Official Tom Lawrence announced

Personally I think he's a cracking signing. Done well with Derby and another leader in the dressing room.

Welcome to the gers!

Roughly in his peak right now, not too worried about lacking too many goals in his whole career, 16 goal contributions in 38 games last season is pretty good. Playing at Rangers is a different beast compared to Derby too, he will have far more chances. Freshens up our attack too, especially as he can play a few positions. For a free transfer I think this is a great signing

Confession time. Never heard of him. But plenty caps and experience what can go wrong ? Welcome aboard, make us proud.

All these critics in the transfer thread, wonder if they are happy now, probably not.

Rangers doing their work quietly and efficiently.

Hold onto your hats !
They will never be happy. Football is a continuum like most things if you start negatively no matter the interim highs, your negative outlook will be justified on a long enough time line. Staunch c unts vs entropy should be the name of every transfer window thread.

Can all the moaning bastards please leave the forum and let us happy supporters be happy please?

Draining bastards.

Welcome to Rangers Tom!
People on this forum and I have to say particularly the new money ball breed. Look at a set of stats, analyse a footballer and simply state how good or bad he is. There is no correction for league position or expectation, time with the ball, role in the team. By their own admission these “stats” show that Ryan Kent is poor defensively. Anyone who watches football knows that’s bollocks. De Boer wouldn’t have been near Rangers given their metrics. I know there will be Lawrence isn’t exactly De Boer rhetoric which to an extent is understandable, but on the other hand I say that you prove entirely my point. Football isn’t a collection of statistics. Even moneyball itself may have been an outlier. How shit would Ray Wilkin’s stats have looked. Could control a game by taking up positions. We’re they challenges no. We’re they contests. No. Did he win aerial duels? No. Was he good enough for peak AC Milan and England yes….. Enough with the FIFA graphs please!

Back