MOTM Poll Rangers 3-0 Union Saint-Gilloise (3-2 agg) - Rangers history-makers break historic European hoodoo! We salute them!

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
IMG-20220809-215428.jpg

I said we would score 4, but what a result with just the 3!

Passing genuinely gave me the fear, but we managed it!

Lawrence, Tillman and Colak are all going to be good for us this season - I know some people still haven't taken to Colak, but he has scored a few goals now, and he will get more.

On to the playoffs.

Last edited:
Listened to the game tonight on Radio Shortbread, a medium I rarely use for games. 52,000 people tuned into the audio of the game. That I would think would be a huge number of people for BBCS

He played us into shit a couple of times but to be fair he bailed his mates out a couple of times when they did it to him too.

I think the yellow makes us more nervous watching and colours how we judge his performance
Sands had a couple of dodgy passes but as you say he made a couple of brilliant last ditch tackles too.

I love Rangers winning in Europe. There's nothing like it. I feel proud of the team, and proud to be a Rangers supporter.
What must Tom Lawrence be thinking. He's been influential in winning a difficult CL tie. Quite different to anything he did in the Championship, and he'll be delighted. And Tav. I love Tav. His presence tonight, his beautiful penalty, and although this is nothing new to him I think he'll be very satisfied with the night's work.
Great effort by all the lads. They are the pride of Scotland yet again.
:)) :)) :))
This in spades

Good stuff, but so much more to come from us - once Kent and Morelos get up to speed we’ll see improved performances and a few more goals.
I had Lawrence as man of the match but can’t understand the huge criticism for Sands who played well overall but did give the ball away a couple of times with over-soft passes that didn’t reach their intended target.

First time ever I decided to watch movies instead of following the match thread. Last match thread was horrific.
Took a risk and decided that the tie was decided on 90 mins.
Just as I started to log on, the missus states "Happy with the score tonight?". :p New Times were good as soon as she said it. Happy days.

Thank god for the linesman. Otherwise Sands was getting a second yellow and sent off with them a very dangerous free kick. That's 2 very ropey referees in a row - let's hope we get better going forward.
The worst thing was it needed the linesman because VAR wouldn't have overturned a second booking.

To be fair to the ref, there are plenty of the arrogant bastards who would just have said "My decision, I'm not talking to him"

A grown up performance...thank you Tav...a belief in our abilities...and it's a 90
mins game....educated...with the Rangers,Jock Wallace belief..that we are the people.
Despite that ref,how many bookings did that lady's front bottom "miss"?

Still not firing on all cylinders but moving in the right direction,
That game will give a few of them a boost of confidence and help to gel as a team.

A very scrappy performance but will take it.
If Rangers defence comes up against good strikers we will struggle.
Fortunately Union were shit.

Job done.. Lawrence a stand out.. borna got pelters but I thought he played well. 2 assists.. colak done what poachers do.. but I personally want more from him. .
We need to sort out our centre defensive pairing ASAP..
Next round will be really hard looks like psv and veerman.. a cracking away trip for bears ..

Davies needs to be starting at the weekend. No more excuses.

Not than Goldson was much better tonight but he's obviously going to play.

Brilliant result.

Sands MOTM for me, and great performances from Tillman and Lawrence.
I thought Borna was generally good tonight. Goldson passing a bit scary at times.
I wouldnt go as far as motm but he was better than is being made out on here.

A good number of crucial interventions and tackles undone by winning the ball and then making a slack pass. Tav apart out back line still looks a little shaky

Well done rangers. 35 mins in, I just couldn't see it happening for us.
Best performance of the season. Let's hope we kick on now.

Absolutely marvelous Rangers!! Wonderful result!

Never been so glad to be proved wrong. Another tremendous night and the European magic continues...

That winner had something mystical about it. Like it was a gift from God. The way the ball hung in the air for what seemed ages, and Tillman seemed unchallenged, rose to head home. He almost seemed to jump in slow motion. It was a moment of pure beauty before bedlam ensued.

Good all round team performance, we went at them from the start, although I confess I thought we had run out of ideas late in the first half. A few players didnt have their best night, but that's for tomorrow to analyze. I finally get what what Lawrence brings and humble pie never tasted so good.

On to the next task, PSV will be an even bigger challenge, but hopefully tonight has kick started our season and we can rise to meet the challenge.

WATP!!!

Last edited:
Honestly we are watching a different game

Well maybe I was right in my viewing
What an assist for the winning goal
Maybe
Honestly we are watching a different game

Well maybe I was right in my viewing
What an assist for the winning goal
Double quote ?
You bored or something ?
He was a completely different player from the First to Second half.
Just glad to be through

Just on way home from game. Buzzing after that. Seen us play better but we gritted it out. It’s hard to look good against the Belgian equivalent of Motherwell. As for that fcuking cheating ref!! They should have finished with about 7 men. I wouldn’t have slept tonight if we’d gone out to that pish mob. We’ll need to be better against PSV though.

Back