How do you see the rest of the season unfolding?

We dominated that game, their goalkeeper played a blinder and we should have won.
Ok I'm gutted now but lets use this, we know we can beat them they hardly laid a glove on us.

Badly. We have players and management who don't have a clue how to beat them. We'll finish 5 - 7 points behind in the league and maybe get to the semi or final of the SC where we'll capitulate to them yet again. We're also going out of Europe this week, since this mob can't even be trusted to get a draw when it matters. I've seen far, far better Rangers teams than this lot lose when it counts.

We are now the Atletico to their Real - small time mentality and no hope of catching them.

Did the two home OF games last season pass you by or something?

Despite how today went I just get a gut feeling that this team has a bit more about them and will use it to motivate them, I think we’ll still do ok this season.

I said previously there was a lot more to be won and lost today than the trophy. That them winning will allow them to keep that aura of invincibility whilst simultaneously allowing everyone to continue to question our mentality.

I have to say, given the way it actually unfolded I fear this could be a lot more damaging than I ever thought. It’s one thing to lose, it’s another thing to lose to a team who barely had a shot, with a penalty miss and several clear chances thrown in too.

The reality is the scum probably feel invincible now, whereas our guys probably feel like they can’t and won’t win. And let’s be honest, after the penalty miss they played like a team of losers. We got worse and never really looked like getting back in it despite having 20 minutes left with a goal advantage.

I’m a natural pessimist, but I feel like even the most optimistic of fans would struggle to have faith in this team winning the title (or the SC for that matter) now (of course that doesn’t mean it can’t or won’t happen). But what can we do but continue to support the team and hope that something gives.
Its fucked.

Alfie needs to have the game of his life at the end of December. If he gets his goal against them and we win it could set us up nicely for the second half of the season.

A confident and pi**ed off Alfie could do wonders for the whole squad.

However, if we lose or even draw I think they’ll end up coasting to the title again.

We cannot allow that performance today to define our season, we need to take it as a massive learning curve and kick the f**k on.

i have to say i have concerns this could eat away at some of our team ,and we may see them retreating into their shell,make no mistake at all, the way today unfolded will have a big effect on our teams belief and mentality,,thursday night if we dont score early and fans get restless certainly wont help,

It's tough to be anything other than wholly pessimistic so soon after such a devastating defeat. The damage it's done won't be apparent for a while yet.
Right now I feel it will have a big impact on the rest of the season. Up to the players to prove me wrong.

We’re better than them, with half the season still to go we’ll make up ground and be well in with a shout to win the league.

The comments on here are a disgrace and very unbecoming of a so called loyal.

I’ll always back my teams and keep the faith. I’d hate to have been in the ditches with some of you lot.

WATP.

I said previously there was a lot more to be won and lost today than the trophy. That them winning will allow them to keep that aura of invincibility whilst simultaneously allowing everyone to continue to question our mentality.

I have to say, given the way it actually unfolded I fear this could be a lot more damaging than I ever thought. It’s one thing to lose, it’s another thing to lose to a team who barely had a shot, with a penalty miss and several clear chances thrown in too.

The reality is the scum probably feel invincible now, whereas our guys probably feel like they can’t and won’t win. And let’s be honest, after the penalty miss they played like a team of losers. We got worse and never really looked like getting back in it despite having 20 minutes left with a goal advantage.

I’m a natural pessimist, but I feel like even the most optimistic of fans would struggle to have faith in this team winning the title (or the SC for that matter) now (of course that doesn’t mean it can’t or won’t happen). But what can we do but continue to support the team and hope that something gives.

Ten, Twenty, Thity grand a week and feel like they can't win ? Then they need chased. They can bead big teams in Europe and they have beat this mob already...we were far better than them today and lost, sowe just crawl under a rock ?

We get off our knees and fvckin win the next game !

I thought if we lost today our season would fall away but given the manner of the defeat I think we can keep our heads up and be confident of beating them in the league.

Today (and to a lesser extent the sheep game) was a huge psychological blow to us. I said on here last week a defeat would hurt us mentally and I’m even more convinced of that due to the way things went. We battered them but wouldn’t have scored before midnight. Morelos has let the bheasts get in his head. In our own 9 in a row you could tell Goughie and co had the bheasts mentally beaten at kick off, we must get scoring against them and beating them soon to avoid a reverse scenario of that.

Before we even get to the game against them we have tough away games against Motherwell and Hibs to play.

The next three weeks are absolutely crucial now - not sure how it’s going to pan out but we need to do a clean sweep of our next five games.

Did the two home OF games last season pass you by or something?
Did last season's league positions and this season's results pass you by or something? We won ONE single, solitary match WHICH MATTERED against them. We won one meaningless match, and have lost the rest. 1 out of 5 isn't good enough for me, but you may have lower standards than I do.

The gaffer has the mental toughness required to get himself through this, can he get it into the team??? I think he does. It's a kick in the balls, but in the cold light of day they will look at the game again and pick out everything we done well and wonder how the %^*& we never won, its football.

We play like that every week, we win the league and that is the priority, not the diddy cup, not Young Boys and europe, not Scottish Cup, they can all help us with momentum, but 55... has to be this year.

A league and cup double. We were unbelievably unlucky today. They won it with their only shot on target. They'll know they were beasted today. It's hard but we lick our wounds and we go again. The worst bit for me is reading some of the shit from the panty wetters on here.

We’re better than them, with half the season still to go we’ll make up ground and be well in with a shout to win the league.

I’ll always back my teams and keep the faith. I’d hate to have been in the ditches with some of you lot.

WATP.
There are people who just love to be negative about Rangers. So much so that they hate people who are positive about the club.

Ten, Twenty, Thity grand a week and feel like they can't win ? Then they need chased. They can bead big teams in Europe and they have beat this mob already...we were far better than them today and lost, sowe just crawl under a rock ?

We get off our knees and fvckin win the next game !

We’re not expected to win our games in Europe especially against quality opposition. We’re expected to win at Pittodrie, we’re expected to beat them at Ibrox, we were expected to win today. That’s the difference, our team can’t seem to cope with the weight of expectation.

Did last season's league positions and this season's results pass you by or something? We won ONE single, solitary match WHICH MATTERED against them. We won one meaningless match, and have lost the rest. 1 out of 5 isn't good enough for me, but you may have lower standards than I do.

Didn’t realise winning against them doesn’t mean we beat them.

WATP.

Is that in reference to me? Because I don’t think there’s anything wrong with looking at how things have went and being logical about it.

Some fans prefer to put their fingers in their ears and give it “achhh we’ll still win it” etc and that’s absolutely fine, but we heard that last season too, and there’s nothing wrong with looking at how things have unfolded and giving on honest opinion based on these events.

Second place. Knocked out of the cup by Aberdeen or Hibs.
Team of losers we have.

This team is winning nothing.They simply don't have it .The scenario is so like the Tommy Burns era.A nice team to watch but destined to be bridesmaids.

The massive week where we asked for our Rangers back and weve beat ourselves in the 2 out of 3.

Even a win Thursday wont make up for today.

55 is the only thing that could truly make up for the feeling right now.

We need to win 5 in a row simple as that! And will we? I very much doubt it

I can sadly see the season spiralling out.

As said, we dont beat them at parkhead its gone

IMO

You know the most galling bit for me is they started that game today like they knew they were getting beat.

Yet we still buggered it

A disaster. We’ll win %^*& all again, probably go out of Europe on Thursday and be +10 behind after the 29th.

private_frazer__868068.png

Finish second and not win the Scottish cup

Get knocked out if Europe in last 32.

If we play like we did today, we will win the league...never have I seen a Rangers team dominate an Old Firm match so much. Gutted at result but will be forgot about come May when we lift 55...

There are people who just love to be negative about Rangers. So much so that they hate people who are positive about the club.

Yip, can do without ‘supporters’ like that.

Can’t believe how empty our end was when we were pushing for an equaliser. How these cretins got tickets I’ve no idea.

We'll win the League and the Scottish Cup, and reach the last 16 of the EL.

Lennon leaves in the summer to be replaced by a dream ticket of Mark McGhee and Steven Pressley.

The seeds of doubt will be planted in our squads heads again

We need to get our shit together and fast.

Can see us being in Europe still and I'd take the same league position come january

All depends on 3 things. Going through on Thursday, not dropping anymore points until the dome and winning at the dome. With this team I can't see it!

If we play like we did today, we will win the league...never have I seen a Rangers team dominate an Old Firm match so much. Gutted at result but will be forgot about come May when we lift 55...
Today was as one-sided as those humiliating 5-1s, 4-0s and even the 5-0 we suffered 2016-18

In fact have suffered through all those games - with the exception of that 5-0 2nd half where I couldn’t bear to watch anymore of it - the filth today created much less chances than we did during those dark times. So lucky it beggars belief

We need to keep the heid and most importantly the belief that we will win this fkn league otherwise what’s the point? May as well give up now

Absolute shite day to say the least but if anything we showed how average they are, we just need to be more clinical. They did not look good at all. League is there for us.

depends how we react, if we lose our next league game and go out of europe i'll be very worried but also if we go win the next two it'll show good mental strength and that we can recover, we will be in this race till the end in my opinion

I really, really worry about the next few weeks. We’re wounded and have a massive game Thursday then 2 always vs Motherwell and Hibs. I have very little faith in this team to get through those 3. If they don’t, season over.

I think we win the league. We’re better than them.
100% this..... We lost today yes. But let's be honest we absolutely battered them and if we don't believe we can win the league and pump them at the big jock nou camp then something is wrong

Back