MOTM Poll Rangers 3-0 Union Saint-Gilloise (3-2 agg) - Rangers history-makers break historic European hoodoo! We salute them!

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Brilliant that we managed to win despite being really shit for long periods of the game. Them trying to see the game out aided us tremendously.
Oh aye, and the Barasic denigrators should bare in mind that he had 2 assists for the goals tonight.
I had Barasic as my MOTM.
That said, I thought we played poorly compared to our levels in Europe last season.
But I will always take a win, especially one that makes history!

I love Rangers winning in Europe. There's nothing like it. I feel proud of the team, and proud to be a Rangers supporter.
What must Tom Lawrence be thinking. He's been influential in winning a difficult CL tie. Quite different to anything he did in the Championship, and he'll be delighted. And Tav. I love Tav. His presence tonight, his beautiful penalty, and although this is nothing new to him I think he'll be very satisfied with the night's work.
Great effort by all the lads. They are the pride of Scotland yet again.
:)) :)) :))

Superb performance all round, Lawrence was outstanding and a few more mins in the legs for Alfie, which he defo needs judging by his current physique :)

Well.
What a fecking result.

Honestly didn't think we'd get through this without conceding a goal, but (even allowing for some pretty odd reffing) imo that was a result built on the backs of the new players.

Lawrence is simply classy.
Tillman (who I thought might have been tiring) showed what an all-round footballer he truly is.

The usual panic and comedy antics at the back (and even in midfield) but by Christ we earned that.

Usually I pay some respects to the team we've beaten but USG are simply a bunch of dirty diving hacking cheats.
Thankfully they got what they deserved -- nothing.

Some less than stellar performances from some tonight, but we won't be picky -- well done to them all !!
A fantastic team performance.

Out of curiosity, how is Thursday-Sunday worse than Wednesday-Saturday?

Its not always Wednesday-Saturday is it?

Sometimes its Wednesday-Sunday. Sometimes Its Tuesday-Sunday. Somtimes its Tuesday Saturday.

And it will balance out with what the mentally challengeds are doing.

Whereas Europa league is guartuneed Thursday-Sunday.

Tremendous result and second half performance in particular

Lawrence MOTM for me however the likes of Tillman will kick on now

Exactly the boost the squad needs.

WATP

Job done.. Lawrence a stand out.. borna got pelters but I thought he played well. 2 assists.. colak done what poachers do.. but I personally want more from him. .
We need to sort out our centre defensive pairing ASAP..
Next round will be really hard looks like psv and veerman.. a cracking away trip for bears ..

Lawrence was outstanding tonight, was delighted for Borna as well, put in a great performance.

Team as a whole had a few periods when passing was slack and we brought pressure on ourselves but as the games go on we should work that out.

Fancy our chances more against a team that will be a bit more forward thinking. USG were basically a Livingston game plan with better players, it was always going to be tough.

I was hoping there would be two weeks before the next qualifier.

Ah well, bring it on and hopefully we can step it up a level.

Another great European performance. This team just don’t know when they’re beat in Europe. Pleased that the new players played their part. Lawrence was exceptional and Tillman proved he can do ninety minutes. Proves he’s a number ten and not a winger. Next round a step up in class with first leg at Ibrox. Not easy but you can’t rule this team out. PSV or Monaco won’t fancy us next round with all the pressure on them. We’re better as underdogs. The European adventures continue.

Didn't see him as MoM, but he was far better than some on this thread were saying. He suffered from having to mop up messes created by others (Kent & McGlaughlin spring to mind). He kept his head, and I'm pleased for him.
Think that's what I am saying too. Sometimes a MOM performance is more than being the best player on the night, it's making the most of the opportunity.

Back