How do you see the rest of the season unfolding?

Danger Zone

Just the tip...
I said previously there was a lot more to be won and lost today than the trophy. That them winning will allow them to keep that aura of invincibility whilst simultaneously allowing everyone to continue to question our mentality.

I have to say, given the way it actually unfolded I fear this could be a lot more damaging than I ever thought. It’s one thing to lose, it’s another thing to lose to a team who barely had a shot, with a penalty miss and several clear chances thrown in too.

The reality is the scum probably feel invincible now, whereas our guys probably feel like they can’t and won’t win. And let’s be honest, after the penalty miss they played like a team of losers. We got worse and never really looked like getting back in it despite having 20 minutes left with a goal advantage.

I’m a natural pessimist, but I feel like even the most optimistic of fans would struggle to have faith in this team winning the title (or the SC for that matter) now (of course that doesn’t mean it can’t or won’t happen). But what can we do but continue to support the team and hope that something gives.

Last edited:
This season has second written all over it again, unfortunately.

We just can't see to dig out the results when it matters, unlike them.

Absolutely gutted with that today.

We will win on Thursday and the remaining games until the trip to parkhead and then lose, going into new year 8 behind with a game in hand. Play catch up for the rest of the season hoping they drop points.

Win the rest of our league games in December we will win the league.

This is it, every league game we have to put in the level of performance that we did today.

if we do that, we can push them all the way in the league this year.

You can call me out but the wheels will come off once again.
Wednesdays draw with no ideas from the team or the bench.
Todays attempt at doing everything in our power not to win.
Thursday next.
Wait and see.

I don’t see us recovering from the manner in which we lost that today. I’m just not convinced we’ve got the characters and the bottle. We see it time and time again when it really matters.

Morelos showing was particularly devastating and playing them is clearly an issue for him.

It's difficult to say whether the tough December weve got is a good or bad thing for us at the moment. Thursday is a great opportunity to get some positivity back amongst the squad and remind everyone (and perhaps the players themselves) that we have the fundamentals of a good side.

The danger of course is that we underperform on Thursday and lose at Parkhead, suddenly December looks like a disastrous month, especially when you add in the Pittodrie capitualtion. The players and management are going to be rightly scrutinised about their mentality over the next few days and weeks, they've got the perfect opportunity to set the record straight on that.

The same as last season. But we'll win the final Old Firm game when it doesn't matter and take heart from that... *sarcasm*

We as a team definitely have a mental block where the Tims are concerned. I have a really bad feeling that this gonna be just like last season.

Same as last December. I agree with the OP that the manner of the defeat has the potential to fucking derail us

We will lose the league by 10-15 points and they will win the treble again. Then probably do it again next fucking season which will end our players. If they get 10 not one single rangers player will recover

hopefully Gerrard just tells them to get that out of their system, we showed we can dominate the game and were the better team on the day but just didn't have the luck or the finishing to go with it

the game is gone, concentrate on winning the rest of the games to the winter break

We might get to the knockout stages of Europe.
We won’t win the league
We won’t win the Scottish cup.

I’m a pessimist at the best of times but the team just consistently lose when it matters now.

Badly. We have players and management who don't have a clue how to beat them. We'll finish 5 - 7 points behind in the league and maybe get to the semi or final of the SC where we'll capitulate to them yet again. We're also going out of Europe this week, since this mob can't even be trusted to get a draw when it matters. I've seen far, far better Rangers teams than this lot lose when it counts.

We are now the Atletico to their Real - small time mentality and no hope of catching them.

Btw, the scum have a winning mentality but that comes with season upon season of scooping up everything in front of you.

In terms of quality this year though they aren't any better than us and they will drop a good few points in the remainder of the season.

Gerrard needs to ensure that he is able to instil something in our players to help them get over this and make them believe that the title is there for the taking.

I imagine the officials will keep making honest mistakes that punish us and benefits the mentally challengeds.

I think we win the league. We’re better than them.
Same here. We need to win the next OF game tho.

Today was a form of a statement of intent, but ultimately fell short. But our players should take heart from how complete our domination was.

I do have growing concerns about our gaffers ability to change things during a game. ‘game management’ or whatever jargon it is

Hopefully lulls the filth into a false sense of security and they get complacent thinking that we just can’t beat them in a meaningful game.

Onwards to Thursday to break this negative momentum from the last week. Perfect opportunity to kick start the positivity and belief again.

I feel we pull the socks up, show the players the re run of that game and show them that this invincible team are actually rank rotten and can easily be beaten.

we don’t throw the towel in cause we lost a league cup game against them FFS

We'll finish second. The mentality required just isnt there to be champions.

If Foster doesn’t have the game of his life our players mentality would be that of winners? That’s what’s happened today, well than and dodgy officials.

The pessimist in me thinks this will galvanise them further and they’ll assert their dominance in the league. We, on the flip side, will be damaged by that one big time - I just don’t think we have it in us to get over it. The scum were rank today and there for the taking and we still couldn’t do it, I don’t think they’ll play that badly against us next time.

We have a run of very tough games coming up and have already fallen twice. I could see us being at least 7 points off them by the end of the month in all honesty.

We are a better team but there are too many who shite themselves in big games.
That today was to do with mentality and we are mentally weak.

Gerrard has to point out that we were the better team by miles and lost to an offside goal. Their keeper had one of those games and there's no reason to fear them in the future. He can't let the heads go down.
I don’t care what he says to the media but that is 100% what he needs to drill into the players

Carry that performance over to the league and well batter most teams and still give ourselves a good chances against them. Unfortunately im not sure if we'll do that, Thursday will give a good indicator of where the team is mentally after that

Back