Official Ridvan Yilmaz signs on a five-year deal from Besiktas.

Welcome to the greatest club on the planet. Happy with this hope he goes on to have a great time at the club then leave for big money.

Net fee will be the profit on the next transfer.
All the word net means is after deductions, so their wording does not say it is on profit, just after agents fees etc have been deducted. Unless, of course, one of the deductions is the fee we paid. That is the only way the sell on can be on profit only (That all makes the assumption that the Turkish release is accurate too I guess)

Either way, an absolutely tremendous bit of business for the club.

Really good signing, should make some it her clubs sit up and take notice that Rangers Football Club isn’t the wee farmers team playing in the wee fiddly league.

Sitting in with the big boys here by snapping up serious prospects like this, as well as selling Bassey for major money to Ajax.

Great signing and should take us up a few levels. If I was greedy, I’d ask for another CM, and if Roofe goes then a new striker, and perhaps a new GK, but Gio might trust McCrorie more after JM.

Assume the usual Turkish Timothy has already given his “ he’s pish and always injured” verdict.

The lad looks like a good one and is well backed by his international manager so hopefully we’ve found a gem.
Shows what an impact the Euro run had when players like this, who are courted across Europe, chooses to come to Rangers over all comers.

He looks good on footage I’ve watched of him. I trust the team that he will be a good signing. Welcome to our club.

In what has been a tremendous few weeks, this signing is the one that has me a little hard.

Hard to pin down exactly what the sell on fee is for, but given it explicitly says Net fee, rather than Gross, we can perhaps hope that one of the deductions from the incoming fee is the write off of his value on our books, and therefore the sell on is on the profit only, not the full fee? @Hillheadbear, get your financial brain into gear please.
Even as an accountant I have no idea what all that's meant to mean NL, but sell on clauses are usually based on the profit made on resale.

Absolutely horny for this.

Suspect it’ll be the first home league game before we see him.

Fantastic news. Really looking forward to seeing this guy in his Ridvan.
giphy.webp

In what has been a tremendous few weeks, this signing is the one that has me a little hard.

Hard to pin down exactly what the sell on fee is for, but given it explicitly says Net fee, rather than Gross, we can perhaps hope that one of the deductions from the incoming fee is the write off of his value on our books, and therefore the sell on is on the profit only, not the full fee? @Hillheadbear, get your financial brain into gear please.
Net income is profit

There's a few posters who have been nowhere to seen recently, who owe the board an apology for spouting shite and getting personal towards certain individuals about no selling or bringing players in this window.You know who you are.
It's the same tits who slag new signings off and then say "hope he proves me wrong". Here's a ridiculous idea. Give them a bloody chance before putting the boot in.

Anyways, as a few people have said, this is genuinely the most exciting window I can remember in pretty much forever. Quality players with potential to take the club up another level or two.

Once they are settled in this could be a genuine rival for the NIAR teams with the added bonus of deep European runs every year!

Not getting carried away though...

There's a few posters who have been nowhere to seen recently, who owe the board an apology for spouting shite and getting personal towards certain individuals about no selling or bringing players in this window.You know who you are.

The same ones that were screaming Gio Out around February.

Ridvan Yilmaz signs on a five-year deal from Besiktas.

RANGERS Football Club are today delighted to announce the signing of Turkish international Ridvan Yilmaz on a five-year deal from Besiktas.

The left-back joins Gers for an undisclosed fee, subject to international clearance and the work permit process being concluded.

Yilmaz, 21 years old, has already been a league champion with Besiktas, and has gained top level experience in the UEFA Champions League.

A proud product of the youth system at Besiktas, Yilmaz has become a full part of the Turkish national team in the last year, having featured at each of their younger international age group squads.

After impressing in international friendly matches, he was named in the squad for last summer’s UEFA European Championships, and has since won 6 full international caps.

A modern, attacking full-back, Rangers supporters can look forward to seeing Yilmaz further strengthen Gio van Bronckhorst’s first team squad.

Speaking after agreeing to join Rangers today, Yilmaz commented: “I am delighted to be joining a club the size of Rangers and am really looking forward to meeting my new teammates.

“This is a club who have shown they can compete against some of the best teams in Europe, and I am really excited by the challenges we have ahead of us.

“I have heard so much too about the Rangers supporters and I cannot wait to play in front of them for the first time.”

Manager van Bronckhorst continued: “I am really pleased to have added Ridvan to our squad and I believe he will bring a lot of quality to the club.

“I have been really impressed with his development in a really demanding, winning environment at Besiktas over the last few seasons.

“I am looking forward to welcoming him to training in the coming days and to seeing him in action for the first time.

Sporting Director, Ross Wilson, added: “Gio and I were clear in our desire to invest in a high potential and high quality left back. We have now secured that in the signing of Ridvan Yilmaz. He’s a talented young player who has been coveted throughout Europe following outstanding performances for Besiktas. We also know how highly regarded he is in the Turkish National Team. This is another exciting young player to join our squad, and we are delighted to bring Ridvan to Rangers.”

At the end of the Cold War/Berlin Wall coming down we were repeatedly
reminded of the "peace dividend" - for me this window will henceforth
be known as the Bassey Dividend !

(love u Calvin, all the best!)

Back