How do you see the rest of the season unfolding?

Hopefully no effect, we move on to Thursday get the result we need and we will be fine. The games coming thick and fast means the management won’t allow it to linger.

won't go down well here but think it will take a bit to get over this game
and well probably come up short again I hope to %^*& that is not the case

Hopefully our team aren't about to throw in the towel like a lot on here. We lost a game today we should have easily won having been by far the better team. It hurts like hell tonight but let's show some balls and stop crying our hearts out.

Our club has been to hell and back. We are now able to reach a cup final and go for to toe with those rats. Only a matter of time before Gerrard delivers silverware.

Onto Thursday.

A winning habit needs to be earned, we're not going to get many donations; if it's tight by the time of the play-offs then the fact we don't have many league winners in our squad will be a factor, and a challenge we have to overcome.

I honestly don't know how it will unfold at this point. After that defeat, like the OP, I'm pretty pessimistic about our chances.
I still think we'll qualify in our EL group, which is a good achievement in itself, but very unsure about the league.
We've got Motherwell and Hivs away before the Tims (not to mention Kilmarnock at home). Can't afford to lose anymore ground to them before the 29th. If we're more than 4 points behind come January, then the league's a busted flush I fear.

They have a winning mentality and we don’t. It’s depressingly predictable how the rest of the season will go.

Thank fuk our manager does not have a defeatist attitude like many on here who seem to have written the whole season off now.

Maybe give the players to the winter break and see how they do ? they are 2 points behind

Depressing pish on here, really unbelievable to read some of these comments.

We will see our teams mindset if we win Europa League group and win rest of games in December all are must now.

Not sure how we can tell - we should have absolutely hammered them today and came away with nothing. We're obviously capable of dominating games but that means %^*& all if we can't put the ball in the net when it counts.

That certainly seemed to be the mentality of the team today when we missed the penalty and they looked absolutely lifeless and resigned to defeat.

We created chances after the penalty, it's not like we sat back and did nothing. Yes, we didn't play as well as we were playing before the penalty, but we didn't give up.

We created chances after the penalty, it's not like we sat back and did nothing. Yes, we didn't play as well as we were playing before the penalty, but we didn't give up.

We didn’t really create any clear chance bar Morelos effort at the death. We lost control of the game and our play slowed to a snails pace. I get why fans want to have some sort of optimism but I feel some are trying too hard here and looking past what really happened.

Thank fuk our manager does not have a defeatist attitude like many on here who seem to have written the whole season off now.

Maybe give the players to the winter break and see how they do ? they are 2 points behind

Depressing pish on here, really unbelievable to read some of these comments.

The problem is our players on the park are too scared to win, it is them who are defeatist and not the support.

We didn’t really create any clear chance bar Morelos effort at the death. We lost control of the game and our play slowed to a snails pace. I get why fans want to have some sort of optimism but I feel some are trying too hard here and looking past what really happened.

Wasn't Morelos' header after the penalty? The one where Forster threw his arm up anywhere and happened to save it.

The nature of the lost goal has a huge impact on my opinion of the game. Yes, we slowed down after it, but we should never have been in that situation if the officials were trying to do their job. We were in the ascendancy against a team that also had to find a goal, the scenario in which we're always at our strongest, the officials changed that.

We dominated them today and in the end, we were cheated. Nothing can convince me otherwise.

If looked at in isolation, I believe everyone would be saying the exact same thing as me but the weight of the last 8-9 years is weighing on people's opinions. I'm evaluating today on its own merit, not based on McCoist/Warburton/Murty/Caixinha's failings.

No sugar-coating from me, I'm dejected, but I'm a realist and can see the game for what it was.

Wasn't Morelos' header after the penalty? The one where Forster threw his arm up anywhere and happened to save it.

The nature of the lost goal has a huge impact on my opinion of the game. Yes, we slowed down after it, but we should never have been in that situation if the officials were trying to do their job. We were in the ascendancy against a team that also had to find a goal, the scenario in which we're always at our strongest, the officials changed that.

We dominated them today and in the end, we were cheated. Nothing can convince me otherwise.

If looked at in isolation, I believe everyone would be saying the exact same thing as me but the weight of the last 8-9 years is weighing on people's opinions. I'm evaluating today on its own merit, not based on McCoist/Warburton/Murty/Caixinha's failings.

No sugar-coating from me, I'm dejected, but I'm a realist and can see the game for what it was.

No the header was before the penalty. We created little, fizzled out and just generally looked like a team who knew it was done. I’d expect a team of winners to be making the man advantage count and peppering their goal.

We’ll agree to disagree though, the goal was horrendous but the key bit is we never looked like we were going to level it up, with a man advantage I thought they ended up looking the more likely side to score again and that’s what really bothered me. I really am getting flashbacks to the 90’s when we won pretty much everything against Burns’s Celtic side and the tims looked desperately for positives, insisting they were the better team and it was coming for them.

I honestly think today will bring a siege mentality to Rangers and we will go on a run to 55 now.
We are a far better team on another day we could be talking about a 5 or 6 -1 humping.
Im honestly stunned how we lost that game today.

Last 16 of Europa League, maybe even further.

Domestically we will drop points again before Parkhead, play well there and lose and go onto finish about 10 points behind and lose the semi/final of the Scottish cup to the poets.

People are deluded. We will win the title? Every big game we bottle it.

If use think we’re good enough to take 9 points out of hibs away Motherwell away killie at home ur wrong. I reckon lucky to get 6 points out then. And the tims will win there games and there game in hand v hearts could be looking at going into the game at park head 5-8 points behind.

Until we start winning big games then we can start talking about winning the league

No the header was before the penalty. We created little, fizzled out and just generally looked like a team who knew it was done. I’d expect a team of winners to be making the man advantage count and peppering their goal.

We’ll agree to disagree though, the goal was horrendous but the key bit is we never looked like we were going to level it up, with a man advantage I thought they ended up looking the more likely side to score again and that’s what really bothered me. I really am getting flashbacks to the 90’s when we won pretty much everything against Burns’s Celtic side and the tims looked desperately for positives, insisting they were the better team and it was coming for them.

I'm not one for long term memory, but was there ever a game like that in that period? One in which we were truly overrun for 90 minutes but won with our only shot on target that was well offside?

That's 3 times in the space of 12 months that we've truly played them off the park. I know we've won nothing and I know today was yet another kick in the teeth, but a performance like that can be fluked once, maybe twice if you're the luckiest cünts going – but you don't outplay a team like that 3 times by chance.

We were beaten by the officials today, not the soap-dodgers. We're on the fücking brink.

People are deluded. We will win the title? Every big game we bottle it.

If use think we’re good enough to take 9 points out of hibs away Motherwell away killie at home ur wrong. I reckon lucky to get 6 points out then. And the tims will win there games and there game in hand v hearts could be looking at going into the game at park head 5-8 points behind.

Until we start winning big games then we can start talking about winning the league

You don't think we're good enough to beat Hibs (already beat them), Motherwell (already beat them) and Kilmarnock (already beat them)?

We will reach the EL last 32, maybe 16.
The league I’m unconvinced. If we stay within 2 points of them or better going into January we have a chance. But, I think we need to strengthen at right wing. If we lose at the Piggery it’s finished. This side of ours doesn’t have a winning mentality.
Scottish Cup, who knows? The problem is we aren’t clinical enough.

I'm not one for long term memory, but was there ever a game like that in that period? One in which we were truly overrun for 90 minutes but won with our only shot on target that was well offside?

That's 3 times in the space of 12 months that we've truly played them off the park. I know we've won nothing and I know today was yet another kick in the teeth, but a performance like that can be fluked once, maybe twice if you're the luckiest cünts going – but you don't outplay a team like that 3 times by chance.

We were beaten by the officials today, not the soap-dodgers. We're on the fücking brink.

3-1 at Ibrox in the 9IAR season. Half our team out with the flu including Laudrup.

They played fairly well, they scored through Cadette, it was ruled out for offside but he was actually on. Then we broke away a couple for times and Bo Anderson scored two. Loads of players out, a big slice of luck and we took the points.

To be fair there were a few other matches where Goram had to make world class saves to keep us in it too.

We might get to the knockout stages of Europe.
We won’t win the league
We won’t win the Scottish cup.

I’m a pessimist at the best of times but the team just consistently lose when it matters now.

yip pretty much how I see it

If Lego muncher and co ripping the pish out you isn't enough for you to say it stops now then rip up your contract and sign for not good enough.fc. I for one just seeing his coupon want to punch the proverbial out of how these guys feel I don't know what does it take to make them turn this round

You don't think we're good enough to beat Hibs (already beat them), Motherwell (already beat them) and Kilmarnock (already beat them)?

We had already beat Aberdeen and didn’t beat them

He had already beat hearts a didn’t beat them.

Big big away games. Both hibs and Motherwell playing well the now. Sorry just can’t see us taking 6 points from them

It all rests on Thursday. Qualify and we get a massive boost. Fail and I think December blows it for us.

Some of the posts in this thread are an absolute f*ckin' joke.

"The team never does it when it matters" - didn't matter against Legia then? Beating Feyenoord and Porto at home were in f*cking friendlies, yeah? Coming back to get very credible draws against those sides away from home was meaningless?

The Hearts semi-final was described as this huge hurdle we had to get over, suddenly it's "who cares" now.

We've had a great season so far. A team of bottlers doesn't do as well as we have. Today hurts big time, no doubt about it, but honestly, the strops and reactions would have you slapping your wean about if they acted like that.

No surrender indeed.

Come the end of 2019 its either 'Game on' or the Domestic Season ie the league will be all but over.

It's clear over a season you need to bounce back from bloody noses.

This is what will define this season and to be frank we don't know. I doubt we will lose the league because we drew on Thursday and there's clearly no reason why we can't compete till the season ends.

But the OP does have a point in that the players have a monkey or two on their back and today only increases the focus on the winners mentality/converting key moments into victories.

Our margin for error is minimal as the support will turn at any further short term losses.If today had been a lame overall performance it would have already happened.

Without a doubt, todays defeat was a heartbreaker. The game was there, gift-wrapped, and ready to be won.
So why did we not just beat them - but hammer them?

There are many factors at play in answering this question: a) a goalkeeper who had a once-in-a-lifetime performance, b) unlucky, just didn't get the breaks despite our domination,
c) the missed penalty, d) their questionable 'goal',
d) lack of on-field 'leadership
e) unlike the yahoos who have been winning things with regularity for years, this Rangers team hasn't yet managed to develop the mental toughness that's required to dig out results when things aren n. For eg., Liverpool, under Klopp, have this attribute in spades. But we it seems not.

All the same, it's not over till it's over. But I belief a defeat at the piggery in Jan, will end our chances of silverware for the season.

I remember a game at the scumdome when we won 1-0, was thinking Rod Wallace got the winner and either Goram (not sure if he was still there at that point, possibly not) or Klos was incredible in the game

pretty sure Viduka was through on Klos a few times and was either denied by Moore getting back or Der Goalie himself

I remember a game at the scumdome when we won 1-0, was thinking Rod Wallace got the winner and either Goram (not sure if he was still there at that point, possibly not) or Klos was incredible in the game

pretty sure Viduka was through on Klos a few times and was either denied by Moore getting back or Der Goalie himself

Yeah, I'm not saying it didn't happen, I just don't have the detailed memory that most folks on here have. So if there were games like today but in reverse, I'll happily hold my hands up.

They’ll go on and win another treble and we’ll get to the last 32 or the last 16 in europe and that’ll please some fans cause we’ve made afew extra million

we will see in the next couple of weeks what this team is made of if anything. because after the game today the tims must be saying to themselves. it does not matter how we play they still can not beat us. so I do not have much hope of winning anything this season.

Win our next 3 league games and come away from parkhead with a least a draw, then we can win the league. Anything less and it's over imo.
Scottish Cup, depends on the draw.
Europe, possible last 16 depends on the draw.
Galling thing is the mentally challengeds ain't that good.

3-1 at Ibrox in the 9IAR season. Half our team out with the flu including Laudrup.

They played fairly well, they scored through Cadette, it was ruled out for offside but he was actually on. Then we broke away a couple for times and Bo Anderson scored two. Loads of players out, a big slice of luck and we took the points.

To be fair there were a few other matches where Goram had to make world class saves to keep us in it too.

hampden 1-0 versus Celtic . Davie Robertson wrongly sent off after 6 minutes and mccoist scored the winner just before half time .

for .84 minutes they drove at us , hit the bar , and we were camped in our own half for most of the game in atrocious conditions .

the mentality that has been spoken of and laughed off by some posters was there in bucketloads that night .

the players played like their lives depended on it and we won with the odds stacked against against us .

I'll be astonished if the Celtic hierarchy after watching their team get battered for 96 minutes don't go and spend a fortune in January to try and buy 9iar.

I can see us sneaking into the last 32 of the EL, but domestically we don’t have it. Another barren season coming up as the psychological damage from today will be too much.

I think today has made me start to think that we may have to accept that the recover ofour club is going to take far longer than we thought and it may sadly not come in time for us stopping their 10. The pain of 2012 is a long one

A disaster. We’ll win %^*& all again, probably go out of Europe on Thursday and be +10 behind after the 29th.
This is a possibility, but I think we’ll sneak by YB. Gerrard seems to prioritise European games - which I find really frustrating

I'll be astonished if the Celtic hierarchy after watching their team get battered for 96 minutes don't go and spend a fortune in January to try and buy 9iar.
They don’t need to. Lennon knows he doesn’t need to spend big to win trophies in Scotland. He just need to wait on us fukking it up and then they are there to collect the medals

Back