Official Ridvan Yilmaz signs on a five-year deal from Besiktas.

AuYFH5W.jpg

And Timothy says - "But they've nae money!"
I know they’re idiots but I wonder if the penny will even drop with them? £8m for Gerrard, £16m Patterson, £10m Aribo, £22m Bassey and extended euro run giving more than CL groups so about £30m to £40m yet we’re only keeping the lights on till the end of the season! Morons!

I see this as a landmark signing.

We’ve struggled to get these types of players in the door, Veerman and Fulgini being examples. The coveted by similar sized clubs and in the £5/6m bracket makes deals like this hard to do and we have had issues with it in the last.

However we have secured a player who has been on the radar for some seriously top talent factories in Spurs etc and he is at an age where he is going to really kick on in his development.

Hopefully this is the first of a few a year now, with this type of player.

Don't know much about him, but everyone else's excitement about him is getting me excited. Welcome to the greatest and most Majestic Football Club in the World.

Must admit i thought this was another Yerda Selzavon when i seen his name, very excited with the squad now, would still like one more though, Striker please (if Roofe goes)

This is an exciting signing, he could be a really good player for us. We've had a fantastic transfer window, we lost a couple of brilliant players but we've strengthen the squad overall imo.

So happy this is finally over the line!
No pressure on the lad, but I'm hoping for great things from him in his career with us. :)
Welcome aboard son!

Welcome young man. Don't know much about him, but trust GVB and Wilson. Hopefully he can replace/provide competition for BB.

Just watched two "skills" videos of him on Youtube.

The first one had me terrified, all it showed was a wee guy with decent anticipation but who was constantly getting bullied and falling down in the tackle or giving the ball away with some eye-wateringly poor passing.

The second one looks more like it. Looks alot like David Robertson from a distance in terms of his movement and crossing.

From what I've seen though I'd say there's no guarantee he'll have Borna's jersey this season. Hopefully the competition brings the best out of both.

Did you search for 'Greg Taylor' the first time by mistake?

Big signing for us …… one that would likely not have been possible a couple of years ago.
All of Europe will now have realised……. we’re back!

Ridvan Yilmaz signs on a five-year deal from Besiktas.

RANGERS Football Club are today delighted to announce the signing of Turkish international Ridvan Yilmaz on a five-year deal from Besiktas.

The left-back joins Gers for an undisclosed fee, subject to international clearance and the work permit process being concluded.

Yilmaz, 21 years old, has already been a league champion with Besiktas, and has gained top level experience in the UEFA Champions League.

A proud product of the youth system at Besiktas, Yilmaz has become a full part of the Turkish national team in the last year, having featured at each of their younger international age group squads.

After impressing in international friendly matches, he was named in the squad for last summer’s UEFA European Championships, and has since won 6 full international caps.

A modern, attacking full-back, Rangers supporters can look forward to seeing Yilmaz further strengthen Gio van Bronckhorst’s first team squad.

Speaking after agreeing to join Rangers today, Yilmaz commented: “I am delighted to be joining a club the size of Rangers and am really looking forward to meeting my new teammates.

“This is a club who have shown they can compete against some of the best teams in Europe, and I am really excited by the challenges we have ahead of us.

“I have heard so much too about the Rangers supporters and I cannot wait to play in front of them for the first time.”

Manager van Bronckhorst continued: “I am really pleased to have added Ridvan to our squad and I believe he will bring a lot of quality to the club.

“I have been really impressed with his development in a really demanding, winning environment at Besiktas over the last few seasons.

“I am looking forward to welcoming him to training in the coming days and to seeing him in action for the first time.

Sporting Director, Ross Wilson, added: “Gio and I were clear in our desire to invest in a high potential and high quality left back. We have now secured that in the signing of Ridvan Yilmaz. He’s a talented young player who has been coveted throughout Europe following outstanding performances for Besiktas. We also know how highly regarded he is in the Turkish National Team. This is another exciting young player to join our squad, and we are delighted to bring Ridvan to Rangers.”
Welcome to the Famous Glasgow Rangers, Ridvan. You are most welcome.

Is he actually at the club just now or still travelling? not seen any official photos etc.

Anyway, welcome to the Rangers.

Been a great window.

Just signed on looking for a bit of good news. Feck me I am ecstatic now!! Really wanted this to happen. Absolutely marvellous signing, signing of the window I'd say. This boy is gonna be class! Borna will need to up his game ten fold now. Brilliant! WATP!

Back