolong a hostile or argumentative situation with players and/or team staff from the opposing team and/or match officials (c) conduct that may otherwise incite disorder.

Principal hearing date: Tuesday 18 February 2020

Disciplinary Tribunal Outcome:

Charge 1 –
Proved under deletion

Sanction - £5000 fine, £3000 immediate and £2000 suspended until End of Season 2019/20

Charge 2 – Proved

Sanction - £10, 000 fine, £7000 immediate and £3000 suspended until End of Season 2019/20

Appeals hearing date: Wednesday 16 December 2020

Appellate Tribunal Outcome:

• Appeal dismissed.
  • The Appellate Tribunal affirms the decision of the Disciplinary Tribunal.

Last edited:
all we are hearing now is this mob is on fire after a couple of results, not a sending off against st mirren,and disallowed goal that was never offside, all the decisions going their way let's see how the world beaters perform against a better quality team that can hurt them, i have always maintained after 60 mins they are dead on their feet
We really need to put them in their place on Sunday scottie.even with clancy as the ref.and Beaton as the fourth official.

I’m hoping the players still think we’ve got a chance on Sunday.
No one said we didnt i actually really fancy Rangers to hit form and win and id say that whoever the ref is, talking about the ref and his previous performances and behaviour is not making excuses for losing before the game its just debate on how he will do this time.

You obviously believe hes honest and wont have much say on who wins the game fair enough, i would agree with the 2nd part need to play very well to win anyway as this is a different Celtic side with a lot of confidence and belief now.

I

Back