Official Tom Lawrence announced

People on this forum and I have to say particularly the new money ball breed. Look at a set of stats, analyse a footballer and simply state how good or bad he is. There is no correction for league position or expectation, time with the ball, role in the team. By their own admission these “stats” show that Ryan Kent is poor defensively. Anyone who watches football knows that’s bollocks. De Boer wouldn’t have been near Rangers given their metrics. I know there will be Lawrence isn’t exactly De Boer rhetoric which to an extent is understandable, but on the other hand I say that you prove entirely my point. Football isn’t a collection of statistics. Even moneyball itself may have been an outlier. How shit would Ray Wilkin’s stats have looked. Could control a game by taking up positions. We’re they challenges no. We’re they contests. No. Did he win aerial duels? No. Was he good enough for peak AC Milan and England yes….. Enough with the FIFA graphs please!
Couldn’t agree more mate. Excellent post.

Snide articles in the red tops coming in 3, 2, 1.......
Posted this a few hours ago

2022-07-08-12-24-50.jpg

This doesn't scream a guy Gio would have his eye on. Smacks of a cheap board signing. Hope to %^*& there isn't trouble behind the scenes.
You're aware of how modern transfers work right?

Managers don't identify players themselves anymore and phone up other managers and negotiate fees with them for their players.

Don’t know much about him tbh but from what I’ve seen the past few days he could be a very good signing. Quite explosive and a very solid shot.

Ah! Hence you were asking for a RW! Wright will fill in for Hagi for a while, but you’re right that’s all we’ve got.

Sakala could do it too.
A think if we sign a rw who chips in with decent goals n assists our foward line would be sorted

Mental that you would go and check his stats and post them but not check up on what position he plays.
Mental.. this is from the Rangers statement

"RANGERS Football Club are today delighted to announce the signing of forward Tom Lawrence"

Forward...

Correct mate, see these statician tadgers.

Was a genuine question. I bet it’s not far off Lawrence’s stats.

Anyway, stats don’t tell the whole picture. Some on here used stats to pretend Souttar was better than Goldson.

Lawrence will hopefully keep Kent on his toes and push him further. He also brings versatility and the ability to make things happen. Maybe Kent watching and playing alongside Lawrence will give him more confidence to have a pop at goal more often.

It certainly won’t be long before we watch Lawrence rattle a 25 yarder top bin.

He is not a player who's ever crossed my radar. What position does he play and is he any good?

Mine neither mate, but I've spent a bit of time reading up on him now and watching some footage.

He'll be comfortable playing in any of the 3 positions behind the striker, but is probably at his strongest as a 10.

He's strong, aggressive and probably a similar size to Lundstram.

He'll drive forward from the middle of the park (something we've lacked imo) and isn't scared to have a shot on goal.
He'll work hard defensively too and is very much a team player.

Rooney made him his captain.

A very good addition to the squad, who'll certainly be pushing to be a first pick.

He looks the business. Good skill at his feet and a powerful shot on him. He will be suited to our game the championship is a competitive and tough league as we know and you need your wits about you.

He's a number 10 who'll be adaptable in the middle area of the pitch, imo he's been brought in to start from the off for us. I'd imagine Lawrence and Čolak will be starting our first CL Qualifier.

Mine neither mate, but I've spent a bit of time reading up on him now and watching some footage.

He'll be comfortable playing in any of the 3 positions behind the striker, but is probably at his strongest as a 10.

He'll drive forward from the middle of the park (something we've lacked imo) and isn't scared to have a shot on goal.

A very good addition to the squad, who'll certainly be pushing to be a first pick.

Some of us were appreciating him from way back :eek::D

Sounds exactly what we need. Welcome to the Famous Tom

Back