Interview: Patterson - Bassey - Zungu

I don't think it was a crime mate.
A civil infraction perhaps, but as far as this imposition into personal freedom goes, I don't think the legitimacy of the legislation relating to it has ever been fully challenged all the way through the courts.

The British people have volunteered certain liberties over to the State, but I don't then believe that the State has the right to criminalise anyone regarding this arrangement.
Exactly.none of them will have a criminal record over this

giphy.gif
She didn't like cock.

It's done. They apologized. We move on although suspect they have a lot of broken glass to crawl over now to find a place on the bench never mind in the starting 11.
You can tell the young lads are remorseful and embarrassed.

Fair enough, time to put it bed I suppose. Bassey looked absolutely gutted.

Have the players received bans from SFA at all? Was sure we would’ve heard by now

In 2 minds.

Part of me thinks they saw what happened to Jones and Edmundson, saw how the manager dealt with them, now they can hardly complain if they get ditched too.
Part of me thinks that since Dubai and no punishments given for far worse breaches of the rules, that we would be daft making ourselves weaker when nobody who sat in a public bar was banned at all.

I trust the manager to get it right.

Also, to be fair, results have been very kind to this situation in every way.

Two strong Rangers wins and a Celtic defeat have taken the heat out of this, be in no doubt.

If we had lost a League game or faltered, this incident on top of injuries to Tav, Roofe and Jack would have felt a whole lot worse.

Lucky lads been bailed out by their team mates.

It’s a lesson to lots of youngsters out there. You %^*& up, take your medicine and double your efforts.
We’ve all done it at some point and some more than others, you don’t think about the consequences of your actions at the time. Luckily for us and our team, it didn’t grow arms and legs.
Time to move on.

Don’t know if it’s the masks but a bit of a ‘hostage video’ feel to that.
I have sympathy for all arguments around this, but I can’t help but hope that Patterson and Bassey in particular can get past this in time with our club.

It’s a lesson to lots of youngsters out there. You %^*& up, take your medicine and double your efforts.
We’ve all done it at some point and some more than others, you don’t think about the consequences of your actions at the time. Luckily for us and our team, it didn’t grow arms and legs.
Time to move on.
The lesson was to learn from Jones and edmundson

they still made a lady's front bottom of it

So Gerrard hasn't booted them out the club for good and dropped a couple of treadmills off to them? Who would have thunk it eh? :D

Get them disciplined and we move on. Hopefully they learn from their mistake.

Sone difference in this thread with these boys and Edmundson and Jones. You could say these lads are younger, but then again they also watched the other situation and were warned again yet went and done it so probably balances it out. Patterson in particular has apparently been warned before about having gaffs in lockdown

" accept with sincerity the strong disciplinary sanctions that we have imposed upon them for letting us all down."

Any details ?

Patterson has a huge future ahead of him. Hopefully this is the making of the lad. Those days in isolation would have been absolute torture and it will have surely put the shiters up him
if they are given a second chance, then this has to be the thing that ignites the fire in his belly to become the best player he can be.

Not many players leave rangers to bigger achievements. Probably in single digits of those who have.

Most players who %^*& up, get shipped out. If they arent......they have an opportunity.... a massive one

if they are given a second chance, then this has to be the thing that ignites the fire in his belly to become the best player he can be.

Not many players leave Rangers to bigger achievements. Probably in single digits of those who have.

Most players who %^*& up, get shipped out. If they arent......they have an opportunity.... a massive one
I think they will be given a reprieve. Zungu will be cut loose.

Both them looked close to greeting. They have made a big mistake they have been dealt with and punished. Time to draw a line under it and move on.

I am still somewhat surprised that the SFA/SPFL hasn`t issued any sort of penalty. Then again Dubai Gate hasn`t received any attention from the authorities either.

I really feel for NP. He knows what he did was wrong and you can see how uncomfortable he was feeling doing that interview. You can see how contrite he was.That in itself should be the end of the matter. The boys have made a mistake and we move on.

They made a serious mistake, and are guilty of gross stupidity, insensitivity and of really failing to grasp the responsibility they have and the leadership positions they occupy. That said. I was struck in particular by how contrite Patterson's tone was. That seems to me to be a kid who knows he has made a bad mistake and come close to wrecking his dream. I hope that the club can offer him a way to prove he can learn and continue to improve.

That should now be an end of it. Up to Gerrard to decide who plays when he has made it clear his views and standards. Am happy to go with his judgement now. good that they apologised shows the club does set standards.

I hope this keeps the lynch mob at bay.

They may be professional footballers but they are also kids. I doubt anyone on here didn't do anything stupid that they regret at that age. Apologise and move on. If they learn from their mistakes... great. If they don't... they'll regret it when they're mature enough to realise the opportunity they squandered.

I feel bad for wee Nathan. Sounds like he could burst into tears.

Hopefully a lesson learned.

No shagging until the summer.

Talk is cheap. Similar to Jones and Edmondson (who appear to have helped the others by taking a tougher punishment)

If they are to get another chance they can pull it together for the sake of the club and hopefully do the best for the club by helping everyone get us 3 points and win trophies then over and above make us load of money to move on.

Personally only reason I can attempt to accepr them is that the prospect of money and recognising that this is how the board will see it.

Absolute morons they are putting themselves in this position.

Let that be the end of it. Stupid boys, but they've definitely been punished enough for it. Paterson has missed the chance to play in a europa league last 32 game. He'd have been gutted.

Let's draw a line and get on with it.

Back