How do you see the rest of the season unfolding?

How the season pans out depends upon the players mentality. I hope they are hurting like I am right now. If they can take this shitty feeling and use it to make sure they don't experience it again any time soon we will win the league. If not this season will drift away like the last one. I hope to feck it's the former.

I really, really worry about the next few weeks. We’re wounded and have a massive game Thursday then 2 always vs Motherwell and Hibs. I have very little faith in this team to get through those 3. If they don’t, season over.
Yes, I'm surprised so many posts putting the onus on the 29th.
We're away to two form teams prior to the piggery. Its difficult to predict if our players will pick themselves up after today's agony.

Well done Uber Staunch.

Pessimists win nothing and do nothing.

I know you don’t think we’ll win the title. But suppose you’re wrong. Imagine we do win it. How do you think it unfolds from this point?

Do we crywank ourselves from now until the Piggery and then put in a meek performance and lose?

Or do you put in another shift like today and actually get a result?

We have to make this happen. Today we almost did.

We must keep going.

Today was hard to take but keep your chin up.

I said previously there was a lot more to be won and lost today than the trophy. That them winning will allow them to keep that aura of invincibility whilst simultaneously allowing everyone to continue to question our mentality.

I have to say, given the way it actually unfolded I fear this could be a lot more damaging than I ever thought. It’s one thing to lose, it’s another thing to lose to a team who barely had a shot, with a penalty miss and several clear chances thrown in too.

The reality is the scum probably feel invincible now, whereas our guys probably feel like they can’t and won’t win. And let’s be honest, after the penalty miss they played like a team of losers. We got worse and never really looked like getting back in it despite having 20 minutes left with a goal advantage.

I’m a natural pessimist, but I feel like even the most optimistic of fans would struggle to have faith in this team winning the title (or the SC for that matter) now (of course that doesn’t mean it can’t or won’t happen). But what can we do but continue to support the team and hope that something gives.
We played them off the park today and they also got the be nefit of an offside goal and foster being well off his line at the penalty.So yes we have to look at ourselves for not killing the game in the first half,there are positives to be taken although it dissent feel like it just now.

I have my doubts as to what we'll do for the rest of the season.
Second certainly, but imo that's it.

The remote option of us bringing in a January signing who will lead us on-field would be nice.
But unlikely.

However, there's no doubt that this team is missing a beating heart, a solid core that will run and fight and win.

Until we finally get that back in our colours, I don't see us winning any trophies.

I see us being neck and neck for title then cheated by officials

After today with bad officiating, after their late winner against Hamilton that should not have stood, I dont think anything else

Badly. We have players and management who don't have a clue how to beat them. We'll finish 5 - 7 points behind in the league and maybe get to the semi or final of the SC where we'll capitulate to them yet again. We're also going out of Europe this week, since this mob can't even be trusted to get a draw when it matters. I've seen far, far better Rangers teams than this lot lose when it counts.

We are now the Atletico to their Real - small time mentality and no hope of catching them.
Get a fúcking grip

I have seen this movie before. Unless we can go on a run of epic proportions we are NOT winning the league imho.

As gutting as today is, and it is just about as gutting as it gets, I think we will take a huge amount from it. We go to their pit at the end of the year and we really need a win. Today proved we have the measure of them, absolutely, and if we can get a goal, get in front and beat them, we will push on. I have to believe that is how it will go because, well, the alternative is the same capitulation that so many bangers on here seem to want to give.

With the current team, it will be close but no cigar again. We are still a little short of quality and leadership on the park. We are getting closer though. If Gerard is bold, we are still in with a shout of winning something.

I think today will galvanise us. We now know we are not inferior to that mob in our players minds. Goalkeepers won’t have games like that every week. I think we can use the hurt from today to spur us on to put it right. I’ll say we win the league with 2 games to spare and every chance of the Scottish too. We will beat young boys on Thursday too.

I said previously there was a lot more to be won and lost today than the trophy. That them winning will allow them to keep that aura of invincibility whilst simultaneously allowing everyone to continue to question our mentality.

I have to say, given the way it actually unfolded I fear this could be a lot more damaging than I ever thought. It’s one thing to lose, it’s another thing to lose to a team who barely had a shot, with a penalty miss and several clear chances thrown in too.

The reality is the scum probably feel invincible now, whereas our guys probably feel like they can’t and won’t win. And let’s be honest, after the penalty miss they played like a team of losers. We got worse and never really looked like getting back in it despite having 20 minutes left with a goal advantage.

I’m a natural pessimist, but I feel like even the most optimistic of fans would struggle to have faith in this team winning the title (or the SC for that matter) now (of course that doesn’t mean it can’t or won’t happen). But what can we do but continue to support the team and hope that something gives.
We will win the title. We are better than them and we will prove it

Not well. This a team of bottle merchants and serial losers. Fucking sick of the lot of them

Need to win on 29th and after that, while I know we have the ability I'm not sure we have the bottle.

We're all low tonight. Perhaps better to consider things in a few days

It's amazing how many fans just give up, we done everything bar stick the ball in the net, we destroyed them from start to finish and we are on the right path.

Ffs we are 2 points behind them, they want us to fold but we can't

Pathetic arseholes on here

Last edited:
I can only see that lot will winning the treble unfortunately.
We need an answer at the shitpit. A defeat will see us crumble IMHO.

Pumped out the Europa league on Thursday, pumped at parkhead after Christmas, finish the year 12 points adrift in second place.

I don’t think they can honestly believe they beat us today with such a dismal performance. . They will regroup and put on a totally different show against us on the 29th.
One thing is for sure, we need to come away from that fixture with at least a point.

Honestly no idea, I hope we'll do the business in Thursday, will we though?

We'll plug along in the league, until the next intense pressure game and blow it imo. Sorry if that's unstaunch but we've seen it countless times now.

My concern is our bench is generally uninspiring. Ojo and Barker aren't going to turn a game around we lack a natural number 10, Aribo doesn't seem like one but I do like him.

So unless these get corrected I see the rest of the season as close but no cigar.

Huge few weeks ahead, culminating in the Glasgow derby on the 28th.

We end the year any further behind than 2 points and I fear heads will drop.

Huge question marks about this teams ability to handle the crunch games still linger

We're clearly better than them.

We clearly aren't. They came to Ibrox, played poorly and still beat us comfortably. Today they were awful and still won.

We still shit the bed when we go top of the league and surrender 2 goal leads to utter junk like Aberdeen.

There is no way this side are winning at Easter Road, Fir Park and the piggery in the next few weeks. They also have an extra league game so we will head into the winter break at a minimum of 5 behind them.

This squad don't have it in them to win a trophy this season.

Maybe a wake up call for a few players who may might be destined to win nothing. You can pass the ball around all day but unless you get it in the net then you will never win. We need to move the ball quicker and be more clinical as soon as we start passing side to side we dont seem to know what to do with the ball.

I think if SG can get a decent sports pyschologist in and do some work on these players then we can win the league. Some will have to go unfortunately though.

That game will do damage that won't become apparent for a while.
Today was the day to put things right, popcorns teeth team selection was bizarre as was his half time substitution , we utterly rag dolled them and were on the back foot right from the off.
They will not have the same team when we play them in a couple of weeks

The problem now is we have a difficult run of games to overcome before the end of the month. Young Boys, Motherwell and Hibs. If we can have a positive outcome from these 3 I’m confident we will bounce back from this.

It's amazing how many fans just give us, we done everything bar stick the ball in the net, we destroyed them from start to finish and we are on the right path.

Ffs we are 2 points behind them, they want us to fold but we can't

Pathetic arseholes on here

Totally, some of the "well known members"on here are nothing but shiteb@gs.

We'll finish second. The mentality required just isnt there to be champions.

Our mentality wasn't bad today imo. You need a bit of luck in 1 off cup finals and nothing seemed to go right. Their keeper will probably never have a game like that again and of all my years following rangers I've never seen a 1 sided final v them like that.

Our mentality wasn't bad today imo. You need a bit of luck in 1 off cup finals and nothing seemed to go right. Their keeper will probably never have a game like that again and of all my years following rangers I've never seen a 1 sided final v them like that.
Apart from the Jack save, I'd expect any keeper to have saved the rest. All hit straight at him. Morelos was always missing that penalty.

Back